ADVERTISEMENT

Biden May Drop Charges Against Assange, What Do You Think?

Do you approve of dropping Assange's prosecution? How might this affect your vote in November?

• This would make me less likely to vote for Biden.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland

Biden Says He Is Considering Dropping Prosecution of Julian Assange​

Apr 11, 2024

President Biden said Wednesday that he is considering a request from Australia to drop the prosecution of WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange. Today marks five years since Assange was locked up in London’s Belmarsh Prison facing extradition to the United States for publishing classified documents that exposed U.S. war crimes. Earlier today, Reporters Without Borders repeated its call for Assange to be immediately released.

Why announce you're considering this?,.. Testing the political waters, that's why.

Smart move by a man riddled with dementia...political 4D chess something-or-other.

200w.gif

Politically nervous move by the underlings in charge of daily operations,.. the old man riddled with dementia doesn't know what day it is.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
After 7 presidential elections in a row voting 3rd party, I voted for Biden in 2020. I espectr to vote for him again this year.

If he does this, it will make me feel better about that vote.

I wouldn't expect any cons to suddenly switch to Biden, but I imagine there could be a segment of discouraged Dems who will be pleased, and maybe a bit more energized.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
While I hope he will do this, I don't expect him to. Too many corporate Dems have demonized Assange - first and foremost among them: Hillary. I don't think Biden wants Hillary to attack him (assuming she hasn't already started).

After 7 presidential elections in a row voting 3rd party, I voted for Biden in 2020. I espectr to vote for him again this year.

If he does this, it will make me feel better about that vote.

I wouldn't expect any cons to suddenly switch to Biden, but I imagine there could be a segment of discouraged Dems who will be pleased, and maybe a bit more energized.
From what I understand, a number of cons would like to switch, but they are now left with no other choice. They don't want to do it, but whoever the R candidate is gets their vote no matter what. Something about a trans girl swimming or Hunter, one of the two.

Reactions: cigaretteman
From what I understand, a number of cons would like to switch, but they are now left with no other choice. They don't want to do it, but whoever the R candidate is gets their vote no matter what. Something about a trans girl swimming or Hunter, one of the two.
I just saw a video where some R was encouraging disaffected Rs to vote for RFK. The gist was if you deny Biden 270, then we still get Trump, but you don't have blood on your hands.

• Sad
Reactions: EasyHawk
While I hope he will do this, I don't expect him to. Too many corporate Dems have demonized Assange - first and foremost among them: Hillary. I don't think Biden wants Hillary to attack him (assuming she hasn't already started).

Hillary sux. She’s a big reason why we are in this mess. Maybe don’t put your thumb on the primary process, trying not to have a repeat of 2008, and maybe the 2016 general election goes differently in a few key states.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT