ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s Poll Numbers Keep Dropping

In an article I was reading

I hesitated to cover this because I hate the idea of me being accused of being partisan, but in this case, the work is from the left-leaning Brookings Institute, it is a mere analysis of U.S. Labor Department data, and my intentions in sharing are not remotely partisan and political, but rather informational and, in some applications, actionable. “Red states” have added 341,000 net jobs since the pandemic began, while “blue states” have lost 1.3 million net jobs. Moody’s created an index of 13 metrics to gauge post-COVID economic recovery and concluded that 11 of the 15 states with the highest readings were politically “red” while 8 of the bottom 10 were blue. Again, Brookings and Moody’s are no right-wing partisan institutions. Migration is why I bring this up, not politics. Florida, Texas, and North Carolina gained the most in population since early 2020, while California, New York, and Illinois lost the most.
Say it again for those in the back!

Reactions: Packer54
He's well within his rights as the governor to exercise his legal authority to remove special privileges that a company like Disney has enjoyed for decades. BTW it was Disney who stuck their nose in where it didn't belong and said they were going to fight him.. he didn't call them out...he just reminded them they're a guest in our state, and even if they chose to leave we'd still have beaches, universal, busch gardens, year round golf, and plenty of other reasons to visit.

DeSantis didn't have a problem with Disney getting involved in politics when they donated to the Florida GOP. He just went full Napoleon complex when they dared to speak out against an anti Lgbtq+ bill. How about the time he got pissy because the Tampa Bay Rays decided to take a stance that gun violence is bad. Or when he threatened Twitter during the Elon Musk saga? Those types of things might play well in The Villages but it turns off a lot of Moderates across the country.

Reactions: littlez
DeSantis didn't have a problem with Disney getting involved in politics when they donated to the Florida GOP. He just went full Napoleon complex when they dared to speak out against an anti Lgbtq+ bill. How about the time he got pissy because the Tampa Bay Rays decided to take a stance that gun violence is bad. Or when he threatened Twitter during the Elon Musk saga? Those types of things might play well in The Villages but it turns off a lot of Moderates across the country.
If you want to do business in our state, run your business, pay no state income tax, and keep your political opinions to yourself. Besides the Rays can’t get people to their games, it’s not the state’s job (the people of the state) to pay for a training facility… this wasn’t for a stadium or stadium improvement.

certainly you have the right to open your mouth and take whatever stance you want without fear of jail time but that doesn’t mean there won’t be repercussions.

i say taking on Disney is a bold move, a real game of political chicken… it would help if the media stopped spreading lies like calling it the don’t say gay law…straight teachers aren’t supposed to talk about their sex lives to little kids either.

In an article I was reading

I hesitated to cover this because I hate the idea of me being accused of being partisan, but in this case, the work is from the left-leaning Brookings Institute, it is a mere analysis of U.S. Labor Department data, and my intentions in sharing are not remotely partisan and political, but rather informational and, in some applications, actionable. “Red states” have added 341,000 net jobs since the pandemic began, while “blue states” have lost 1.3 million net jobs. Moody’s created an index of 13 metrics to gauge post-COVID economic recovery and concluded that 11 of the 15 states with the highest readings were politically “red” while 8 of the bottom 10 were blue. Again, Brookings and Moody’s are no right-wing partisan institutions. Migration is why I bring this up, not politics. Florida, Texas, and North Carolina gained the most in population since early 2020, while California, New York, and Illinois lost the most.
Like you, I try not to be partisan. I like to see unvarnished facts without immediately jumping to R v D.

So, you have there some interesting facts. Are you (or the author) able to theorize anything from this? Cal, Illinois and NY have the largest cities in the country - the metro areas of those 3 cities account for almost 43 million people. Are those people leaving because of politics? Or are they boomers heading south?

Is the job loss due to people leaving the state? Or, because of the local economy.

I hate it when people find a fact and jump to R v D. For example, there have probably been more tornadoes in red states. It may correlate, but it's meaningless.

Thoughts?

Like you, I try not to be partisan. I like to see unvarnished facts without immediately jumping to R v D.

So, you have there some interesting facts. Are you (or the author) able to theorize anything from this? Cal, Illinois and NY have the largest cities in the country - the metro areas of those 3 cities account for almost 43 million people. Are those people leaving because of politics? Or are they boomers heading south?

Is the job loss due to people leaving the state? Or, because of the local economy.

I hate it when people find a fact and jump to R v D. For example, there have probably been more tornadoes in red states. It may correlate, but it's meaningless.

Thoughts?
A lot of tech jobs have moved from California to Texas due to tax rates and cost of living. New York’s crime rate and cost of living also makes it hard to live there. The cost to park your car in NYC or rent for an apartment is crazy. I’m guessing other factors play a role too like weather, retirement, family have also led to increased mass exodus from certain blue states.

factor in extremely restrictive COVID policies which only seemed to apply to the peasants but not the royalty like Newsome, Pelosi, Cuomo, etc.

Even guys like Bill Maher complain about certain leftist policies they ultimately support like green energy but he’s been trying forever to get solar panels installed at his home but there’s so much red tape it’s made it very difficult nay impossible.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
A lot of tech jobs have moved from California to Texas due to tax rates and cost of living. New York’s crime rate and cost of living also makes it hard to live there. The cost to park your car in NYC or rent for an apartment is crazy. I’m guessing other factors play a role too like weather, retirement, family have also led to increased mass exodus from certain blue states.

factor in extremely restrictive COVID policies which only seemed to apply to the peasants but not the royalty like Newsome, Pelosi, Cuomo, etc.

Even guys like Bill Maher complain about certain leftist policies they ultimately support like green energy but he’s been trying forever to get solar panels installed at his home but there’s so much red tape it’s made it very difficult nay impossible.
Good response.

I will add to it by pointing out the vast numbers of jobs that have become work from home. If you can work from home, that home can be anywhere - so why live in these crowded, absurdly expensive cities?

Speaking of red tape, my son has started a home based consulting business and he has clients in NY. He is finding it nearly impossible to register to do business in NY. It's been pretty easy in every other state he has tried.

I stayed in a downtown hotel on a recent visit to Chicago. They charged me $75 day for parking. :mad:

There is one potential event that will boost Biden’s number. That is the moment of Trump announces his 2024 bid.

A completely wild ass guess is that it will boost Biden 5%

Reactions: littlez
Good response.

I will add to it by pointing out the vast numbers of jobs that have become work from home. If you can work from home, that home can be anywhere - so why live in these crowded, absurdly expensive cities?

Speaking of red tape, my son has started a home based consulting business and he has clients in NY. He is finding it nearly impossible to register to do business in NY. It's been pretty easy in every other state he has tried.

I stayed in a downtown hotel on a recent visit to Chicago. They charged me $75 day for parking. :mad:
I think there’s a McDonalds downtown that charges like 20 bucks an hour to park there. Also the WFH movement is a great point, if I can do my job from home and home costs me 100,000 less in Texas or Florida, and I kept 30% more of my income from taxes, I’d move where the food is too.

Good response.

Downtown Chicago is meant to be walked, not driven. You have to go online and look around for parking. Not every place there charges $75 a day. I parked my car for 4 days for $80 at one parking garage last week.

Reactions: ericram and littlez
Downtown Chicago is meant to be walked, not driven. You have to go online and look around for parking. Not every place there charges $75 a day. I parked my car for 4 days for $80 at one parking garage last week.
Yeah, the locals (or frequent visitors) get things figured out. Hotels make a lot of money on suckers like me that don't know their options. Not blaming the hotel tho - I had plenty of time to figure out something cheaper, but I'm lazy.

Yeah, the locals (or frequent visitors) get things figured out. Hotels make a lot of money on suckers like me that don't know their options. Not blaming the hotel tho - I had plenty of time to figure out something cheaper, but I'm lazy.
Yup, that's how they get ya. ;)

So what happens when inflation is non existent and we have a deflationary time period that will occur starting this fall. Commodity prices have already rolled over and will likely continue into the fall. When grain prices, oil and other major commodities fall to more reasonable levels do you think his approval rating will go up or down?

I don't think that's necessarily true. I do think it'll be closer than it was last time, though. People have seen what not voting blue does with the Supreme Court doing their due diligence to strip women of their bodily autonomy.
Democrats had a lot to do with this.

Yup, that's how they get ya. ;)
DlbM82PU4AA9Uap.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BioHawk
Let’s see how things look in a week. Along with the calls for Biden to not run in 2024. Joe has crushed it for the last two weeks.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Let’s see how things look in a week. Along with the calls for Biden to not run in 2024. Joe has crushed it for the last two weeks.
Has he raised taxes on anybody to pay for anything?

what he is crushing is the debt records Trump set. Trump broke Obama’s records.

I do t care if you pass a law that hands out free crack, just show me the taxes raised to pay for it.

ADVERTISEMENT