ADVERTISEMENT

Biden continues historic diversity with 200th judge confirmed by the Senate.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Almost 2/3 off Biden’s judges are women, and almost 2/3 are people of color. He also continues to select people from a wide range of legal backgrounds.

Almost 2/3 off Biden’s judges are women, and almost 2/3 are people of color. He also continues to select people from a wide range of legal backgrounds.
Unfortunately 22% of the Supreme Court is a domestic terrorist organization.

"2/3 off Biden’s judges are women, and almost 2/3 are people of color."

So not a reflection of America.

Funny the Huffpo article doesn't talk about why they are qualified, only that they are "women" and "people of color".

Good times!
yeah...i was really expecting huffpo to provide a detailed analysis of the qualifications of 200+ federal judiciary appointments

that's definitely something a smart, reasonable person would expect to come from huffpo

Reactions: nelly02
yeah...i was really expecting huffpo to provide a detailed analysis of the qualifications of 200+ federal judiciary appointments

that's definitely something a smart, reasonable person would expect to come from huffpo
Pretty safe to assume they're all qualified since right wing media isn't pumping out article after article how they aren't.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

You are truly to dumb to insult:

"Ultimately, though, the president’s goal has been to appoint “a lot of judges who were not white males,” Wheeler said. “He’s exceeded that.”"

You are truly to dumb to insult:

"Ultimately, though, the president’s goal has been to appoint “a lot of judges who were not white males,” Wheeler said. “He’s exceeded that.”"
yes...a think tank guy said that. not sure what the point is (although i do appreciate you mis-using "to" when calling me dumb...that was a nice touch)

focusing appointments on diverse (demographically or in terms of legal background, both are referenced in the article) candidates is, in my opinion, an appropriate approach with the ultimate goal of having a slate of federal judges that, when judged as a whole, reflects the diversity of america. to me that's a good thing, others disagree.

but to expect a huffpo article to do anything other than provide the most shallow, barely skimming the surface "analysis" of a subject is just not understanding what huffpo is and what they're trying to do.

Reactions: nelly02
yes...a think tank guy said that. not sure what the point is (although i do appreciate you mis-using "to" when calling me dumb...that was a nice touch)

focusing appointments on diverse (demographically or in terms of legal background, both are referenced in the article) candidates is, in my opinion, an appropriate approach with the ultimate goal of having a slate of federal judges that, when judged as a whole, reflects the diversity of america. to me that's a good thing, others disagree.

but to expect a huffpo article to do anything other than provide the most shallow, barely skimming the surface "analysis" of a subject is just not understanding what huffpo is and what they're trying to do.
What do you think the demographics of America are? What should actual representation look like?

I'm sure Joe sat down with all 200 of them and vetted them individually.
Don McGahn picked Trump's judges for him. Trump's only input was looking at a 8x11 picture of them. If he liked their looks, he signed off on them. Which is probably why the vast majority of Trump's picks were white men.
It's nice that Biden is picking a diverse set of judges, not just in gender and race, but in legal expertise. We had enough guys who all went to the same schools and pushed around papers at the same think thanks to burnish their Federalist Society credentials.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Don't be ridiculous. Just hire the best people. Don't block out candidates from the start just because they're not a certain gender or not a certain race.
Do you think Trump picked only the best? Overwhelmingly he picked white men. Are you saying white men are inherently better candidates?

Don McGahn picked Trump's judges for him. Trump's only input was looking at a 8x11 picture of them. If he liked their looks, he signed off on them. Which is probably why the vast majority of Trump's picks were white men.
It's nice that Biden is picking a diverse set of judges, not just in gender and race, but in legal expertise. We had enough guys who all went to the same schools and pushed around papers at the same think thanks to burnish their Federalist Society credentials.
I didn't say anything about Trump's picks or Obama's picks, or make any suggestions... I just made a point that he personally couldn't likely pick one of these judges out of a line up.

I prefer we hire the best people regardless of gender or skin color.
And your assumption is that these people are not qualified unless proven otherwise...but Trump's picks were eminently qualified as soon as he named them. Otherwise, you would have expressed the same view of his nominees.

Did you ask that of Justin Walker? Leonard Steven Grasz? In his first two years, Trump nominated more "not qualified" judges than Clinton, Bush, and Obama combined over each of their first two years. Where were you then?

Reactions: poophawk
Do you think Trump picked only the best? Overwhelmingly he picked white men. Are you saying white men are inherently better candidates?
Same for Trump... I doubt he personally vetted any of the judges he signed off on. Someone else did the leg work, they put paper in front of him and he signed it.

Trump got a stack of conservative leaning candidates and he signed. Joe got a stack of diverse candidates (probably all left leaning in their rulings) and he signed them.

Probably just the easiest choice,.. When looking among the most qualified candidates, white males are normally well represented..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT