ADVERTISEMENT

Biden administration creates 'Disinformation Governance Board' under DHS to fight 'misinformation'

I am shocked that the right wingers on here are terrified of a board whose job it is to point out complete bullshit. I'm not sure why they are thinking the next step is going to be to round them up and throw them in concentration camps, after all, they've got a million guns.
You are one of the people on HROT who I enjoy reading. You are constructive and thoughtful. A government role to determine truth vs. disinformation is going to be another stress on our democracy.

I believe the Founders of this great democracy knew it would constantly be stressed. Bearing Arms does help protect us from either R's or D's from government abuse of power.

Oh holy crap! Stop denying what the members of your party and it's leaders are selling and believing. There are Republicans on this board who think the democrats stole the election. I'm not convinced you're not one of them. It is completely obvious a massive amount of people you vote with believe the big lie. They believe the conman. You do. You voted for him and will again in 2024.
I don't know how many Trump voters believe the election was stolen. It is fair to see there are concerns R's have that there are not enough controls in place to make sure election fraud does not take place. It is also fair to say D's have concerns that it is too difficult for everyone who has the right to vote to exercise that right.

It would be nice to see bipartisan efforts to address these concerns.

I kept thinking your next sentence would be “of course I don’t believe the big lie and I’m ashamed of those in my party who push it.”

Needless to say I was left wanting.
Shouldn’t it go without saying? Or are you still wanting to argue over what we both seem to recognize?

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
You have to have credibility in the first place. But of course, the details of how the committee is set up matters, for sure. If it's done properly, it shouldn't matter who the President is.
If we are going to have a government committee on this, then I agree with you 100%. Government's role still scares me.

I usually have you on ignore (for several reasons, but apparently you’ve not returned the favor).
Calm down - please - before you ratchet up your emotional and ill-considered screaming at individuals from that corner of the room where you are hunched in a hysterical 😩 heap with a box of Kleenex.
Thank you.
You addressed nothing. Ignore? And you accused me of running away and hiding once! Every single time you post you reiterate what a small person you are. Pathetic MAGA.

No one needs a truth commission. Remember all the dems disinformation? Hunters laptop, Russia collusion, any face covering will work, I don't need any of these clowns telling me what isn't true.
You just typed tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense again. Please explain to us all these horrible things on that laptop. Facts only please, Vasily.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
I will be 59 soon. In my lifetime, this is the single greatest threat to the foundational freedoms of our society I have seen. Allowing people to speak untruths and distortions is far less dangerous than forbidding people to express dissenting opinions. Once the government determines what the truth is, any dissenting opinion would be labeled as disinformation.

Please provide some examples that support your belief the GOP lo
I don't know how many Trump voters believe the election was stolen. It is fair to see there are concerns R's have that there are not enough controls in place to make sure election fraud does not take place. It is also fair to say D's have concerns that it is too difficult for everyone who has the right to vote to exercise that right.

It would be nice to see bipartisan efforts to address these concerns.
The Republicans concerns are made up horsecrap.

Oh holy crap! Stop denying what the members of your party and it's leaders are selling and believing. There are Republicans on this board who think the democrats stole the election. I'm not convinced you're not one of them. It is completely obvious a massive amount of people you vote with believe the big lie. They believe the conman. You do. You voted for him and will again in 2024.
Tom, are you not familiar with the continued claims from Democrats the election was stolen from Hillary Clinton and Stacey Abrams?

I don’t care what political party a person is for, no Govt agency should be in charge of curbing what they determine is misinformation. It defies the freedom of speech. Hell, we still have flat Earthers out there preaching.

I will be 59 soon. In my lifetime, this is the single greatest threat to the foundational freedoms of our society I have seen. Allowing people to speak untruths and distortions is far less dangerous than forbidding people to express dissenting opinions. Once the government determines what the truth is, any dissenting opinion would be labeled as disinformation.
The left, especially those on here, do not care about that. They'll gladly hand over their freedom of speech and thought for the security of being told what is "true".

The Department of Homeland Security is setting up a new board designed to counter misinformation related to homeland security, with a focus specifically on Russia and irregular migration. The board will be called the "Disinformation Governance Board, and will be headed by executive director Nina Jankowicz.

Who is Nina, and why is she fit for this role at the new Ministry of Truth?

FRXwDo3XMAAiA08

The actual origins of the emails are unclear. And disinformation experts say there are multiple red flags that raise doubts about their authenticity, including questions about whether the laptop actually belongs to Hunter Biden, said Nina Jankowicz, a fellow at the nonpartisan Wilson Center in Washington.

“We should view it as a Trump campaign product,” Jankowicz said.

Go figure…

Lol. What could possibly go wrong with this?

Hanoi Hannah.

The thought crime police have now been established.

No way this is true.

You mean there are actually people that believe what comes out of the Biden administration?

This feels somewhere between Nazi Propaganda, KGB tactics, and the book 1984.

And the left remains silent because “Go Team Blue!”

This is simply the lefts overreaction to Elon and Twitter. They no longer have control of one of the larger social media platforms and are unable to suppress or control information they don't agree with, or things they want to keep under wraps. Any person capable of rational thought can see this is nothing more than another control tactic that will end up backfiring.
I disagree with this, but this is in reaction to the torrent of Russian disinformation and propaganda that helped get morons to vote Trump and Republicans. It sounds reasonable in the current circumstances, but can too spectacularly backfire.

I disagree with this, but this is in reaction to the torrent of Russian disinformation and propaganda that helped get morons to vote Trump and Republicans. It sounds reasonable in the current circumstances, but can too spectacularly backfire.
What about Russian disinformation and propaganda in the form of the Steele Dossier and asserting that Hunter Biden's laptop was an intelligence operation?
The people pushing that propaganda, remorselessly and without retraction, are going to tell us what is and isn't real?
What sort of echo chamber is this coming from?

I can only assume you're off the deep end with Belem and don't realize the vast majority of the country doesn't trust those clowns.

KPcPOqx.png

What about Russian disinformation and propaganda in the form of the Steele Dossier and asserting that Hunter Biden's laptop was an intelligence operation?
The people pushing that propaganda, remorselessly and without retraction, are going to tell us what is and isn't real?
What sort of echo chamber is this coming from?

I can only assume you're off the deep end with Belem and don't realize the vast majority of the country doesn't trust those clowns.

KPcPOqx.png
Did you miss my first and last sentence?

This didn't actually go through did it? I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough they want are actively wanting another adult to decide what us right or wrong for them.

The Department of Homeland Security is setting up a new board designed to counter misinformation related to homeland security, with a focus specifically on Russia and irregular migration. The board will be called the "Disinformation Governance Board, and will be headed by executive director Nina Jankowicz.

Who is Nina, and why is she fit for this role at the new Ministry of Truth?

FRXwDo3XMAAiA08

The actual origins of the emails are unclear. And disinformation experts say there are multiple red flags that raise doubts about their authenticity, including questions about whether the laptop actually belongs to Hunter Biden, said Nina Jankowicz, a fellow at the nonpartisan Wilson Center in Washington.

“We should view it as a Trump campaign product,” Jankowicz said.

Go figure…
Disinformation aimed at undermining our form of government absolutely needs to be squashed.

This didn't actually go through did it? I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough they want are actively wanting another adult to decide what us right or wrong for them.
Go through what?
Did you think this was the result of legislation?

No siree, if we’re going to stop the threat of authoritarians we better hurry and do some authoritarian things!

Reactions: 24 so far
Disinformation aimed at undermining our form of government absolutely needs to be squashed.
The fact this board would never call the Gulf of Tonkin attack fake and would never tell us that Tony Blair was spreading misinformation when he told us that Saddam could launch a WMD strike in 45 minutes is why it is a threat to our form of government and absolutely needs to be squashed.

The 2/3rds of Democrats who think the government will provide us the truth and protect us from lies appear to be the entirety of the 1/3rd of the public that trusts the government.

Any effort to overthrow our government will include misinformation campaigns. You need look no further than the lies espoused by Trump and his GQP allies. The issue those opposed to this have is their party were the ones trying to overthrow the government and the legally elected administration.

Any effort to overthrow our government will include misinformation campaigns. You need look no further than the lies espoused by Schiff and his #Resistance allies. The issue those opposed to this have is their party were the ones trying to overthrow the government and the legally elected administration.
FTFY
Because the “smoking gun” was real, right?

Reactions: Finance85

If anyone need an example of who people use social media to amplify disinformation, check out this tweet:

Her own campaign ginned up that horseshit and spread it in the media knowing it was a lie.
People who post on this forum believed it.

Reactions: Finance85

If anyone need an example of who people use social media to amplify disinformation, check out this tweet:

Her own campaign ginned up that horseshit and spread it in the media knowing it was a lie.
People who post on this forum believed it.
Come on?!?! Don't ya know. Hilary never has had any lies at all and they are all just RW talking points. Just ask the Team Blue people on here.

You just typed tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense again. Please explain to us all these horrible things on that laptop. Facts only please, Vasily.
The worst thing about the laptop is it exposed the lengths some will go to censor information they think might be deleterious to their aims if made public.

You fell for the disinformation that its mere existence was a Russian psyop.

The person Biden has chosen to lead his Ministry of Truth fell for and spread the disinformation about that laptop.

Why do you want to make her spreading of disinformation ‘official’?

It would be if you could sort out actual propaganda from political activities by the parties, but you simply cannot. Russia,Russia, Russia talking points abound, as we have seen over the last few years. This is a terrible idea with even worse optics. Biden should fire Mayorkas and denounce it or it will cause him political damage.

Weird that all those Russia Russia Russia talking points turned out to be prescient...

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT