ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Administration Proposes Ban on Chinese, Russian Components in Connected Vehicles

Do you agree with this proposed ban?

• I agree with only banning Chinese components because I'm MAGA thus I support Putin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NoleATL

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Agree?

WASHINGTON—The Commerce Department on Monday proposed banning Chinese and Russian components inside of connected vehicles on U.S. roads, significantly escalating the Biden administration’s effort to prevent Washington’s top adversaries from spying on Americans.

Agree?

WASHINGTON—The Commerce Department on Monday proposed banning Chinese and Russian components inside of connected vehicles on U.S. roads, significantly escalating the Biden administration’s effort to prevent Washington’s top adversaries from spying on Americans.
It’s only s good idea if Trump says it’s a good idea. Since it’s Biden, it’s bad.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I don't know the exact details of this proposal, but indeed we should be thinking very hard about this issue.

Hell, after Israel blew the nuts off thousands of Hezbollah last week, we'd better damn well be thinking about the wartime possibilities involved with this scenario. It goes way beyond spying at this point.

Ultimately, I don't know if banning Chinese and Russian components has a huge effect, as they can infiltrate third parties or just set up front companies elsewhere (as Israel did with the pagers) but our best military and tech minds certainly need to be thinking about this.

So what exactly is the definition of "connected vehicle"?,.. connected to the internet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT