ADVERTISEMENT

Biden administration creates 'Disinformation Governance Board' under DHS to fight 'misinformation'

Absolutely.

That said, it will be headed by a political appointee, so I'm doubtful that there will be many positive outcomes.

Just wait until a Republican gets to appoint a Truth Czar and we can watch everybody's stance on this do a quick 180.
You're kidding right? You really think there's a circumstance where someone in the government decides what is disinformation? There's not an administration ìn my lifetime that hasn't lied to American people in some major way.

Pretty dumb committee to form. It obvious it's not whether the information is true or not anymore, just that it aligns with our ideology and makes us feel good. The most obvious of lies doesn't stop people from latching on to the information and spreading to anyone they can.

I am shocked that the right wingers on here are terrified of a board whose job it is to point out complete bullshit. I'm not sure why they are thinking the next step is going to be to round them up and throw them in concentration camps, after all, they've got a million guns.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Is/was Nina a man? NTTAWWT

ERgI8zRWkAAxyZY.jpg:large
Heinrich Himmler is smiling,

Biden Staff Meeting Slogan

"Remember: We may always be better than Trump, but at least we're worse than Bush!"

I am shocked that the right wingers on here are terrified of a board whose job it is to point out complete bullshit. I'm not sure why they are thinking the next step is going to be to round them up and throw them in concentration camps, after all, they've got a million guns.
The problem with this has always been who determines what's "bullshit"? Very malleable and easily abused. It's a bad idea......like has been said before. If Trump had implemented it basically the R's would be for it, and D's against. That alone tells you it's a horrible idea.

Last edited:
Well, what does it mean when half of the republican party believe the election was stolen?
Unless you can prove that - without quoting some lefty source - you’re not giving a real answer and you know it.
Half of the leftist voters believe their student loans will get canceled with no repercussions for the economy. How naive THEY are.

The problem with this has always been who determines what's "bullshit"? Very malleable and easily abused. It's a bad idea......like has been said before. If Trump had implemented it basically the R's would be for it, and D's against. That alone tells you it's a horrible idea.

Yep.
Elites: we own the truth and we’ll tell you what that truth is, because you’re not as smart as we are and won’t determine that truth for yourself.
Uh, no. You won’t.
America has ALWAYS had its share of folks who unfortunately were easily led and willing to believe certain things.
Recall reading about Orson Wells “War of the Worlds” radio broadcast? Sheer panic because so many truly thought Martians had invaded. DOH

Yep.
Elites: we own the truth and we’ll tell you what that truth is, because you’re not as smart as we are and won’t determine that truth for yourself.
Uh, no. You won’t.
America has ALWAYS had its share of folks who unfortunately were easily led and willing to believe certain things.
Recall reading about Orson Wells “War of the Worlds” radio broadcast? Sheer panic because so many truly thought Martians had invaded. DOH
You know you're going to be accused of listening to the actually War of the Worlds broadcast, right?!

I am sure you will have no problem with Trump running this committee if he gets re elected

Unless you can prove that - without quoting some lefty source - you’re not giving a real answer and you know it.
Half of the leftist voters believe their student loans will get canceled with no repercussions for the economy. How naive THEY are.
Oh holy crap! Stop denying what the members of your party and it's leaders are selling and believing. There are Republicans on this board who think the democrats stole the election. I'm not convinced you're not one of them. It is completely obvious a massive amount of people you vote with believe the big lie. They believe the conman. You do. You voted for him and will again in 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: your_master5
I am sure you will have no problem with Trump running this committee if he gets re elected
You have to have credibility in the first place. But of course, the details of how the committee is set up matters, for sure. If it's done properly, it shouldn't matter who the President is.

You have to have credibility in the first place. But of course, the details of how the committee is set up matters, for sure. If it's done properly, it shouldn't matter who the President is.
I had read somewhere that all of the communist leaders had something similar. This will be epic

You're kidding right? You really think there's a circumstance where someone in the government decides what is disinformation? There's not an administration ìn my lifetime that hasn't lied to American people in some major way.
My "absolutely" was purely theoretical.

Let me be clear; My opinion is that this is a really bad thing for all but those who are deciding what is "disinformation" and what is "truth".

Reactions: grayhair81
lol

Are any of these sources "leftist" enough to prove your point?

Forbes, NPR, US News, Newsweek, WAPO, The Guardian, Yahoo News, CNN (there's the one you're probably looking for), FOX News, The Hill, Politico, The Independent (UK), Quinnipiac, MSNBC, OANN, etc., etc., etc...

Who have I left out?????

Now, you mentioned something about naivety?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...me..69i57.32091j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yep.
Uh, no. You won’t.
Lol at a bullshit Republican narrative. ELITES!! Cried by Republican leaders who are millionaires and went to Ivy league schools. This is why I know I’m smarter than you. I don’t fall for BS.

So......you guys want disinformation spread? You want more migrants? Russian propaganda?
No….. it’s that we don’t trust the spreaders of Tonkin Gulf, etc. to determine what is and isn’t disinformation that can be spread. You want more Iraq invasions for WMD? Neocon propaganda?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT