ADVERTISEMENT

Biden 334, Trump 125, Toss Up 79

117367713_10158548125879817_2270027844958115360_n.jpg
2016 poll?

It looked like it was "leaning Trump." I don't know. I would think that Florida is a necessity state in just about every election.

Given the various state polls right now, FL would be a nice get for Biden, but not mandatory if the rest of the map remains favorable. Trump on the other hand, absolutely has to have FL to have a chance.

2016 poll?

Great question, glad you asked. In 2020 polls since June 1, there's 14 in the RCP database (RCP is not exactly MSNBC). 9 of those 14 have Biden at 50% or higher. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/fl/florida_trump_vs_biden-6841.html#polls

If you look at Florida polls from ALL of 2016, Hillary Clinton never, at any point in 2016, had 50% in any poll.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5963.html#polls

I probably will vote for him again yes. I would have considered a few of the dem candidates had they been chosen. Except we are left with Biden who likely won’t finish a term.

But aside from that, a far left agenda scares me more than any positive policy choice the Trump has.

No to free college
No to reparations
No to universal health care
No to artificially moving away from fossil fuels in a non market based way
No to 2nd A erosion or worse, gun confiscation
No to cancel culture
No to virtue signaling
No to genderless society
No to tax increases
No to carbon tax
No to defunding police
No to unions

Hell, fact is, I’m damn near against every policy position if the left. Trump is a dumbass to be sure but here we are.....
So . . . you are a committed fascist and racist.

Pretty sure most of us already knew that, but it's nice to see you lay it out point by point for anyone who was in doubt.

And, yes, you'd pretty much have to be to vote for Trump.

Reactions: blhawk
Exactly what I said. . . It's not that conservative's have ideas to fix today's problems they just don't like the left's ideas. So they would rather not fix today's problems.
Exactly what you said?

Wow! Not only have you been back-sliding - you've back-slid all the way.

Congrats on your narrow escape from becoming a decent human being and good Christian.

I’m curious if you really know much about Biden’s policy proposals, because he agrees with you on maybe half of the items on your list.
Well, maybe a third. And those are the reasons why Biden was not the best choice for America.

Another third of that list, give or take, are just wingnut talking points about things they mostly invented to scare themselves.

enate
In regards to the Electoral map... if it's even remotely close to that... the GOP will lose at least 6-8 incumbent races in the Senate.
Unfortunately, the GOP and the Koch Network and others wielding Dark Money know this, too.

They may be willing to throw Trump under the bus, but I expect them to fight to keep an obstructionist Senate in place.

Easiest way to do that is for the Party to replace Trump.

Makes me wonder what DeWine is up to. By announcing he tested positive, then negative, he's getting attention. If Ohio is really in the toss-up category, he could fix that if he's on the ticket. Maybe with Mittens, maybe with someone else.

Rubio could presumably rescue Florida - although Rs in charge of the state have stolen it before and might be able to again. So maybe Rubio doesn't matter.

Rs in GA, NC, WI and probably other states have implemented restructuring that will make it hard for Ds to win, so don't count on them.

If the Rs don't dump Trump, which Senate races do they need to focus on? How much are Koch and Adelson and the Mercers and others of their ilk willing to spend?

We are talking about higher taxes for them, and keeping oil in the ground. How much is it worth it to them to block just those 2 Dem agenda items?

Exactly what you said?

Wow! Not only have you been back-sliding - you've back-slid all the way.

Congrats on your narrow escape from becoming a decent human being and good Christian.

Wait what?

I was pointing out that conservatives have no ideas at how to fix anything and would rather not do it.

He's voting for Trump not because of what he wants Trump to do he's voting for Trump because he doesn't want the problems solved.

enate

Unfortunately, the GOP and the Koch Network and others wielding Dark Money know this, too.

They may be willing to throw Trump under the bus, but I expect them to fight to keep an obstructionist Senate in place.

Easiest way to do that is for the Party to replace Trump.

Makes me wonder what DeWine is up to. By announcing he tested positive, then negative, he's getting attention. If Ohio is really in the toss-up category, he could fix that if he's on the ticket. Maybe with Mittens, maybe with someone else.

Rubio could presumably rescue Florida - although Rs in charge of the state have stolen it before and might be able to again. So maybe Rubio doesn't matter.

Rs in GA, NC, WI and probably other states have implemented restructuring that will make it hard for Ds to win, so don't count on them.

If the Rs don't dump Trump, which Senate races do they need to focus on? How much are Koch and Adelson and the Mercers and others of their ilk willing to spend?

We are talking about higher taxes for them, and keeping oil in the ground. How much is it worth it to them to block just those 2 Dem agenda items?

Be honest with yourself. There isn't the proverbial snowball's chance in Hell that they could replace a presidential ticket less than 3 months from election day, and less than a month before the RNC convention. Heck, in American history, only once that I'm aware of, has the POTUS not been renominated for re-election. And separating GOP senators from Trump at this late date is problematic at best. Simply too many instances where they all publicly knuckled under to Trump.

So . . . you are a committed fascist and racist.

Pretty sure most of us already knew that, but it's nice to see you lay it out point by point for anyone who was in doubt.

And, yes, you'd pretty much have to be to vote for Trump.

Fascist and racist huh? Really?

What is clear is that we differ on policy yet you’re the one that feels the need to use these sorts of terms toward me.

One must assume it because the rest of your prior vacuous arguments have failed to persuade so here you are.

Be honest with yourself. There isn't the proverbial snowball's chance in Hell that they could replace a presidential ticket less than 3 months from election day, and less than a month before the RNC convention. Heck, in American history, only once that I'm aware of, has the POTUS not been renominated for re-election. And separating GOP senators from Trump at this late date is problematic at best. Simply too many instances where they all publicly knuckled under to Trump.
We're talking about Republicans. Of course they can dump Trump. If their donors tell them to, they'll jump.

I'd bet lots of R candidates would love to have the Trump albatross removed from around their neck. The only problem most would have if Trump is removed this late is "why didn't you let me know sooner so I could have taken a 'principled' position against Trump that I could brag about?"

We're talking about Republicans. Of course they can dump Trump. If their donors tell them to, they'll jump.

I'd bet lots of R candidates would love to have the Trump albatross removed from around their neck. The only problem most would have if Trump is removed this late is "why didn't you let me know sooner so I could have taken a 'principled' position against Trump that I could brag about?"

first and foremost, that would require them to actually stand up to Trump. Nothing we’ve seen in the past 4 years says they’re willing to cross him like that.

first and foremost, that would require them to actually stand up to Trump. Nothing we’ve seen in the past 4 years says they’re willing to cross him like that.
Again, if their donors tell them to dump Trump, they'll come up with a way. If it's a choice between standing up to Trump - who is dragging some of them down in state races - or standing up to their donors, who can buy their seat for them or someone else, if they want to, then you get this:

David Koch to GOP candidate: Dump Trump or my money goes to your opponent.

GOP candidate: Yes, sir! Right away, sir.​

Do I think this will happen? Not really. I think the Koch Network and the rest of the GOP donor class have already decided they are willing to lose the White House. Just as long as they can hold onto the Senate.

If I'm right, what should the Dems do? Because clearly they will need both Houses to merely undo some of the damage Trump and the GOP have done to America and the world.

ADVERTISEMENT