ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Gets Heated over Proposed Payments to Illegal Immigrants: Families ‘Deserve Some Kind of Compensation’

Totally on board with this and have been for years,... Most of the time, all we have to do is actually enforce the laws that are already on the books.

That is where we need to put our focus.

Don't think about punishment so much as retribution and think about it as a deterrent to future crimes. Who is more deterred by punishment. . . desperate people with no money and no prospects or wealthy people with money, land and a future???

You catch people at the border, fine turn them around and send them back. But we don't need to try to invent ways to extract some sort of retribution from them such as taking their children away. Instead scare the people who already have a future from gambling theirs just to save a few bucks in wages.

giphy-downsized.gif
You do know it's okay to have a strong stance on immigration AND be sympathetic to the plight of others. The concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
You do know it's okay to have a strong stance on immigration AND be sympathetic to the plight of others. The concepts aren't mutually exclusive.
Agreed, I just don't have much, if any, sympathy for illegal immigration. They are giving the middle finger to the US, it's laws, and immigration protocols the very second they break into the US. That I have no tolerance for. Nor do I have tolerance for anyone claiming "asylum" from Mexico.

Reactions: Finance85
How much of the cartel gaming the system as they see how we work.. is factored into this decision I wonder? It’s organized human trafficking the cartels are responsible for and the US citizens pay the money when things go wrong.

Just pay billions to border workers whose job it is physically return the illegal person back to their country of origin. Sure it would be a constant loop of similar people but as much $$ that gets wasted already, it would be a grain of sand. Buy a bunch of buses and keep them moving. Nothing violent, we can provide meals and a place to lay their head until their bus comes back around to send them back.

Another thing they can do is fund programs in their home countries where there is a department and staff of their own citizens where they can call for services or to report in real time the threatening behavior some claim to be leaving from.

Then before their bus comes to pick them up, we give them instructions on how to use the newly formed department in their home country and give them a pre paid cell phone to call that resource when they get back home.

Very humane, we cover all costs.

We need to do it right, though! The aliens in COLONY knew what the hell they were doing!

IMG_1880.jpg
Yep, why just dip your toe in the water. Go all in, problem solved.

In all seriousness, are other instances of people trying to leave poorer countries into more affluent countries? Or is this a truly unique situation?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT