ADVERTISEMENT

Biden sending more troops to Europe amid Russia-Ukraine tension

China just signed Argentina up to the New Silk Road and will invest $23.7B. With this, China has promised to support Argentina's efforts in recovering Malvinas (Falklands).
Now the UK is forced to stretch out further from home.
‘Recovering’?
Wouldn’t that be reconquering?

And what do the people who live on the island want? Have you checked?

Color me surprised China will buddy up with another country that wants to overrule the current sovereignty and preference of some islanders.
Familiar ring.

A big show of force now is more likely to stop a war IMHO. I wish Germany still had a formidable army. It was the countries of Europe, still suffering from a war that took a generation of their men, that could not agree to stop Hitler when they had a chance. Putin probably isn't the monster that Hitler was but we don't know if he has decided to attempt to recover the freed nations of Eastern Europe in his old age. For all we know he may be going crazy.

Two very readable and fascinating books on the beginnings of WW2 are William L Shirer's The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and Berlin Diary. It is unnerving but fascinating following the actions that "allowed" a 2nd World War to start.
I read Shirer's Berlin Diary years ago. He was in the German capital as a reporter for then UP. A fascinating read.

‘Recovering’?
Wouldn’t that be reconquering?

And what do the people who live on the island want? Have you checked?

Color me surprised China will buddy up with another country that wants to overrule the current sovereignty and preference of some islanders.
Familiar ring.
I see it as Russia/ China applying pressure to UK and WW3 will spread much wider.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT