ADVERTISEMENT

Biden says there's nothing he can do to bring down gas or food prices in the near term...

Not sure what else he can do. Any thoughts on how to solve this? OPEC refuses to increase production to keep their profits high. The US oil companies refuse to increase production or even to supply the UK to keep the price of oil high.
Old Joe made this environment. Just sit back and watch the sh#t show.

Listening to people trash him at Walgreens and Publix today made me smile.

I mean he is right and this is the right path: His plan has centered on allowing the Federal Reserve the necessary independence to combat inflation through monetary policy.

You have to let the market work through this, govt policy maker and executive office intervention will just make things way way worse.

Too bad we can’t buy fifty gallon drums of gasoline on Amazon directly from refineries. I’ll bet they’d be a lot cheaper by the gallon than the local 7/11. 🙂

Reactions: BelemNole
Too bad we can’t buy fifty gallon drums of gasoline on Amazon directly from refineries. I’ll bet they’d be a lot cheaper by the gallon than the local 7/11. 🙂
Maybe, but I don’t have a loading dock or a lift to unload 400+#s of fuel.
Besides, a refinery would horse laugh somebody wanting them to fill 50 gallon drums. Good thought, maybe?

He could advocate to cut Federal government spending in Washington. Follow Bill Clinton's example. That would reallocate resources, mainly labor, to the private sector and help with supply. There are other things on the fiscal side that can be done as well.

Another idea would be to reduce payroll taxes and replace with a sales tax. That would put downward pressure on consumption and reward work.

That's a bad idea. Instead they should investigate why the gas industry charges CA on average $0.30 more per gallon and do something about it. It's been going on for decades.

Because California has very specific anti-smog regulations, dummy.

What are the specific regulations on this one?

In a statement released to FOX 11, Chevron said there are multiple factors that go into the price of a gallon of gasoline, "including some unique ones specific to California."

"In addition to the price of oil, other factors include the competitive conditions in the marketplace, the higher cost to produce gasoline to the specifications required by the California Air Resources Board, costs associated with fuel distribution, local, state and federal taxes, California carbon-compliance costs, recent inflationary pressures, and fixed costs of doing business that are often higher in California relative to other states (e.g., the cost of commercial real estate)," Chevron said.

In a statement released to FOX 11, Chevron said there are multiple factors that go into the price of a gallon of gasoline, "including some unique ones specific to California."

"In addition to the price of oil, other factors include the competitive conditions in the marketplace, the higher cost to produce gasoline to the specifications required by the California Air Resources Board, costs associated with fuel distribution, local, state and federal taxes, California carbon-compliance costs, recent inflationary pressures, and fixed costs of doing business that are often higher in California relative to other states (e.g., the cost of commercial real estate)," Chevron said.

I agree yet there are multiple reasons listed. Not just carbon emissions.

The left wants high oil prices. It makes a pathway for the green new deal. Hard to believe if you don't see this clearly.

They sure are going to have a hard time getting the green new deal because of their upcoming loss in the midterms because of their intentional high fuel prices to get the green new deal. Just how effing stupid are you?

ADVERTISEMENT