ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s America: Retailers Opt for Empty Shelves To Prevent Theft

Red Runney

All-Conference
Jun 22, 2022
Bettendorf IA
Many retailers are emptying their shelves across the country, but not because of low stock. A concerning increase in thefts has pushed companies to put more products under lock and key, the Wall Street Journal reports.

At one Best Buy store in the suburbs of Houston, where hundreds of items like Bose speakers and Fitbit activity trackers used to sit on the shelves, shoppers will instead find small blue signs that read, "This product kept in secured location."

Twelve Democrat-run cities hit record-high crime rates last year, the Washington Free Beacon reported. Voters have responded by turning on left-wing prosecutors who support lighter sentences, less policing, and the elimination of cash bail. President Joe Biden, meanwhile, has blamed the crime spike on "illegal gun trafficking" and has focused on gun control legislation.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie
This is new? There have been high end items locked up for decades now. But right wingers are just noticing it? Figures, they're not very observant.
Walgreens keeps all sorts of things locked up. Heck not even particularly high end.

Reactions: BelemNole
Theft by employees is a far bigger problem than shoplifting. A lot of the locking up of merchandise is to keep employees honest as well.
I imagine it is all about inventory one way or another. Crazy a retailer that used to be as crazy as best buy would slow down enough for what I will lazily call a key in key out process.

Reactions: tumorboy
I imagine it is all about inventory one way or another. Crazy a retailer that used to be as crazy as best buy would slow down enough for what I will lazily call a key in key out process.
So much of what kept best buy busy has been driven online or obsolete. They've had to reimage themselves as far as what they sell to thrive.

Left wingers have applauded looting, blamed smash and grabs on the retailers themselves, and done away with laws regarding shoplifting yet you libs think this is all normal and ok.

• Haha
Left wingers have applauded looting, blamed smash and grabs on the retailers themselves, and done away with laws regarding shoplifting yet you libs think this is all normal and ok.
Link to where Left wingers have applauded looting? I'll wait.

No just living in the real world Chief. As I've pointed out this probably due to employee theft as much as customer theft.

This is new? There have been high end items locked up for decades now. But right wingers are just noticing it? Figures, they're not very observant.
‘High end’ items?
No.
Items more likely to be stolen.
Retailers don’t waste time and money on this crap unless the alternative is more expensive.

• Haha
Sounds like OP is a poor and should shop in better areas than that 1 Best Buy in the suburbs of Houston. Which, by the way is in a republican red state.

Last edited:

I havn't been to a Best Buy in years as well but I'm guessing they are not nearly as crazy now. Good evidence for that might be the fact that both of us have not been to one in years.

Amazon is freaking killing these specialty stores like Best Buy.

ADVERTISEMENT