ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Stimulus Plan

Those could be two of the dumbest charts i’ve ever seen for a economic argument.

Why is that? I am not claiming to be an economic wiz. Just truly trying to understand how this doesn't hurt the lower and middle class in the long run.

Can you explain to me how these stimulus packages won't have an effect on the future of the U.S. dollar?

Why is that? I am not claiming to be an economic wiz. Just truly trying to understand how this doesn't hurt the lower and middle class in the long run.

Can you explain to me how these stimulus packages won't have an effect on the future of the U.S. dollar?
It will.
I've been betting short against the dollar to the yen since March.

It will.
I've been betting short against the dollar to the yen since March.

So how were the charts I shared "two of the dumbest charts for a economic argument" you've ever seen? I am open to a legit discussion and curious where you think I am wrong.

Last edited:
So how were the charts I shared "two of the dumbest charts for a economic argument" you've ever seen? I am open to a legit discussion and curious where you think I am wrong.
The top chart basically shows the real last data point in 1975 with projections that did not happen and based on inflation rates present under Carter..
The bottom chart seems to be a inverse inflation chart with very little change the last years due to values and # of years.

Reactions: haw-key
The top chart basically shows the real last data point in 1975 with projections that did not happen and based on inflation rates present under Carter..
The bottom chart seems to be a inverse inflation chart with very little change the last years due to values and # of years.

So in one post, you say you are actively shorting the U.S. dollar with yen and then turn around and say this. LOL wut?

Also, where are you showing that those projections didn't happen? It looks like there was a significant jump after 1975: Value of $1 from 1800 to 2021

Last edited:
Got anymore 1975 charts we can use for reference?

Does this work? Value of $1 from 1800 to 2021

I was only using those graphs to show that the dollar has been declining for a very long time (I mentioned this in my initial post). I see how you are somewhat right in that they aren’t highly relevant to what is happening right now. BUT printing money does devalue the dollar.

A weak dollar 100% hurts trade with countries with strong currencies. That is a fact. (Which would be why you are currently shorting the dollar to the yen). In short, pun intended, the value of a dollar is just one of many economic indicators. It is by no means the most important. But to say it isn’t a factor or a dumb factor is simply wrong.

Reactions: Finance85
I get the argument that the money should be more “targeted”- but I haven’t seen anyone come up with a way to accomplish that.
As I’ve said in other threads- I could for sure use the extra money.

File for unemployment, qualify for aid.

File for unemployment, qualify for aid.
Not the end all be all solution either. Many are capable of working but are not seeking employment out. Previously some were collecting more in unemployment vs working early in the pandemic. It doesn’t create incentive to go find employment.

Reactions: TennNole17
Not the end all be all solution either. Many are capable of working but are not seeking employment out. Previously some were collecting more in unemployment vs working early in the pandemic. It doesn’t create incentive to go find employment.
A lot of small business owners don't qualify for unemployment.

Reactions: srams21

Agree. I thought we were talking about getting relief dollars in the hands of those individuals who need it the most. Sending $600 to people who don’t need it is not the ideal solution. I’d rather send a larger amount to a more targeted group.

A lot of small business owners don't qualify for unemployment.

Small business should/would qualify for a different type of aid, not the $600 being distributed to people making under X amount of dollars. If that’s not part of the aid, it should be.

Not you. But you asked, “but I haven’t seen anyone come up with a way to accomplish that.”
What about people who are working less or getting paid less?

For example, I know a couple bartenders and they don't make nearly in tips what they used to make because they haven't been as busy. They still have jobs so they don't qualify for unemployment but might only be making 50% of what they were.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
ADVERTISEMENT