ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Campaign Called Lid At 9am Today

I'm sorry you would have less income to drive cars in circles. Should have worked harder.
I expect a market downturn regardless of who is elected. It’s pretty common after every election.

If Biden gets elected...first thing to happen retirement accounts TANK. And don't give me that greater good BS.

Only if the Trumpers panic sell. Even if it does tank (or some might say come back to reality), it will bounce back relatively quick. It would only really hurt the boomers looking to retire in the next 6-12 months.

If Biden gets elected...first thing to happen retirement accounts TANK. And don't give me that greater good BS.
I think we're going to see a pullback in the markets regardless of who wins. I think this late surge is a final attempt to garner support for Trump because the movers and shakers in this country have a firm grasp on the disaster looming if Biden gets into office.

Only if the Trumpers panic sell. Even if it does tank (or some might say come back to reality), it will bounce back relatively quick. It would only really hurt the boomers looking to retire in the next 6-12 months.
Already retired....and it would hurt I am sure. Meanwhile doing great with Trump as POTUS. That is the why he will be POTUS again.

Already retired....and it would hurt I am sure. Meanwhile doing great with Trump as POTUS. That is the why he will be POTUS again.

tenor.gif

The market has consistently made money over the long run. Yet every time a Dem gets there the prediction is that the markets are going to crash. And yet they don't.

Only 3 presidents have ever left office with a lower S&P 500 than when they started.

They were

Hoover, Nixon, and HW Bush . . . ALL REPUBLICANS

The market has consistently made money over the long run. Yet every time a Dem gets there the prediction is that the markets are going to crash. And yet they don't.

Only 3 presidents have ever left office with a lower S&P 500 than when they started.

They were

And to be even clearer, none of them really had much influence on the specific events that led to the crashes. All of them were inattentive to the warning signs and did not enact policies quickly enough to shorten the durations. Dubya actually had three events - the dotcom bubble, 9/11, and the house flipping crash.

They were

I've posted other sources, but here's a new one from Forbes. As far as market performance as related to the President's party affiliation is concerned, the Democrats have dominated.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergei...eturns-under-every-us-president/#35848e5cfaaf

I personally don't believe the correlation is all that high, it's more a function of the standard business and economic cycles of capitalism. Anyone who asserts otherwise is misinformed, ignorant or just politically biased IMO.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye

They were

I'm always amazed at how posters like speedway go silent after their positions are soundly refuted by facts.

Okay. I'm really not surprised at all.

Trump is claiming he never had mini strokes, but it's Biden's health you're worried about?
Actually, neither seem real competent for the highest job in the land. However, I was assured ole' Joe had better handlers than Trump. So really, I'd like to see his handlers debate Trump. I'd tune in to that.

Last edited:
It’s actually wise to throw in ’off-days’ during a campaign, especially when a pandemic is around. It certainly doesn’t mean he’s doing nothing. Prepping, research, phone calls, etc.
Frankly, I’ve never understood the need for nonstop campaigning.

Is "calling a lid" basically Joe telling his team that he's done with campaigning activities for the day? If so, what's the big deal? i don't particularly care for biden but who gives a shit about his schedule? I mean if campbell doesn't show up for isu practices week of the iowa game, why should i care?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT