ADVERTISEMENT

Biden approval rating.

And here comes 2024...whose hate will propel their candidate to the white house? I really never thought hate for another candidate could be a powerful ally for the other's victory but that's exactly what happened in 2020.

Trump had a high approval rating amongst the party because he delivered, or at least appeared to have delivered.

2024 may be setting us up again for "would you rather have Trump or Biden" and and given all the negatives for each what may be the deciding factor is who's negatives are more fresh to rage against. Either way it's not setting up well for either side.

Who the party nominates should be largely independent from the other party. Hate for Hillary, isn't what propelled Trump above a crowded 2016 Republican field. Hate for both Biden or Sanders shouldn't have been what propelled the Republicans to nominate Trump again in 2020.

Maybe the Republicans will nominate someone that you want to vote for in 2024, that's the idea of the nomination process.

2024 may be setting us up again for "would you rather have Trump or Biden" and and given all the negatives for each what may be the deciding factor is who's negatives are more fresh to rage against. Either way it's not setting up well for either side.
Best outcome would be Biden opting out of reelection and Dems putting forward a moderate centrist (preferably not senile) to thoroughly destroy Trump.

It won't happen, but one can wish. I'll vote Libertarian, again, because everyone else sucks balls.

You'd never know that reading HROT.

Speaking for myself, rarely am I interested in joining the long list of humorless and seemingly brain dead right wingers posting about the latest Biden gaffe. I'm not going to try to play defense, but I'm rarely going to jerk away.

Just as many Republican posters were keenly aware of Trump's issues, wouldn't want to defend him, but that doesn't mean they want to circle jerk with the dirty libs.

Are you basing your feelings on the inflation rate and gas prices? Because the infrastructure bill that was passed was sorely needed. I would say he's deftly traversing the war in Ukraine. The war crimes committed by Putin makes it very difficult to stay out of, but (sadly) we need to. No one in 50 years since the wall was built with Mexico has come up with a solution to the "border crisis" particularly because no one wants to consider actual legislation like seasonal work visas and more fluid movement of labor across the border and back.

He doesn't control the Fed if you want interest rates to rise even faster (they are rising pretty fast now). The eye of that needle is difficult to thread because of the risk of recession. However, QE was ended.
It should be noted that the only way in hell I think Biden gets even close to "worst of all time" is if he gets us into a foot solider WW3.

With that, I think when you look at his handling of the withdrawal from Afghanistan, giving China 1.2 trillion dollars for test to see if we have a virus that originated in China, immigration at historic highs, I also think he blows the deficit out of the water by 2024, and introduction into WW3 he very well could be on the short list. I understand many of the things I have stated are what could happen and in the event they do not he will be considered ho hum. I do have another fear that I think might tank him also. At somepoint the people that were promised a b7mch of free shit are going to have to be told no. If that happens under Biden we could see really bad civil unrest. I think there is a contingent of Dems who want the next president to be a republican simply so they have to be the bad guy.

It should be noted that the only way in hell I think Biden gets even close to "worst of all time" is if he gets us into a foot solider WW3.

With that, I think when you look at his handling of the withdrawal from Afghanistan, giving China 1.2 trillion dollars for test to see if we have a virus that originated in China, immigration at historic highs, I also think he blows the deficit out of the water by 2024, and introduction into WW3 he very well could be on the short list. I understand many of the things I have stated are what could happen and in the event they do not he will be considered ho hum. I do have another fear that I think might tank him also. At somepoint the people that were promised a b7mch of free shit are going to have to be told no. If that happens under Biden we could see really bad civil unrest. I think there is a contingent of Dems who want the next president to be a republican simply so they have to be the bad guy.
1.3 billion not 1.2 trillion. I assume you are joking. I didn’t like the purchase either but this what happens when our medical supply chains are dependent on other countries. I hope all politicians start viewing this as an issue of national security.

It's not stupidity. People are spending a lot of money on stuff (gasoline, food, electricity) that they don't want to spend more money on and the GOP is feeding them populist pablum that they are the solution to inflationary pressures---just don't ask what our solutions are because we really are all for spending more money.
Yes, the GOP is going to fix this by raising taxes and interest rates to pull money out of the economy and lower inflation.

You are still stuck on buying testing kits from a California corporation with a Chinese parent company....strange. Are you suggesting he should not have w/d from Afghanistan. At the beginning of 2020 there was a force of 3,000 in country and a signed agreement to leave in three months. The Taliban was beginning to take over territories and when Biden extended the deadline the violence started again. For reasons still unknown, the Trump administration did not undertake an preparation for evacuating Afghanistan--other than reducing the troop force. If you are suggesting Biden should have torn up the deal, that would have be contrary to the overriding public majority opinion that it was time to leave Afghanistan and would have involved military engagements with the Taliban including more terroristic bombing like the one that killed those poor soldiers. You very well may be a GOP war hawk and believe that more war was the right move...but i would have to disagree.

Again, I think he has handled Ukraine extremely well and there is no evidence that he is going to engage in WW3. That may change. But you can't use an imaginary war as evidence that Biden has been a shitty president.

Historic immigration would be good for the country in terms of the economy. But I'm not a nationalist. Nevertheless, there does not seem to be much of a suggestion from the GOP regarding how to stop people from wanting to come to America to improve their life. As I said, seasonal work visas and more fluid movement over the border--the way it was before the wall was built in the 1970s--is an idea that no one wants to look at for some reason.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I am not even a part of the left and I have ZERO buyers remorse. He is far better than the alternative. Period.
Well you would be wrong . Trump maintained a border. Trump no funk ups like Afghanistan. Trump d
Not really. . . you have to remember he was running against Donald Trump
Trump did not have run away inflation. He did not get a war started. He had no screw ups like Afghanistan. He maintained our border. Trump was way better than biden.

In all honesty, what’s the alternative?
I was being sarcastic. They will of course cut corporate taxes, attempt trickle down despite it not working at all, and screw the middle class. The only thing that was actually good during the 2018 corporate tax cuts that I saw came from Delta airlines. Instead of doing stock buybacks, they gave a significant portion of their 2018 corporate tax breaks to the employees as a huge bonus.

The reality is to stop inflation we need to raise taxes, pay down debt, increase interest rates, and cut government spending. Some of those are republican ideals, but most are things they say but don't do.

You are still stuck on buying testing kits from a California corporation with a Chinese parent company....strange.
If memory serves it was a new York company and yea... 1.2 trillion dollars to our biggest ****ing enemy. Seems a bit ****ed.

Are you suggesting he should not have w/d from Afghanistan. At the beginning of 2020 there was a force of 3,000 in country and a signed agreement to leave in three months. The Taliban was beginning to take over territories and when Biden extended the deadline the violence started again. For reasons still unknown, the Trump administration did not undertake an preparation for evacuating Afghanistan--other than reducing the troop force. If you are suggesting Biden should have torn up the deal, that would have be contrary to the overriding public majority opinion that it was time to leave Afghanistan and would have involved military engagements with the Taliban including more terroristic bombing like the one that killed those poor soldiers. You very well may be a GOP war hawk and believe that more war was the right move...but i would have to disagree.
We needed out of Afghanistan. How we left was the issue. Biden had every ability to stop any and all conversations and say how the withdrawal was going to work on his terms. The world doesn't give a stuck if you renegotiate with a terriost.

Again, I think he has handled Ukraine extremely well and there is no evidence that he is going to engage in WW3. That may change. But you can't use an imaginary war as evidence that Biden has been a shitty president.
Like I said in my caveat that's a big if.

Historic immigration would be good for the country in terms of the economy.
I'll push back with this and say there is a fine line. I get that they do alot of work others won't, often for money others would accept, but there is a point when the number game doesn't work and there only has to be a few of them per 100 to bust the system. Plus, they send a shit ton of money back to Central America and it never really goes through our economy.

But I'm not a nationalist. Nevertheless, there does not seem to be much of a suggestion from the GOP regarding how to stop people from wanting to come to America to improve their life. As I said, seasonal work visas and more fluid movement over the border--the way it was before the wall was built in the 1970s--is an idea that no one wants to look at for some reason.
You have to send them home. How the hell would you round them up to send them home would be the hard part.

Trump was a lying asshole that I voted for twice. I think he'd still be president if he could just treat people that disagreed with him decently. He did some good things in my opinion. He secured the border, made advancements in middle east treaties, cheaper insulin, stood up to China. He also made many mistakes.

Democrats have to act like they like Biden but the truth was the DNC was so afraid of Bernie that they pulled Klobuchar and Mayor Pete the day before Super Tuesday and left Warren in to take votes away from Bernie. Up until that point no one had any interest in Biden or Harris.

It's sad the last two elections probably 50 percent of voters including myself had to vote for a candidate because they disliked them less than the other candidate. The other 50 percent would vote for a mass murdere if they their preferred D or R after their name. This board is proof of that.

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic. They will of course cut corporate taxes, attempt trickle down despite it not working at all, and screw the middle class. The only thing that was actually good during the 2018 corporate tax cuts that I saw came from Delta airlines. Instead of doing stock buybacks, they gave a significant portion of their 2018 corporate tax breaks to the employees as a huge bonus.

The reality is to stop inflation we need to raise taxes, pay down debt, increase interest rates, and cut government spending. Some of those are republican ideals, but most are things they say but don't do.

I would love a true fiscal conservative candidate.

Reactions: red/green hawk
If memory serves it was a new York company and yea... 1.2 trillion dollars to our biggest ****ing enemy. Seems a bit ****ed.

We needed out of Afghanistan. How we left was the issue. Biden had every ability to stop any and all conversations and say how the withdrawal was going to work on his terms. The world doesn't give a stuck if you renegotiate with a terriost.

Like I said in my caveat that's a big if.

I'll push back with this and say there is a fine line. I get that they do alot of work others won't, often for money others would accept, but there is a point when the number game doesn't work and there only has to be a few of them per 100 to bust the system. Plus, they send a shit ton of money back to Central America and it never really goes through our economy.

You have to send them home. How the hell would you round them up to send them home would be the hard part.
Whiskey. It was 1.3 billion.

You are more likely to find these among the ranks of Democrats than you are Republicans these days. Wait, no you aren't.

If you said fiscally responsible that would be true, but fiscal conservative doesn't mean what it used to.
I honestly wish I would have paid more attention to Yang. I dismissed him due to UBI but the dude approached things from a math perspective and that may have actually been our best option.

What amazing is that Biden has the same approval numbers as a guy that was a total unhinged asshole, impeached twice, had a special counsel hounding him for 2 years, and had daily negative MSM press.
I'll vote for most anybody that isn't a Career Criminal, I mean Career Politician...........the majority of these people are worthless.

Biden has done nothing on the legalization of marijuana front. So he gets a disapproval rating from me.

Is that buyer's remorse? Nah, you'd have to be either an authoritative, affluent (or self-perceived as affluent) sociopath worried about being taxed a little too much OR an uneducated redneck brainwashed by said sociopath to vote GOP at this point.

Last edited:
Who the party nominates should be largely independent from the other party. Hate for Hillary, isn't what propelled Trump above a crowded 2016 Republican field. Hate for both Biden or Sanders shouldn't have been what propelled the Republicans to nominate Trump again in 2020.

Maybe the Republicans will nominate someone that you want to vote for in 2024, that's the idea of the nomination process.
I never said hate propelled Trump, that was Carolina. I agree with your assessment why Trump won in 2016. I'm saying it was the driving factor in 2020 of why Biden won and it will be again in 2024 IMO, especially if it's Biden v. Trump 2.0. It will be 2 nominees that will have more voters voting against the other guy than for the actual candidate. This has been my contention this entire dialogue. I don't believe this is the picture of healthy politics.

A vote for Biden was a vote against Trump. That is evident given his low approval and your assertion of your disaproval. Anyone who isn't a complete hack can see that. There is no defending Biden's admin other than, "still better than the last" and that's fine but that in that in itself is an admission.

Unfortunately my state is almost dead last in the primary season so unless the guy I'd like to see get in gets in I'll probably be voting against...

