ADVERTISEMENT

Biden approval rating.

Mar 11, 2020

Doesn't it seem kind of weird his approval rating has fallen this far this fast after an absolute record turnout at the polls? Has to be some serious buyers remorse on the left. The crazy part is, we have 3 more years of this guy and he is a shitty week from getting us into WW3.

Best since Lincoln some say.

Doesn't it seem kind of weird his approval rating has fallen this far this fast after an absolute record turnout at the polls? Has to be some serious buyers remorse on the left. The crazy part is, we have 3 more years of this guy and he is a shitty week from getting us into WW3.

Not really. . . you have to remember he was running against Donald Trump.

Doesn't it seem kind of weird his approval rating has fallen this far this fast after an absolute record turnout at the polls? Has to be some serious buyers remorse on the left.

I am not even a part of the left and I have ZERO buyers remorse. He is far better than the alternative. Period.

Count me in as someone else who doesn't find this odd at all.

Question 1: Choose Biden or Trump
Question 2: Do you approve of Biden

There is likely correlation between these two answers, but only a moran would conflate them.

I would and did choose Biden over Trump and would continue to do so. I also wouldn't say I approve of Biden.

Hope that helps.

Only 9 more months until we have the GOP taking over House/Senate--maybe with veto override--bringing the panacea of overspending and revenue cutting. Problems will be solved.

There is likely correlation between these two answers, but only a moran would conflate them.

I would and did choose Biden over Trump and would continue to do so. I also wouldn't say I approve of Biden.

Hope that helps.
If this is not an indictment on our political system, nothing is.

Hope that helps.
What a weak defense

If this is not an indictment on our political system, nothing is.

I think there are much better indictments. If anything it's just an indictment of people who have difficultly with reading comprehension.

Would I rather have Iowa's offense win against ISU's defense? Yes. Do I approve of Iowa's offense: NO.

They are different questions.

Yes, we know there are a lot of stupid people in this country.
It's not stupidity. People are spending a lot of money on stuff (gasoline, food, electricity) that they don't want to spend more money on and the GOP is feeding them populist pablum that they are the solution to inflationary pressures---just don't ask what our solutions are because we really are all for spending more money.

I think there are much better indictments. If anything it's just an indictment of people who have difficultly with reading comprehension.

Would I rather have Iowa's offense win against ISU's defense? Yes. Do I approve of Iowa's offense: NO.

When did you start smoking crack?

I believe there were a significant amount of Trump voters who could say the same thing.

We polished 2 turds and put them up for election. If our determining factor is which one sucks least, that's a problem.

I don't care if Iowa puts the Rams offense out there, BF is still a horrible OC.

I believe there were a significant amount of Trump voters who could say the same thing.

We polished 2 turds and put them up for election. If our determining factor is which one sucks least, that's a problem.

I don't care if Iowa puts the Rams offense out there, BF is still a horrible OC.

It sounds to me like you have an issue with each party's nomination system and who they ended up selecting. My post was merely to make an example of the difference between choosing between two things, and deciding whether if you approve of one of those things.

This concept baffled me throughout the Trump years. I understood why voters chose Trump over Clinton, I don't think you were around for those years, but those who were, certainly remember that Lone Clone didn't have a choice.

I got that. What I couldn't understand is that throughout Trump's presidency he maintained a high approval rating among Republicans, Trump would boast about it all the time. Clinton was no longer on the ballot, it wasn't "would you rather have Trump or Clinton?", it was "Do you approve of Trump?" - independent of Clinton.

Biden should be thankful for the HROT faithful for keeping his ratings as high as they are.

Like Haha hehe, "Trump was the worst ever"... but seriously this guy could make a run at worst president ever by people who think with their brain not just their emotions.
Are you basing your feelings on the inflation rate and gas prices? Because the infrastructure bill that was passed was sorely needed. I would say he's deftly traversing the war in Ukraine. The war crimes committed by Putin makes it very difficult to stay out of, but (sadly) we need to. No one in 50 years since the wall was built with Mexico has come up with a solution to the "border crisis" particularly because no one wants to consider actual legislation like seasonal work visas and more fluid movement of labor across the border and back.

He doesn't control the Fed if you want interest rates to rise even faster (they are rising pretty fast now). The eye of that needle is difficult to thread because of the risk of recession. However, QE was ended.

Are you basing your feelings on the inflation rate and gas prices? Because the infrastructure bill that was passed was sorely needed. I would say he's deftly traversing the war in Ukraine. The war crimes committed by Putin makes it very difficult to stay out of, but (sadly) we need to. No one in 50 years since the wall was built with Mexico has come up with a solution to the "border crisis" particularly because no one wants to consider actual legislation like seasonal work visas and more fluid movement of labor across the border and back.

He doesn't control the Fed if you want interest rates to rise even faster (they are rising pretty fast now). The eye of that needle is difficult to thread because of the risk of recession. However, QE was ended.
You realize the Fed is simply reacting to conditions, right? You also realize that federal government spending is ongoing and is completely different from QE~ right?

Like Haha hehe, "Trump was the worst ever"... but seriously this guy could make a run at worst president ever by people who think with their brain not just their emotions.
If not for trump, he certainly could. Your guy set the bar for lowness which hopefully will never be reached, although the right wing is putting out a lot of lowlife individuals.

What amazing is that Biden has the same approval numbers as a guy that was a total unhinged asshole, impeached twice, had a special counsel hounding him for 2 years, and had daily negative MSM press.

Biden doesn't have nearly the cult of personality. Maybe it isn't nearly as personally difficult for Biden voters to be critical of Biden even though they voted for him.

Look how bad our guy was but we still loved him!

It sounds to me like you have an issue with each party's nomination system and who they ended up selecting. My post was merely to make an example of the difference between choosing between two things, and deciding whether if you approve of one of those things.

This concept baffled me throughout the Trump years. I understood why voters chose Trump over Clinton, I don't think you were around for those years, but those who were, certainly remember that Lone Clone didn't have a choice.

I got that. What I couldn't understand is that throughout Trump's presidency he maintained a high approval rating among Republicans, Trump would boast about it all the time. Clinton was no longer on the ballot, it wasn't "would you rather have Trump or Clinton?", it was "Do you approve of Trump?" - independent of Clinton.
And here comes 2024...whose hate will propel their candidate to the white house? I really never thought hate for another candidate could be a powerful ally for the other's victory but that's exactly what happened in 2020.

Trump had a high approval rating amongst the party because he delivered, or at least appeared to have delivered.

2024 may be setting us up again for "would you rather have Trump or Biden" and and given all the negatives for each what may be the deciding factor is who's negatives are more fresh to rage against. Either way it's not setting up well for either side.

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
What amazing is that Biden has the same approval numbers as a guy that was a total unhinged asshole, impeached twice, had a special counsel hounding him for 2 years, and had daily negative MSM press.
Not really. People are paying more for things that they don't want to pay more for and are blaming the figure head.

You realize the Fed is simply reacting to conditions, right?
Sure. And nothing in my post suggested otherwise.

You also realize that federal government spending is ongoing and is completely different from QE~ right?
I do. That is why I used a period to separate the constructs of the paragraph I wrote. Again, nothing in my post suggested otherwise.

The 12 months following the midterms will be very interesting from a general political perspective.

Does the party leadership try and talk/demand that Biden not run again ?
If so who do they select?

has a party ever told a sitting President and VP they are no longer wanted?

The 12 months following the midterms will be very interesting from a general political perspective.

That that I can recall but I would if I was in charge of the DNC.

There is no way that Biden can run again. Zero chance.
His VP is not popular and frankly a horrible politician. That will be the uncomfortable part for the democrats. They will so badly want to run a female for POTUS but won’t want Harris to be the pick.

ADVERTISEMENT