ADVERTISEMENT

Biden says he has cancer...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
President Biden said Wednesday that he has cancer — making either a gaffe or a stunningly casual health announcement — during a speech about global warming in Massachusetts.

Biden was describing the health effects of emissions from oil refineries near his childhood home in Claymont, Del.

“That’s why I and so damn many other people I grew up with have cancer and why for the longest time, Delaware had the highest cancer rate in the nation,” Biden said.

The president was speaking near a former coal power plant that’s being converted to support offshore wind farms.

Biden, 79, is the oldest-ever US president and his mental acuity is frequently a matter of public debate.

He says, however, that he intends to seek a second term in 2024 and his defenders note that he’s struggled for years with gaffes or inaccurate remarks.

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
What type of cancer? I mean skin cancer is pretty easy to treat from my understanding. Brain cancer a lot tougher.

Reactions: goldmom
Hopefully this is not true. It could be like when he said he traveled 17,000 miles with Xi Jinping or when he claimed he used to drive a tractor trailer.

Reactions: SIXERS24
What type of cancer? I mean skin cancer is pretty easy to treat from my understanding. Brain cancer a lot tougher.
Don’t know. Apparently the kind you get from oil refineries.

And skin cancer can be melanoma which can be deadly.

Regardless, hopefully it’s just a gaffe.

did-i-stutter-stutter.gif

The bigger gaffe is associating cancer with oil refineries. Oil is a natural product. Windmills on the other hand are man made.
There are toxic byproducts in the refining process, like benzene. That said, there are toxic byproducts associated with lithium mining and lithium battery production, as well as battery disposal.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
It so sad that this guy is president. But whats even more sad is the last 2 presidents we have had. Is it impossible to have someone normal be president?

He’s nearly 80……it’s not surprising
You are not kidding. As my long-time doctor told me, "oh, you will get prostate cancer if you live long enough. Almost every man will unless something else kills them first. And if you get it when you are in your 70's, something else will kill you before it will."

Not a fan of Joe, but I don't wish ill on anyone, if he didn't just "gaffe" or lie... thoughts and prayers for his recovery are in order.

I'm sure we'll get some clarification from the White House press secretary before the end of the day.

Biden could use this though - he's previously said his run in 2024 depends on his health.

The White House is saying he had non-melanoma skin cancer years ago. He probably accidentally used the present tense. Nobody knows why he linked skin cancer to oil refineries as his doctor indicated it was from sun exposure as a youth, no mention of the fossil fuel industry causing it.

Or graduated at the top of his class.
Or had a full academic scholarship.
Or was named outstanding student of his class.
Or earned three undergraduate degrees.
gaffes they probably haven't ever seen or heard...they don't play them on their "news" outlets

Reactions: SIXERS24
The White House is saying he had non-melanoma skin cancer years ago. He probably accidentally used the present tense. Nobody knows why he linked skin cancer to oil refineries as his doctor indicated it was from sun exposure as a youth, no mention of the fossil fuel industry causing it.
Good grief. Come on, Joe. Stop making crap up for effect.

ADVERTISEMENT