I honestly wish I would have paid more attention to Yang. I dismissed him due to UBI but the dude approached things from a math perspective and that may have actually been our best option.
I think Yang was just a couple decades too early. I can see a world where UBI becomes necessary, however population studies currently have the world population peaking around 2050 and then starting to decline so who knows.

I never said hate propelled Trump, that was Carolina. I agree with your assessment why Trump won in 2016. I'm saying it was the driving factor in 2020 of why Biden won and it will be again in 2024 IMO, especially if it's Biden v. Trump 2.0. It will be 2 nominees that will have more voters voting against the other guy than for the actual candidate. This has been my contention this entire dialogue. I don't believe this is the picture of healthy politics.

A vote for Biden was a vote against Trump. That is evident given his low approval and your assertion of your disaproval. Anyone who isn't a complete hack can see that. There is no defending Biden's admin other than, "still better than the last" and that's fine but that in that in itself is an admission.

Unfortunately my state is almost dead last in the primary season so unless the guy I'd like to see get in gets in I'll probably be voting against...
If we get Biden vs Trump 2.0 there needs be a total overhaul of our political parties. Being represented by a geriatric who is more focused on lowering his handicap than being a president or a geriatric who is actually handicapped isn't an option moving forward.

I am not a Biden supporter and overall think he has done a bad job. Things noted above by others and his Covid vaccine mandate.

With that said, I think his approach to Russia and Ukraine has been very good.

There is no way that Biden can run again. Zero chance.
His VP is not popular and frankly a horrible politician. That will be the uncomfortable part for the democrats. They will so badly want to run a female for POTUS but won’t want Harris to be the pick.
Maybe they will roll out the old hag Hillary again.

Trump was a lying asshole that I voted for twice. I think he'd still be president if he could just treat people that disagreed with him decently. He did some good things in my opinion. He secured the border, made advancements in middle east treaties, cheaper insulin, stood up to China. He also made many mistakes.

Democrats have to act like they like Biden but the truth was the DNC was so afraid of Bernie that they pulled Klobuchar and Mayor Pete the day before Super Tuesday and left Warren in to take votes away from Bernie. Up until that point no one had any interest in Biden or Harris.

It's sad the last two elections probably 50 percent of voters including myself had to vote for a candidate because they disliked them less than the other candidate. The other 50 percent would vote for a mass murdere if they their preferred D or R after their name. This board is proof of that.
I agree with all of this. Except I did not vote for Trump. I did not vote for President in 2016 and voted for Biden in 2020. Not because I liked him…l didn’t and still don’t (he has done a poor job so far), but because I did not want to sit the presidential vote out for a second time. None of the 3rd party candidates motivated me.

Given the chance to do it over again, I would have not voted for President in 2020.

Trump and Biden were (and would be again), horrible, horrible candidates. I hope we have 2 new faces in 2024.

Reactions: SiouxCityHawkFan
Simple solution to all of this....

You vote for that mean murderer Killary and her emails and Benghazi and blah blah blah......
Good thinking getting out early on the WPOTY vote. Chris has drank himself to the point of only being able to copy paste these days and Biden is doing so poorly there may not be a straight party line vote. 4d shit.

Who is focusing on them? This thread was started by you. You guys keep using words like “fear” and “pose a threat” and “danger”. Those are strawmen.

Sorry. When someone has been a female for a year and wins the NCAA women’s championships after being a terrible male competitor, you think that’s something that should just get overlooked?

Doesn't it seem kind of weird his approval rating has fallen this far this fast after an absolute record turnout at the polls? Has to be some serious buyers remorse on the left. The crazy part is, we have 3 more years of this guy and he is a shitty week from getting us into WW3.

Best since Lincoln some say.
Over Trump!?! Not at ALL!

He wasn’t my choice, but MILES better than Trump. The only ones who think different are complete morons.

Well you would be wrong . Trump maintained a border. Trump no funk ups like Afghanistan. Trump d
Trump did not have run away inflation. He did not get a war started. He had no screw ups like Afghanistan. He maintained our border. Trump was way better than biden.
LOL. Reading this makes it easy to see why you voted for trump, even though he's corrupt and treasonous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT