ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Sells Out On Climate Change

You feigned outrage at Biden regarding leasing on federal lands when it was all just a way for his administration to keep dragging its feet on exploration and drilling.
Not feigned.

And it wasn't "all just a way for his administration to keep dragging its feet on exploration and drilling."

I get that that's your spin. What I don't get is why you think trying to sell that spin is important.

You challenged my response by asking why he'd do that. I provided you the reason, now you try to change the subject.
Fair enough, but you said his action was a distraction in the comment that I asked "to what end" about.

And now you are saying distraction again. I'm not changing the subject. I'm still asking what is the point of this distraction by Biden.

You are reminding me of the time Tony Blair was asked what the point of terrorism was, and all he could come up with was "the point of terrorism is to terrorize."

If it is only a distraction - which I don't agree is the case - then what does Biden expect to get out if it?

Is this "worthless ground" the new talking point on the right?

That's nonsense, of course, because Exxon won't keep paying to keep worthless assets on the books. What they will do (if the numbers work out for them) is keep verified deposits on the books when they aren't currently interested in drilling or fracking (whatever the reason). Because, as already noted they can inflate stock values and can be borrowed against.
Thanks to the Dem-rats proposed 50% tax what incentive is there to drill until they are ousted and new leadership is voted in.

Dem-rats always defect with a lie to hide the disasters they create.

I think Biden is trying to come up with anything that will make one side or the other happier. He currently has I believe the lowest approval rating in history and really people from both sides are unhappy with him. I recently read that he screamed "who can I fire" about the border situation. His staff is divided on what to do about it. On the one hand the right is angry as so many people are coming in, but the left is angry he hasn't done enough to allow people in quickly and easily and he is deporting so many. Black voters are angry he hasn't been able to fix voter registration which I think was a campaign promise. He is being blamed by the right for inflation and gas prices, so maybe this is an effort to show he is doing something to help, but now this will make the left mad. He wasn't able to get BBB done so far. He really has managed to seem incapable and a lot of people that voted for him previously are not happy with his performance. He really is in a no win situation at this point. Mid-terms are just over six months away and it would take a miracle for the House and Senate to not be Republican.

Doing what Trump did but charging more. Hmmmm
So, for the oil drillers, the overall profitability will be reduced?

My guess is that this will be factored into the initial bids which will be accordingly lower.

Biden is telling the climate alarmists that he is going to gouge "Big Oil" in a quest to lower inflation.

In the end, not much will change. The bidders will be suspicious of the good faith supposedly underlying the changes and will be slightly more hesitant to participate.

Biden has already reneged on some of the leases the government sold under President Trump. I wonder if those will be reinstated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT