ADVERTISEMENT

Biden - The world is laughing at President Trump.

I think the world has really been laughing at our last three presidents (including Trump).

No, not really. Just Trump.

Maybe laughing isn't the right word. I think it was more of the rest of the world not being overly impressed by the last 3 presidents. Our respect abroad has diminished with each of the last 3. IMO.

Maybe laughing isn't the right word. I think it was more of the rest of the world not being overly impressed by the last 3 presidents. Our respect abroad has diminished with each of the last 3. IMO.
I could not quickly find something in the last year, but here is where things stood between Obama in his second term and Trump in 2017. At least Trump is more popular in Israel and Russia ...

obama-received-much-higher-ratings-at-the-end-of-his-presidency-than-trump-gets-today.png

I'm pretty sure Obama was pretty respected, at least with our allies.

Maybe with a few of them but I don't think Obama or Bush were very well respected as politicians on the global stage. Probably not the same amount of outright disdain towards them as there is for Trump, but our International stature has diminished with each. Again, this is my opinion. I'm not a big fan of any of them as politicians. Bush and Obama, however, at least seem like decent people.

Well no kidding...Obama was a yes man on the global scene. Trump actually tells people no so of course they dont like it. They dont get to continue to bleed the USA dry like they have for so many years.

This is not to pick on you, but it serves as a nice example of the conspiracy driven, FAKE NEWS! shouting, alternative facts mindset. Regardless of what is presented it can always be more evidence of what was already concluded.

If world leaders heaped praise on Trump's intellect, his cunning tactics and very best words it would be proof that America is respected and that Trump really is a Very Stable Genius. If foreigners had high confidence in Trump to do the right thing as described in the graphic above, that would be proof that he is admired,strong and principled.

Instead he's mocked, laughed at, despised, manipulated, all the things we see from his daily behavior. Well, that's just further proof that he's strong, he fights back, and putting America first and that the other countries are jealous, intimidated, worried that they won't be able to take advantage of us, etc.

No matter what the evidence/facts/reality point to, they can just be twisted to fit the foregone conclusion.

Well no kidding...Obama was a yes man on the global scene. Trump actually tells people no so of course they dont like it. They dont get to continue to bleed the USA dry like they have for so many years.

This is not to pick on you, but it serves as a nice example of the conspiracy driven, FAKE NEWS! shouting, alternative facts mindset. Regardless of what is presented it can always be more evidence of what was already concluded.

If world leaders heaped praise on Trump's intellect, his cunning tactics and very best words it would be proof that America is respected and that Trump really is a Very Stable Genius. If foreigners had high confidence in Trump to do the right thing as described in the graphic above, that would be proof that he is admired,strong and principled.

Instead he's mocked, laughed at, despised, manipulated, all the things we see from his daily behavior. Well, that's just further proof that he's strong, he fights back, and putting America first and that the other countries are jealous, intimidated, worried that they won't be able to take advantage of us, etc.

No matter what the evidence/facts/reality point to, they can just be twisted to fit the foregone conclusion.

I think this shows exactly the lack of critical thinking ability of Trump supporters.

Why why why would world leaders heap praise on someone that is finally calling them out on their backwards financial and societal positions over the US? Have you ever thought that maybe the right thing to them is maybe the wrong thing for us and vice versa? What exactly does the "right thing" mean to you? Americans can hardly agree what the right thing is on lots of issues so you want me to believe a chart from a foreign government that doesn't like the bad orange man is resounding proof that we are slipping as a national power? If anything, I would argue the opposite.

In the end you know Trump has struck a chord of truth (even if you dont want to admit it) in DC and around the world because of the vitriol that is sent his way.

Reactions: hawkedoff
Why why why would world leaders heap praise on someone that is finally calling them out on their backwards financial and societal positions over the US? Have you ever thought that maybe the right thing to them is maybe the wrong thing for us and vice versa? What exactly does the "right thing" mean to you? Americans can hardly agree what the right thing is on lots of issues so you want me to believe a chart from a foreign government that doesn't like the bad orange man is resounding proof that we are slipping as a national power? If anything, I would argue the opposite.

In the end you know Trump has struck a chord of truth (even if you dont want to admit it) in DC and around the world because of the vitriol that is sent his way.

Like I said, I didn't mean to pick on you, you were merely a convenient example to make an observation. I have no interest discussing any of this with you given your understanding of the topic and my understanding of your post history. There would be no point.

You made a very weak attempt at false equivalence, by suggesting the world viewed Trump similar to Obama.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

I don't think they're viewed similarly. If that's how my posts came across, it wasn't intended.

Obviously, Trump is a complete child when it comes to relationships. My point is that, as a nation, we've lost more and more of our international world leader presence after Clinton was in office. It started with GW, continued under Obama and has gotten even worse under Trump.

I'm no Trump defender.

Like I said, I didn't mean to pick on you, you were merely a convenient example to make an observation. I have no interest discussing any of this with you given your understanding of the topic and my understanding of your post history. There would be no point.

I feel so privileged to share this safe space with you and your assumptions.

Are they bleeding the US dry now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT