ADVERTISEMENT

Biden owns up to today's comments

Unlike Socipath Trump who in his mind is never wrong..

He’s not “owning up to” anything. He’s “clarifying”. He’s full out denying what he said. Of course we are dealing with people who have been making up a million different meanings for the word “defund” so I get why it’s OK that he just changes the meanings of the words he said earlier.

He point blank said, "Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

His “owning up to it” was him saying that what he really meant was that the black community is diverse. WTF?

His apology tweet should have said, “My bad. I know not to talk for longer than 45 seconds. Bad shit happens.”

He’s not “owning up to” anything. He’s “clarifying”. He’s full out denying what he said. Of course we are dealing with people who have been making up a million different meanings for the word “defund” so I get why it’s OK that he just changes the meanings of the words he said earlier.

He point blank said, "Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

His “owning up to it” was him saying that what he really meant was that the black community is diverse. WTF?

His apology tweet should have said, “My bad. I know not to talk for longer than 45 seconds. Bad shit happens.”
Neat

FFS - everyone has said things in a way that they didn't intend. Some, like Biden, will admit that and then clarify what they meant. Others, like Trump, will deny saying it or reiterate that they meant the shit they said in an effort to save face.

You guys are really stretching.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
It's light years over the Orange desecration.

Everything is. It doesn’t make it good or worthy of praise. No need to put the bar that low.

Why not wish for a candidate that doesn’t have a chance of losing to the worst person who ever lived? Instead of pretending that him falsely denying he said something racist is a sign of great leadership.

Any one else tired of The Republican Creed:

“That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.”

I’m glad Biden addresses it head on.

Reactions: RileyHawk
FFS - everyone has said things in a way that they didn't intend. Some, like Biden, will admit that and then clarify what they meant. Others, like Trump, will deny saying it or reiterate that they meant the shit they said in an effort to save face.

You guys are really stretching.

He said “Unlike the black community, Latinos are diverse.” Then when called out on it, he just completely erased the comment from your mind and said, “I meant that blacks are very diverse.”

And you consider that to be some sort of awesome leadership. Wtf? It’s horrible. There’s no getting around it.

Remember folks it's ok when Democrats do it. They were either hacked or didn't mean it do they apologize and all is forgiven.

If it's the GOP then hours of media outrage and calls for impeachment.

It had nothing to do with owning up, he had to correct his comments. He guy doesn’t know what he’s saying much of the time.
Let’s compare it to Trump. When has he ever “corrected his comments”? He doesn’t. He doubles down, even when the things he said are beyond idiotic.

Reactions: Brok85
Any one else tired of The Republican Creed:

“That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.”

I’m glad Biden addresses it head on.

Except he did the opposite of address it head on. He just denied what he said and hoped you’d overlook it. And you did.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I wonder who wrote that for Joe. He is gone. He has become a puppet and will say whatever his handlers tell him to say. They won't let him go off-script anymore.

Instead of pretending that him falsely denying he said something racist is a sign of great leadership.

I don’t think Biden meant to say what ended up coming out of his mouth. If he isn’t reading he doesn’t know what he’s saying half the time.

Let’s compare it to Trump. When has he ever “corrected his comments”? He doesn’t. He doubles down, even when the things he said are beyond idiotic.

Compare all you want, but the topic is Biden and what he said.

I love how this never comes from any Trump supporters when he tweets something idiotic.

But we all know why. It’s because they know Trump is an idiot.
Exactly. When Trump says or tweets something stupid, you know that he came up with it himself. What Biden just put out is 100% opposed to his earlier comments. He did not come up with that by himself. That's why I said he is a puppet.
Yes. He misspoke and then corrected it. Why is that a bad thing?
He did not misspeak. He meant to say exactly what he said. It was incredibly racist but he is so mentally gone he didn't know it was incredibly racist.

Exactly. When Trump says or tweets something stupid, you know that he came up with it himself. What Biden just put out is 100% opposed to his earlier comments.
So then I take it you have the same issue with Trump’s speeches. Whenever he gives a speech, it’s what is wrote down for him. Then he generally contradicts the speech on twitter afterwards.

You can keep trying to argue but it’s not going to work.

Exactly. When Trump says or tweets something stupid, you know that he came up with it himself. What Biden just put out is 100% opposed to his earlier comments. He did not come up with that by himself. That's why I said he is a puppet.

He did not misspeak. He meant to say exactly what he said. It was incredibly racist but he is so mentally gone he didn't know it was incredibly racist.
GTFO - it was a racially insensitive comment that he didn't mean to come off that way. So he readdressed it. You and others are so desperate to try to bring Biden down to Trump's level - it's a very, very long way down there.

Reactions: McLovin32
GTFO - it was a racially insensitive comment that he didn't mean to come off that way. So he readdressed it. You and others are so desperate to try to bring Biden down to Trump's level - it's a very, very long way down there.
They’re defending a man that was caught on tape admitting that he sexually assaults women. This is a losing battle for us.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Look, I believe Biden is going to win. But go back and watch YouTube videos of him back when he was VP or in the Senate. This is not the same guy.

So then I take it you have the same issue with Trump’s speeches. Whenever he gives a speech, it’s what is wrote down for him. Then he generally contradicts the speech on twitter afterwards.

You can keep trying to argue but it’s not going to work.
Trump is a buffoon. No sane speechwriter would write the words that vomit from his mouth. I dislike hypocrisy whenever I see it. You seem to think that by me criticizing Biden, I must be a Trump supporter. I'm not. But this is not about Donald Trump. This is about Joe Biden saying something racist then pretending that he didn't say it. His "clarification" did not address his earlier comments in any way, they just contradicted them. So which is it for Joe? Does the African American community, unlike the Latino community, lack diversity or has he witnessed diversity in thought, background, and sentiment within the African American community? Which time was he lying because the two statements he made cannot both be true.

ADVERTISEMENT