ADVERTISEMENT

Biden sending more troops to Europe amid Russia-Ukraine tension

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
President Joe Biden is sending about 2,000 troops from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to Poland and Germany this week and shifting roughly 1,000 Germany-based soldiers to Romania, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Biden has said he will not put American troops in Ukraine to fight any Russian incursion, although the United States is supplying Ukraine with weapons to defend itself.

The military moves come amid stalled talks with Russia over its military buildup at Ukraine’s borders. And they underscore growing fears across Europe that Russian President Vladimir Putin is poised to invade Ukraine. Smaller NATO countries on the alliance's eastern flank worry they could be next, although Russia has said it has no intention of initiating conflict and is willing to continue diplomatic efforts.

The administration official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss military moves not yet announced.

I think these are additional details -

"Close to 2,000 of the troops — most of them coming from the 82nd Airborne in Fort Bragg, N.C. — will be going to Poland, Mr. Kirby said. While many of those troops are paratroopers, Mr. Kirby said he did not expect the Airborne troops to deploy to Poland in a “tactical operation,” which would raise the ire of Russia even more.

The troops being moved to Romania will complement French troops being deployed there, Mr. Kirby said.

Mr. Kirby also said there would be no change in the status of the small number of American troops in Ukraine. More than 150 U.S. military advisers are in Ukraine, trainers who have for years worked near Lviv, in the country’s west, far from the front lines. The current group includes Special Operations forces, mostly Army Green Berets, as well as National Guard trainers from Florida’s 53rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team.

There are currently 4,000 American troops deployed to Poland and 900 in Romania, as well as about 100 U.S. forces in Lithuania, and 60 in Latvia and Estonia on temporary, rotational assignment."

Reactions: cigaretteman
A big show of force now is more likely to stop a war IMHO. I wish Germany still had a formidable army. It was the countries of Europe, still suffering from a war that took a generation of their men, that could not agree to stop Hitler when they had a chance. Putin probably isn't the monster that Hitler was but we don't know if he has decided to attempt to recover the freed nations of Eastern Europe in his old age. For all we know he may be going crazy.

Two very readable and fascinating books on the beginnings of WW2 are William L Shirer's The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and Berlin Diary. It is unnerving but fascinating following the actions that "allowed" a 2nd World War to start.

Reactions: cigaretteman
272892807_342062437965762_2551168945980112694_n.jpg

In 2010 the Ukraine withdrew their 2008 request to join NATO due to having a Russian puppet President. Maybe the West could agree that the Ukraine would not join NATO if Russia agrees to recognize the current borders. (Letting Russia keep the peninsula and their major naval base there.)

You don't just let Putin roll in to the Ukraine and think that will end this situation. Putin like Hitler before him would see that as a sign of appeasement and quite likely go after those countries that escaped their clutches when the Soviet Union fell apart. There is a reason for Putin only being shown a little support from even the world's other dictators.

Misinformation. Germany, France, Croatia, Bulgaria want no parts of this. Gas prices have tripled thanks to Washington's interventions. People may freeze as there are just 16 days of natgas supplies in storage. This is totally avoidable.
Totally. Just give Ukraine to Russia. Problem solved. Then next year Estonia, then Latvia and so on and so forth. Good to see you comrade.

Reactions: h-hawk and win4jj
In 2010 the Ukraine withdrew their 2008 request to join NATO due to having a Russian puppet President.

What if the place you read that spin was spreading disinformation?

link

THE WASHINGTON POST

9 February 2010
By Philip P. Pan
International monitors on Monday described Ukraine's presidential election as free and fair, putting pressure on Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko to concede defeat despite a tight vote count and charges of irregularities.
Tymoshenko, the heroine of Ukraine's Orange Revolution, canceled a news conference and appeared to be mulling a court challenge as opposition leader Viktor Yanukovych held on to a lead of 3 percentage points with more than 99 percent of votes counted.

-------
Plans for NATO membership were shelved by Ukraine following the 2010 presidential election in which Viktor Yanukovych, who preferred to keep the country non-aligned, was elected President.
-------

link

Ukrainians may support their new government's plans to prohibit the country from joining military alliances, which would effectively end its six-year pursuit of NATO membership. Residents in May 2009 were more than twice as likely to see NATO as a threat (40%) than as protection (17%). One in three said it was neither.

vjb1a4iylu6utcv3ru

Gallup's poll in Ukraine took place nearly a year before the election of pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovich this February that ultimately led to this sea change in policy. However, Ukrainians' views of NATO did not change much between the May 2009 survey and one in May 2008, which suggests their views are unlikely to be vastly different now.

Reactions: h-hawk
Totally. Just give Ukraine to Russia. Problem solved. Then next year Estonia, then Latvia and so on and so forth. Good to see you comrade.
What would Russia want with that dumpster fire of Ukraine? Or the Baltic states?

Funny how you dismiss Washington's violation of their agreement on 2/9/90 not to move 1 inch east of East Germany. But, Russia is the aggressor, I guess, even though the US has troops 6K miles from home on Russia's border.

Why would Russia allow nukes on their border that could fry them in 5-7 minutes? JFK didn't allow them in Cuba.

Prospective members seeking NATO membership need a unanimous vote to join the club. As mentioned above, many countries do NOT want them. In addition, they must not have any territorial disputes, which they clearly do. Why is Washington laundering money for the MIC and dumping weapons on Ukraine that will never be paid for? Washington is NATOizing them anyway.

But, I appreciate your defense of the neo-Nazi state of Ukraine.

PS. Modi is a fascist.

Oh nut grain! You amuse me so.

Modi is a fascist but Putin and Xi are just fun loving butt buddies?

How did Chechnya work out for you guys?

Oh nut grain! You amuse me so.

Modi is a fascist but Putin and Xi are just fun loving butt buddies?

How did Chechnya work out for you guys?
For a supposed Hopkins guy, you sure do run from a lot of discussions. You avoided questions posed to you. Try again!

India is China's bitch.

In 2010 the Ukraine withdrew their 2008 request to join NATO due to having a Russian puppet President. Maybe the West could agree that the Ukraine would not join NATO if Russia agrees to recognize the current borders. (Letting Russia keep the peninsula and their major naval base there.)

You don't just let Putin roll in to the Ukraine and think that will end this situation. Putin like Hitler before him would see that as a sign of appeasement and quite likely go after those countries that escaped their clutches when the Soviet Union fell apart. There is a reason for Putin only being shown a little support from even the world's other dictators.
Cookie Puss Nuland boasting how Washington spent $5B prior to the Maidan to overthrow the democratically elected government.

18 days prior to Maidan, Nuland deciding who Washington would install as the new leader of Ukronazi.

As told by 27 year CIA veteran, Ray McGovern:

• Feb. 1, 2008: Amid rumors of NATO planning to offer membership to Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warns U.S. Ambassador William Burns that “Nyet Means Nyet.” Russia will react strongly to any move to bring Ukraine or Georgia into NATO. Thanks to WikiLeaks, we have Burns’s original cable from embassy in Moscow.
  • April 3, 2008: Included in Final Declaration from NATO summit in Bucharest: “NATO welcomes Ukraine’s and Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations for membership in NATO. We agreed today that these countries will become members of NATO.”

Oh Last Samurai, you'll live. Do you mbate to this nonstop Nate? Haha.

p33171_p_v10_ae.jpg
Oh the shame. Nothing else up your sleeve, huh. Snooze. You could try be the academic you fancy yourself and answer questions. Hate isn't a foreign policy.

When I do mbate, I make sure I do it in the Japanese tradition with your wife buried in a hole up to her neck as the villagers toss off on her. Funny, she doesn't seem to mind though.

Oh the shame. Nothing else up your sleeve, huh. Snooze. You could try be the academic you fancy yourself and answer questions. Hate isn't a foreign policy.

When I do mbate, I make sure I do it in the Japanese tradition with your wife buried in a hole up to her neck as the villagers toss off on her. Funny, she doesn't seem to mind though.
Haha you slay me man. No one on here takes you seriously. You are the proverbial village idiot of HROT. Keep up the good work. I almost did a spit take!

I actually do hope Russia invades Ukraine. It will be fun to see Chechnya Part II. Or the Moscow theater. Remember that one Nut Grain?

Haha you slay me man. No one on here takes you seriously. You are the proverbial village idiot of HROT. Keep up the good work. I almost did a spit take!

I actually do hope Russia invades Ukraine. It will be fun to see Chechnya Part II. Or the Moscow theater. Remember that one Nut Grain?
I love the 6th grade girl bully analogy. Hand on hip, Well, "No one on here takes you seriously." Like I'm looking for hearty approbation from you zeroes. It's not a dopamine hit for me to seek likes. That's for the weak.

Tell me about Serbia when NATO bombed schools and hospitals for 78 straight days. Annexed Kosovo. Or when Washington green lights racist Israel to annex and bomb water treatment facilities in Gaza and other occupied territories. Or Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan and Libya.

You're just mad I didn't text you pics with your wife on the receiving end of the Bukkafest. Maybe that's why you call me Nutgrain, because your wife tasting my nut, no? "Spit take"? Something you and wife don't have in common. She didn't spill a drop.

You put the intellectual rot in HROT. Be the academic you fraudulently pretend to be and answer questions instead.

Why do you support what is a civil war in eastern Ukraine of neo-Nazi Kiev bombing 15K civilians in Donbass because they dared vote for secession, which Moscow refused to accept?

I love the 6th grade girl bully analogy. Hand on hip, Well, "No one on here takes you seriously." Like I'm looking for hearty approbation from you zeroes. It's not a dopamine hit for me to seek likes. That's for the weak.

Tell me about Serbia when NATO bombed schools and hospitals for 78 straight days. Annexed Kosovo. Or when Washington green lights racist Israel to annex and bomb water treatment facilities in Gaza and other occupied territories. Or Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan and Libya.

You're just mad I didn't text you pics with your wife on the receiving end of the Bukkafest. Maybe that's why you call me Nutgrain, because your wife tasting my nut, no?

You put the intellectual rot in HROT. Be the academic you fraudulently pretend to be and answer questions instead.

Why do you support what is a civil war in eastern Ukraine of neo-Nazi Kiev bombing 15K civilians in Donbass because they dared vote for secession, which Moscow refused to accept?
Let me summarize you in one sentence:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Do you need your pacifier?

Go NATO. and Murica! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

NATO Expansion 4EVA. Warsaw Pact NEVA!

maxresdefault.jpg

My Mom who was a teacher went on an extended trip to the Baltic States back in the 90s to show Western education techniques. I think it was when she was in Latvia that she made a huge faux pax. She was at a public building that had guards and joked, wondering about them being there in case the Russians came back. The guide politely but firmly told her that they NEVER make jokes about that. My Mom felt so bad she would bring this up from time to time.

The Soviet Union occupied many countries after WW2 as a buffer against the West. You can see the logic from their viewpoint but they did not have the right to control someone else's country. Those countries are afraid that Russia wants them back.

Reactions: rchawk
If Trump was Russia's bitch then why did Putin wait til he was out of office to go forward with his alleged plan to regain the Ukraine?

Do you need your pacifier?
What a coincidence! That's the same metaphor I say to your wife when it's feeding time below my belt, Damn she's hungry.

Yeah Murder Inc/NATO. Go team. Kill, kill, kill! That sums up your ethos in life.

NATO Expansion: What Gorbachev Heard​

4_1.jpg

Declassified documents show security assurances against NATO expansion to Soviet leaders from Baker, Bush, Genscher, Kohl, Gates, Mitterrand, Thatcher, Hurd, Major, and Woerner

Slavic Studies Panel Addresses “Who Promised What to Whom on NATO Expansion?”

March back to Baltimore stat and demand your money back. Would've been better spent at a juco.

Last edited:
What a coincidence! That's the same metaphor I say to your wife when it's feeding time below my belt, Damn she's hungry.

Yeah Murder Inc/NATO. Go team. Kill, kill, kill! That sums up your ethos in life.

NATO Expansion: What Gorbachev Heard​

4_1.jpg

Declassified documents show security assurances against NATO expansion to Soviet leaders from Baker, Bush, Genscher, Kohl, Gates, Mitterrand, Thatcher, Hurd, Major, and Woerner

Slavic Studies Panel Addresses “Who Promised What to Whom on NATO Expansion?”

March back to Baltimore stat and demand your money back. Would've been better spent at a juco.
Remember Gorby in the pizza hut ads haha.

The Soviet Union occupied many countries after WW2 as a buffer against the West. You can see the logic from their viewpoint but they did not have the right to control someone else's country. Those countries are afraid that Russia wants them back.
You are correct. However, they have stated on numerous occasions they have zero desire to invade or occupy Ukraine or any other country. The troops are in Russia and Belarus. Experts say Russia would need 300K to complete that scenario. Russia quickly moved 100K troops there last Spring after Zelensky threatened to take back Crimea. Zelensky shit his drawers and Biden requested a call with Putin.

Ukraine has nothing that Russia wants. Washington is trying to lure them and will create a false flag. R could have rolled through all of Ukraine at anytime of their choosing in the past 8 years. They didn't. They don't want another quagmire ala Afghanistan. They would then have to go to Beijing hat in hand.

Nuland et al have stated emphatically that NS2 will not go online. Russia invading nullifies that. Why would they invade to bring on global condemnation that would cancel the $11B investment that took years to build? It would deprive them of revenue for the federal coffers.

Washington is sacrificing Country 404 and is willing to see Europe burn and freeze this winter, so they can eliminate an economic rival. Euros are seeing this and want no part of it. Germany's admiral stepped down last week.

This article is from '16, but, explains perfectly what is going on geopolitically.

Yup. Premeditated.

Nord Stream 2​

Right from its start, the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline supplying natural gas from Russia to Germany has been an eyesore for the United States. The US has put a lot of its diplomatic influence to make somehow Germany cancel this project. However, the firm resolve of Russian President Vladimir Putin and support to this project from German leadership has ensured its completion.

Besides, the Nord Stream 2 bypasses Ukraine, thereby making it a non-player in the gas game in Europe. Moreover, once fully operational, Nord Stream 2 is set to reduce Ukraine’s gas transit revenues from $2.5 billion to $1.2 billion annually. Thus, Ukraine has naturally allied with the US in opposition to the Russo-German project. With the Ukraine crisis at its peak, the United States and even the European Union have threatened to impose severe sanctions against Nord Stream 2 if Russia attacks Ukraine.

Considering these warnings, perpetual denials by Russia about any aggression and the latest statement by Russian President Putin that the US is drawing Russia into some kind of armed conflict, it appears that sanctions on Nord Stream 2 and Russian gas supply are not a consequence of the Ukraine crisis, but Ukraine crisis is planned to hit Russian gas and energy trade with Europe. The situation gives the US, which is currently the biggest gas producer in the world, a needed pretext to suspend Russian gas supplies to Europe. If it happens, it will be a win for the United States in its trade war with Russia and a move that will checkmate the Nord Stream 2 project.

A big show of force now is more likely to stop a war IMHO. I wish Germany still had a formidable army. It was the countries of Europe, still suffering from a war that took a generation of their men, that could not agree to stop Hitler when they had a chance. Putin probably isn't the monster that Hitler was but we don't know if he has decided to attempt to recover the freed nations of Eastern Europe in his old age. For all we know he may be going crazy.

Two very readable and fascinating books on the beginnings of WW2 are William L Shirer's The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and Berlin Diary. It is unnerving but fascinating following the actions that "allowed" a 2nd World War to start.

Reactions: rchawk and win4jj
China just signed Argentina up to the New Silk Road and will invest $23.7B. With this, China has promised to support Argentina's efforts in recovering Malvinas (Falklands).

Geography genius, Liz Truss, responds:

FK--dHGXwAAEe6S

Now the UK is forced to stretch out further from home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT