ADVERTISEMENT

Biden could declare climate emergency as soon as this week, sources say

Are you seriously white knighting gym teachers?
All I'm saying is that some don't deserve the criticism that they aren't intelligent, don't care about education, don't keep up with what's going on, etc.

There are certainly the teachers that are in it for the checks and to coach but I promise it isn't all.

All I'm saying is that some don't deserve the criticism that they aren't intelligent, don't care about education, don't keep up with what's going on, etc.

There are certainly the teachers that are in it for the checks and to coach but I promise it isn't all.
And others are Covid Nazis but sneak their family to new Orleans for a vacation because they know more than the unwashed masses.

Wow, the number of irresponsible, immoral imbeciles posting in this thread is deplorable, and the reason that our planet and future generations are doomed. I can't imagine how anyone could possibly rationalize bringing children into the world these days knowing the horrors they will face in the future.

Wow, the number of irresponsible, immoral imbeciles posting in this thread is deplorable, and the reason that our planet and future generations are doomed. I can't imagine how anyone could possibly rationalize bringing children into the world these days knowing the horrors they will face in the future.
Come now, my friend!

While I'm not a particular fan of the end-of-spectrum wing nuts on either side of this issue, one does have to be at least a little self aware of recency bias in situations such as this. Moreover, children do bring some very high upsides with them.

Electric cars are taking over. They will be better than gas.

So that leaves us with nuclear power. Let me know when the democrats push for that openly to the masses. Then you can say one side truly is doing something positive.

the rest of this crap is like having a bake sale to fund a new school building. Might make you feel good but does jack squat.

So, you don’t think we are facing an emergency.
What we already have is dying before your eyes. It does not compute.
No weather pattern today resembles one 50 years ago. Or 30 years ago. I figured you as one with native roots in North Florida. No?
Next up, the Gulf Stream will be interrupted. Just wait for the consequences.

You wanna continue oil? Nothing about oil for transportation is gonna work going forward.
Gonna need wider highways for planes to drive on.

Sounds like Chicken Little. Color me a non believer. I believe this is a leftist scheme to control the people and direct resources to dem donors.

Remember global warming? It wasn't convincing enough people so now we have climate change. For all possible weather events. Too wet, climate change, too dry climate change, too hot climate change, too cold? Get it.
Another tax to spend for free stuff to buy more votes to stay in power.

Call me when costal elitists Democrats in the Hamptons, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Malibu and San Francisco start selling their oceanfront properties because of climate.
Don't forget obama's new beach front mansion in Hawaii. Robin Master's estate II.

Reactions: SA_Hawk
So, you don’t think we are facing an emergency.
What we already have is dying before your eyes. It does not compute.
No weather pattern today resembles one 50 years ago. Or 30 years ago. I figured you as one with native roots in North Florida. No?
Next up, the Gulf Stream will be interrupted. Just wait for the consequences.

You wanna continue oil? Nothing about oil for transportation is gonna work going forward.
Was your great great grandpa rage'n back in 1899 and 1931?

1931 – Well there is no denying that summer is here in Florida! The highest recorded temperature in Florida was recorded at Monticello in Jefferson County on this date. The humid subtropical climate of the small town reached a peak of 109 °F / 43 °C. Warm weather is generally accepted by most Floridians as par for the course, but extremely cold temperatures are much less frequent. On February 18, 1899, not far from Monticello in Tallahassee, a record low of -2° F / -19 °C was reached.

I'll follow the "climate science" when the political party that is pushing it isn't the same one that tries to convince the world that men can have babies and full term babies are just a glump of cells.
This isn't about a political party. It doesn't matter which politician is in power. The next president and administration will face the same problem. Politics aside it doesn't take a genius to see that the natural world is collapsing around us.....

1. If China isn't on board nothing we do is going to matter.

2. I think you are vastly underestimating humans ability to adapt.

3. Are we stopping all human progress in the areas of industry, technology, agriculture, medicine and innovation in the name of climate? If we stop all of this because of climate the amount of human suffering especially in poor countries will be worse than any war, pandemic or climate crisis.
China is quickly discovering the effects of climate change. They will get onboard and sooner rather than later. The south has been hit by historic flooding and the north is baking under an unprecedented heatwave.
They will be forced at some point to make some tough choices, as will the rest of the industrialized world.

The third world is the very portion of humanity that are being affected the most by climate change. They basically do none of the emissions but they are receiving the consequences...so how can it get much worse for them.

Humans may adapt as you say, but the infrastructure that is coming apart is a big issue. Power grids are not built to withstand this kind of intense heat for long periods. This continues and you will start to see rolling blackouts. Better invest in a generator if you live in these areas. Roads and runways are actually buckling under the heat. Officials in the UK say TENS of THOUSANDS will likely die in those heatwaves. Europe is not built for the kind of heat they are seeing.

It continues to baffle me how ignorant people are when it comes to this issue......

China is quickly discovering the effects of climate change. They will get onboard and sooner rather than later. The south has been hit by historic flooding and the north is baking under an unprecedented heatwave.
They will be forced at some point to make some tough choices, as will the rest of the industrialized world.

The third world is the very portion of humanity that are being affected the most by climate change. They basically do none of the emissions but they are receiving the consequences...so how can it get much worse for them.

Humans may adapt as you say, but the infrastructure that is coming apart is a big issue. Power grids are not built to withstand this kind of intense heat for long periods. This continues and you will start to see rolling blackouts. Better invest in a generator if you live in these areas. Roads and runways are actually buckling under the heat. Officials in the UK say TENS of THOUSANDS will likely die in those heatwaves. Europe is not built for the kind of heat they are seeing.

It continues to baffle me how ignorant people are when it comes to this issue......
China will never get onboard unless the agreement somehow harms the United States.

Even if China does sign on to something they wont follow it and the rest of the world won't enforce it.

So, what's the solution? Go "green" you say. Green infrastructure isn't sufficient at this time. Rolling blackouts you fear? Lol. Imagine the rolling blackouts when they transition away from oil and gas without a legitimate back up plan. Hope you also enjoy freezing to death in the winter and food shortages that are sure to follow..

This isn't about a political party. It doesn't matter which politician is in power. The next president and administration will face the same problem. Politics aside it doesn't take a genius to see that the natural world is collapsing around us.....
I'll take my chances. ;)

So, what's the solution? Go "green" you say. Green infrastructure isn't sufficient at this time. Rolling blackouts you fear? Lol. Imagine the rolling blackouts when they transition away from oil and gas without a legitimate back up plan. Hope you also enjoy freezing to death in the winter and food shortages that are sure to follow..
No one is suggesting this. Wind, solar, nuclear and other technologies must be put into place to allow the discontinuation of coal, gasoline and diesel and natural gas. It will cost money, but it must be done or you can kiss life on earth goodbye.

Im not saying you have to go all green. But you sure better be developing better options. Nuclear has to be on the table. That is doable and alot cleaner than the fossil fuels. Natural Gas is cleaner burning than oil or coal for heating. You and I both know the real solution;)
Oh and if this heatwave continues people down south better invest in generators. Rolling blackouts wont be happening in the future...it will be sooner if the current power grid can't hold up. It wasnt designed to be strained this much to deal with this kind of heat without let up.

Reactions: cigaretteman
No one is suggesting this. Wind, solar, nuclear and other technologies must be put into place to allow the discontinuation of coal, gasoline and diesel and natural gas. It will cost money, but it must be done or you can kiss life on earth goodbye.
No doubt it must be done, but nuclear is the only option you mention that doesn't require energy storage, and that capacity is years down the road. Today's issue is understanding the transition takes time, and fossil fuels need to remain an energy source while the transition happens. The current strategy of undermining fossil fuel production to force a faster transition will destroy the country, and is counterproductive.

You don't think people notice that they are being told to expect rolling blackouts while also being told to buy electric cars?

I assume you are emptying out your bank accounts as we speak to help go fight the sun.
Nah, but many decisions we make in our lifestyle reflect our concern for our kids future.
Baby steps help, if lots of people take them.

Was your great great grandpa rage'n back in 1899 and 1931?

1931 – Well there is no denying that summer is here in Florida! The highest recorded temperature in Florida was recorded at Monticello in Jefferson County on this date. The humid subtropical climate of the small town reached a peak of 109 °F / 43 °C. Warm weather is generally accepted by most Floridians as par for the course, but extremely cold temperatures are much less frequent. On February 18, 1899, not far from Monticello in Tallahassee, a record low of -2° F / -19 °C was reached.
You are posting historical data from near where I grew up. Do you think the numbers you posted are typical there, or maybe historical extremes?
What is your point?

China will never get onboard unless the agreement somehow harms the United States.

Even if China does sign on to something they wont follow it and the rest of the world won't enforce it.
China is selling and producing more EVs than any other country. They are paying attention.
You aren’t current on the changes happening as we type.

China is selling and producing more EVs than any other country. They are paying attention.
You aren’t current on the changes happening as we type.
They also own most of the lithium production. Weird. Ever see a lithium mine?

Yay more power to the federal govt.

Let me guess the government is gonna throw a whole bunch of money at an issue without paying for it and in the end the middle class gets screwed and your kids get more national debt to pay off. Meanwhile Biden and Pelosi will champion the new campaign all while owning 25,000 sq ft of houses and flying on private jets weekly.

O/U on times you hear the phrase existential threat?
I read a couple weeks ago that the EU declared nuclear as green. Maybe we should do the same.
Zero chance nuclear gets massive United States clearance because there are not enough coffers on the backend.

Reactions: KFSuperStar
This administration really is intentionally taking a backdoor to China. How many new coal firing facilities are going up again in Asia? Have to be the damn dumbest nation in the 21st century. All so a group of elites can feel warm & fuzzy.

You should go hide in the basement & un-plug your computer.

Whoa

ADVERTISEMENT