ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s polling with Hispanics

Absolutely remarkable considering what the alternative has said about Hispanics and their ability to enter this country. Biden is a disaster

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I don’t think illegal immigration is truly that popular outside of idiots in big cities and college campuses.

Most run of the mill middle age mid-westerners I've heard talk about it say that we need an orderly process. They're not necessarily against immigration, but it needs to be done the right way and rules need to be followed. If you can't follow the rules then you get the boot back to wherever you came from.

Most run of the mill middle age mid-westerners I've heard talk about it say that we need an orderly process. They're not necessarily against immigration, but it needs to be done the right way and rules need to be followed. If you can't follow the rules then you get the boot back to wherever you came from.
Literally every country in the world controls their immigration.

D's call that racism and replacement theory...

You’d think he’d be polling a lot higher considering how he’s feeding their babies the formula he’s ripping out of the mouths of the white ones. Voting against their best interests.

Is Biden doing well in any approval rating poll? I'm not sure there is a single group that gives him decent ratings.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Our answer to immigration is walls and tight borders which actually increases illegal immigration. I get dumping on Dems for illiegal immigration, but if we want to be fair, the R policies are arguably worse.
It’s a bipartisan problem

Any country worth their salt. I’m actually for increasing legal immigration. Neither party’s seems much interested in comprehensive immigration reform…talk about it…do nothing.

I just don’t favor illegal immigration…
No I mean that any talk of immigration reform is met with calls of racism or that the DNC is actually the people behind the proliferation of "replacement theory".

Any country worth their salt. I’m actually for increasing legal immigration. Neither party’s seems much interested in comprehensive immigration reform…talk about it…do nothing.

I just don’t favor illegal immigration…
But how do you cut off illegal immigration? One of the main pathways is to simply overstay visas. How do you fix that? I mean, I know my answer. Loosen immigration. But I'm curious what your ideas are?

No I mean that any talk of immigration reform is met with calls of racism or that the DNC is actually the people behind the proliferation of "replacement theory".
Immigration policy is basically used as a political football by both parties when its just a basic function of any country.

Tiresome

It's likely true. Tighter borders means that people still come in. They simply don't leave. If you loosen controls, people go back home when there is no more work.
Often, when all you have is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail. That's the US immigration policy.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Often, when all you have is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail. That's the US immigration policy.
The sad thing is that we already know how to fix immigration. But addressing immigration through employment doesn't have the same ring as a massive wall.

HROT liberals and black folk
I know plenty of black folks here in Atlanta who don’t think highly of him. I know of at least two who would vote for Trump if they could do it over again. I, of course, tell them not to get too carried away. 😉

Seriously, though, we need something much better than what we’ve gotten the past 5+ years. This has turned into a joke.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Absolutely remarkable considering what the alternative has said about Hispanics and their ability to enter this country. Biden is a disaster
Have you seen the polls of Hispanics opinions on illegal immigration?

Immigration policy is basically used as a political football by both parties when its just a basic function of any country.

Tiresome

Well, yeah. I still don't think things are nearly as dire as almost everyone everywhere would have you believe. The DNC's immigration policy proposals are no more liberal or "open borders" than that of the Reagan and W Bush administration's were and like it or not the US needs it's population to grow.

To me, this seems like an area that a small group of bipartisan lawmakers could really make hay on, by coming up with a better controlled system to get people filling jobs and paying taxes. The biggest hurdle, IMO, is the general publics inability to express a modicum of patience for an incredibly complex issue.

Reactions: darylhawk
Our answer to immigration is walls and tight borders which actually increases illegal immigration. I get dumping on Dems for illiegal immigration, but if we want to be fair, the R policies are arguably worse.
I would love to hear your detailed reasoning on why walls and tight borders increase illegal immigration. I’ve seen you say this at least twice in recent days.

I may be tired, but I do not see this data
I know plenty of black folks here in Atlanta who don’t think highly of him. I know of at least two who would vote for Trump if they could do it over again. I, of course, tell them not to get too carried away. 😉

Seriously, though, we need something much better than what we’ve gotten the past 5+ years. This has turned into a joke.
On NPR this morning, they were walking around Gwinnett County (blue county). Interesting interviews with citizens. It sounded like one of main issues supporting a red wave is lack of motivation by democratic voters to vote in the midterms.

I would love to hear your detailed reasoning on why walls and tight borders increase illegal immigration. I’ve seen you say this at least twice in recent days.
Interesting studies on this. I would suggest checking out Gladwell's podcast on this. But essentially before Nixon ordered the wall along the southern border there was the free movement of labor across the border during seasonal labor requirement then the migrants would return home during the "offseason." The theory goes is that if the US policy was a more libertarian view of the free movement of labor with available seasonal work visas you would not "trap" families behind the wall and they would return to their home countries with hard currency to improve the economic condition.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Funny, because one of the biggest Trump supporters I ever met is Hispanic. I was taken aback when she went into her MAGA talk but she explained to me that Hispanic American citizens hate illegal immigration because it makes them all look bad and that her family did it the right way and went through all the hoops to become citizens. Despises illegal immigration.

Maybe just another miscalculation by Democrats who throw all Hispanics into that "POC" basket they just expect to vote for them without question.

Reactions: 24 so far
Spare yourself from mindless gibberish. You're Welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT