ADVERTISEMENT

Biden is in a horrible situation going forward.

I do not really remember being "Owned," by anyone today. Usually such claims are just a case of others not knowing what they are talking about.
Really? Your number of rigs on 11/6/2020 was flatly wrong, therefore your math was wrong for both Trump and Biden. Your protest was dismissed as I was using the same source you claimed was authoritative. Are you ready to redo the math or at least admit you were incorrect?

US rig count per Baker Hughes

Last edited:
Reactions: noleclone2
I am curious what you think the effect of expelling Russian students would be over the long term. College educations are probably our most profitable export product ever. International Students pay list price for tuition and are charged unimaginable markups for tuition v. what others pay.

Additionally, they (hopefully) go home after they get their degrees and apply some of their U.S. centric knowledge in Russia ... and at some point, become pro-democracy activists.
I think when those Rich Russian kids get sent home to mommy and commie, there might be some additional pressure on their government. Kids are soft spot for every parent.

Really? Your number of rigs on 11/6/2020 was flatly wrong, therefore your math was wrong for both Trump and Biden. Your protest was dismissed as I was using the same source you claimed was authoritative. Are you ready to redo the math or at least admit you were incorrect?

US rig count per Baker Hughes
You are correct in "operating" rig count numbers. But the reason behind the operating rig count numbers being down was because of the price of oil being at $40 a barrel. Those rigs shut down because they are only going to drill generally if oil in above $60. Since Biden took office, he has not allowed new exploration in the rich oil fields that everyone wants to drill in. Therefore, it requires more rigs to drill less oil. Let's just accurate with truths on the topic.

You are correct in "operating" rig count numbers. But the reason behind the operating rig count numbers being down was because of the price of oil being at $40 a barrel. Those rigs shut down because they are only going to drill generally if oil in above $60. Since Biden took office, he has not allowed new exploration in the rich oil fields that everyone wants to drill in. Therefore, it requires more rigs to drill less oil. Let's just accurate with truths on the topic.
*sigh* I know I'm correct. And I know why I was correct. And oil companies can drill in any area where they have valid permits. At any time. And oil companies currently have a backlog of available permits AND they have functional capacity that's been shut down that they can bring back on line. And they will do both when it's economically reasonable for them to do so.

That idle capacity is profitable at far less then $60/bbl and that's what's coming back online now. POTUS - and it doesn't matter who it is - has very little to do with that unless you're suggesting that Biden NOT tap the strategic reserve so prices spike more quickly.

And - no offense - but the "everyone wants to drill" narrative is BS. Oil companies want to drill...but there are lots of people who don't. Especially in environmentally sensitive areas. Anyone who wants to help in the effort to make the US "energy independent" is fully capable of pitching in. Cut your use of energy. Support legislation that prioritizes conservation over consumption. Support a move to green energy. Simple.

Was this a ticker on Fox News? It keeps popping up as a meme today.

Remember when Joe Biden shutdown our Keystone XL pipeline on day one, then cheered and approved the Russian pipeline? I do.

*sigh* I know I'm correct. And I know why I was correct. And oil companies can drill in any area where they have valid permits. At any time. And oil companies currently have a backlog of available permits AND they have functional capacity that's been shut down that they can bring back on line. And they will do both when it's economically reasonable for them to do so.

That idle capacity is profitable at far less then $60/bbl and that's what's coming back online now. POTUS - and it doesn't matter who it is - has very little to do with that unless you're suggesting that Biden NOT tap the strategic reserve so prices spike more quickly.

And - no offense - but the "everyone wants to drill" narrative is BS. Oil companies want to drill...but there are lots of people who don't. Especially in environmentally sensitive areas. Anyone who wants to help in the effort to make the US "energy independent" is fully capable of pitching in. Cut your use of energy. Support legislation that prioritizes conservation over consumption. Support a move to green energy. Simple.
Question for you...... Respectfully, does it make any sense to cut oil production due to environmental issues in the USA and then buy oil from our enemies who create just as much environmental issues with their oil production? Out of sight.... out of mind?

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
I think you are correct but not for any of the reasons that caused you to post this. I know I completely underestimated the damage they were going to be forced to try to repair.
Repair? He created this damage and no one else. Americans are sick and tired of them blaming everyone but themselves!

• Haha
Reactions: hawkbirch
Question for you...... Respectfully, does it make any sense to cut oil production due to environmental issues in the USA and then buy oil from our enemies who create just as much environmental issues with their oil production? Out of sight.... out of mind?
Does it make sense? Probably not on a global scale. But the areas they pollute aren't full of Americans and that has to be part of the equation. NIMBY is a real thing. Regardless, as you noted, we didn't cut production due to environmental concerns. We cut becasue we can't produce as cheaply as other large producers. And many of those other countries are already drilling their sensitive areas...'cause they don't GAF. Drilling everywhere here sure doesn't help with that and the more sensitive the area here, the more it will cost to drill it. I hope you're not saying we should just throw out any protections for those areas.

What we should be looking at is a concerted effort around the world to drastically scale back on our use of ALL fossil fuels. And that effort should be led by the countries - Europe and primarily the US - that have put the most carbon into the atmosphere up to this point. Those "shoulds" and a dollar will get the proverbial cup of coffee.

Biden has a HUGE opportunity to come out of this very well. Won’t be easy, but I actually think he’s doing ok so far. Not perfect, but not bad either. Has to stay the course though and push Germany and Italy to really go for max sanctions against Russia.

I found it interesting he said yesterday that this thing might not go on for very long. He seemed to be saying it in a good way. I’m sure we’re employing all of our vast tools, short of military involvement, to battle Russia in this situation.

I think sometimes we underestimate how truly powerful the US can be when it wants to be. Once we get the ship turned in the right direction, we can be a steamroller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonerfarts
Idk, I believe the pro-Putin misinformation campaign has been going on for a long time. Look at the current situation. We have the American electorate torn over who to side with, Putin or Biden. This is his dream situation, and I believe its entirely his making.
I really don’t think this is the case at all. I would bet a scientific poll would show the American people to be extremely against Russia and Putin in this situation.

This is war. This is the security of Europe and the world at stake here. To hell with petty partisan politics when it comes to national security. It doesn’t mean we don’t vote for the candidates we support.

We can disagree and debate and argue, but we must close ranks in situations such as this. This is about good vs. evil.

I really don’t think this is the case at all. I would bet a scientific poll would show the American people to be extremely against Russia and Putin in this situation.

This is war. This is the security of Europe and the world at stake here. To hell with petty partisan politics when it comes to national security. It doesn’t mean we don’t vote for the candidates we support.

We can disagree and debate and argue, but we must close ranks in situations such as this. This is about good vs. evil.
Im actually a bit surprised by it. I live in an extremely conservative area where most people are in lockstep with fox news and Trump on absolutely everything. I was surprised to see a few people really change their tune in the last couple days.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
Im actually a bit surprised by it. I live in an extremely conservative area where most people are in lockstep with fox news and Trump on absolutely everything. I was surprised to see a few people really change their tune in the last couple days.
It will continue. It always amazes me that some conservative folks love Trump so much. He is NOT a conservative.

ADVERTISEMENT