ADVERTISEMENT

Biden says he has cancer...

Biden often misspeaks while attempting to demonstrate a personal connection to his audiences.

In September, for example, he told Jewish leaders that he remembered “spending time at” and “going to” the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh after the mass murder of 11 people in 2018. The synagogue said he never visited and the White House later said he was thinking about a 2019 phone call to the synagogue’s rabbi.

That same month, Biden told an Idaho audience that his “first job offer” came from local lumber and wood products business Boise Cascade. The company said it was news to them and Biden had not previously described an interest in moving to the state.

In January, Biden told students of historically black colleges in Atlanta that he was arrested during civil rights protests — for which there also is no evidence.

And in May, Biden said at the Naval Academy’s graduation ceremony that he was appointed to the military school in 1965 by the late Sen. J. Caleb Boggs (R-Del.). A search of Boggs’ archives failed to turn up evidence of the appointment.

Biden often misspeaks while attempting to demonstrate a personal connection to his audiences.

In September, for example, he told Jewish leaders that he remembered “spending time at” and “going to” the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh after the mass murder of 11 people in 2018. The synagogue said he never visited and the White House later said he was thinking about a 2019 phone call to the synagogue’s rabbi.

That same month, Biden told an Idaho audience that his “first job offer” came from local lumber and wood products business Boise Cascade. The company said it was news to them and Biden had not previously described an interest in moving to the state.

In January, Biden told students of historically black colleges in Atlanta that he was arrested during civil rights protests — for which there also is no evidence.

And in May, Biden said at the Naval Academy’s graduation ceremony that he was appointed to the military school in 1965 by the late Sen. J. Caleb Boggs (R-Del.). A search of Boggs’ archives failed to turn up evidence of the appointment.
Pretty typical behavior for someone his age. My dad says weird shit like that — things that are sort of/kind of accurate but jumbled up with other incidents — pretty often.

We need a non-octogenarian president. I’d be in favor of an upper age limit since there is a lower age limit (35)

Id rather have a 34 year old POTUS than 85.

Pretty typical behavior for someone his age. My dad says weird shit like that — things that are sort of/kind of accurate but jumbled up with other incidents — pretty often.

We need a non-octogenarian president. I’d be in favor of an upper age limit since there is a lower age limit (35)

Completely agree, and I would extend that to Congress and Supreme Court justices as well. No need to have Grassley, Pelosi, etc in office.

What type of cancer? I mean skin cancer is pretty easy to treat from my understanding. Brain cancer a lot tougher.
Well he was talking about the pollution in his town and how he and many others have gotten cancer, presumably from said pollution.

I was watching live and thought..wait, did he just say he had cancer? I rewound, and he indeed said it. His tone was so matter of fact though that I started thinking..'did I know he had cancer? Was it a long time ago? Or is it another Biden gaffe?'

I'd say it's either a real gaffe (or a lie if we hold him to Trump standards), OR he does in fact have cancer and they're not ready to say that yet.

I think if we had a better system for conducting our elections this wouldn't be an issue.

I doubt many other countries have upper age limits for their highest elected office and somehow they all manage to avoid having 80 year old leaders.

You are not kidding. As my long-time doctor told me, "oh, you will get prostate cancer if you live long enough. Almost every man will unless something else kills them first. And if you get it when you are in your 70's, something else will kill you before it will."
Lol… My God. Who is your Dr., Debbie Downer?

Ts&Ps. I hope he bravely fights his cancer diagnosis and fully recovers. My father is a cancer survivor and my sister is currently battling stage 3 pancreatic cancer. I can’t imagine anyone lying about having cancerl. Joe has access to the world best doctors and healthcare system. Praying for a positive outcome.

gaffes they probably haven't ever seen or heard...they don't play them on their "news" outlets

Was this on Newsmax or Faux News? I have to admit, I don't watch news that is constantly telling me everything I should be outraged about and exactly why I should be outraged.

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple

Let's stop with the misspeaks. You didn't post the word "gaffe", but it's not that either. He just flat out lies. We had posters here keeping track of the daily Trump lies, and the counts were undoubtedly correct. I don't know how Biden would compare, but I do know Biden lies are whoppers, and the people calling out Trump aren't giving Biden the same scrutiny. They apologize and rationalize. When someone lies in such a blatant fashion, how can we believe anything he says? How do we ever figure out what's true and what isn't?

trump-doctor.jpg
Somebody better call in a doctor to let us know he’s very healthy.

Every 79 year old man has prostate cancer. Something else kills then before that does.
Dealing with the tenses ("Have" cancer V. "had" cancer) is kind of an odd thing with prostate cancer.

I went through 44 Radiation treatments and as far as I am concerned it was cured or at least handled. My PSA went from 7+ or so to .2 and my Urologist seems delighted and considers me to have been a successful outcome.

However, not one person uses terms like "cured" or "in remission." My Doctor has me on a monitoring program and checks my PSA twice a year ... just in case.

Going around describing myself as a "Cancer Survivor" really sounds lame, as I did not face anything all that deadly. However, going in every single weekday for 6-7 weeks and climbing up into the massive contraption that seemed eerily like a crypt and listening to the radar gun taking aim, all in an otherwise quiet and unlighted room should have given me some minimal level of standing in the world of Oncology. In reality, it was nothing more than a passage of some sort, another milestone in life ... one more loose end in the big scheme of things.

I can understand how Joe Biden sees himself in the limbo world of having faced skin cancer, but not being allowed to tout it as a big deal. Some versions of skin cancer are deadly, but because the treatment is so quick, no one stops to consider the risks they have faced.

And those damn tenses: Does he have it forever or did he get rid of it? That is really the issue here.

Not being allowed to say you had "it" and beat "it" IS kind of unnerving.

Last edited:
You are not kidding. As my long-time doctor told me, "oh, you will get prostate cancer if you live long enough. Almost every man will unless something else kills them first. And if you get it when you are in your 70's, something else will kill you before it will."
By the way Sidney Poitier died of multiple causes, all listed on his death certificate. These included Prostate Cancer.

I have noticed Prostate Cancer is often included in the cause of death section when our elderly celebrities die ... admittedly, along with other things ... but still it is listed often enough to be unnerving.

Reactions: EasyHawk

Amen

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Dealing with the tenses ("Have" cancer V. "had" cancer) is kind of an odd thing with prostate cancer.

I went through 44 Radiation treatments and as far as I am concerned it was cured or at least handled. My PSA went from 7+ or so to .2 and my Urologist seems delighted and considers me to have been a successful outcome.

However, not one person uses terms like "cured" or "in remission." My Doctor has me on a monitoring program and checks my PSA twice a year ... just in case.

Going around describing myself as a "Cancer Survivor" really sounds lame, as I did not face anything all that deadly. However, going in every single weekday for 6-7 weeks and climbing up into the massive contraption that seemed eerily like a crypt and listening to the radar gun taking aim, all in an otherwise quiet and unlighted room should have given me some minimal level of standing in the world of Oncology. In reality, it was nothing more than a passage of some sort, another milestone in life ... one more loose end in the big scheme of things.

I can understand how Joe Biden sees himself in the limbo world of having faced skin cancer, but not being allowed to tout it as a big deal. Some versions of skin cancer are deadly, but because the treatment is so quick, no one stops to consider the risks they have faced.

And those damn tenses: Does he have it forever or did he get rid of it? That is really the issue here.

Not being allowed to say you had "it" and beat "it" IS kind of unnerving.
He used it as an illustration of the evils of a refinery. It's highly unlikely he got skin cancer from a refinery. He just lied to make a point. Present tense or past tense doesn't really matter.

tumblr_oszj81MAcm1r59rp1o5_r2_250.gifv

He stutters, give him a break!

I actually agreed and gave you a "like" Torbee. Never thought that would happen.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT