ADVERTISEMENT

Biden To Set Record For Unaccompanied Minors At Border

LuteHawk

HR Legend
Nov 30, 2011
In June of 2014, President Obama saw 10,620 Unaccompanied
minors at the U.S./Mexico border. The highest in his tenure.

In May of 2019, President Trump saw 11, 475 Unaccompanied
minors at the U.S./Mexico border. The largest in his tenure.

In March of 2021, President Biden at the present pace will see
over 17,000 Unaccompanied minors at the U.S/Mexico border
This would set a new record.

April will be bigger.

May will be bigger.

Word is out and the cartels are more than happy to collect a fee. Human smuggling is the gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: Hammer93

Lute, I will ask you the same question I asked earlier......."What is your solution to this "crisis"?" It was the last Ass Hole in Chief that was making the stink over it.....and his record was worst than his predecessor who he continually attacked....
What is the solution? Please tell me...then write your Congressman...America is waiting for "the answer".....If there was an answer, don't you think it would have been implemented by now? This has been an issue all this century. Quit your phuquin' bitching and offer a sensible solution.

My point is that records are made to be broken.

Garza set a new career scoring record this year
and beat Roy Marble

Biden will set a new record this year and beat
Trump's previous record.

• Haha
Reactions: Jerome Silberman
Lute, I will ask you the same question I asked earlier......."What is your solution to this "crisis"?" It was the last Ass Hole in Chief that was making the stink over it.....and his record was worst than his predecessor who he continually attacked....
What is the solution? Please tell me...then write your Congressman...America is waiting for "the answer".....If there was an answer, don't you think it would have been implemented by now? This has been an issue all this century. Quit your phuquin' bitching and offer a sensible solution.
Maybe the so-called experts we elected should come up with the solution instead of blaming each other. We elected them and we shouldn’t have to write them with the solution. If we do their job for them then they’re worthless and government is failing.

Maybe the so-called experts we elected should come up with the solution instead of blaming each other. We elected them and we shouldn’t have to write them with the solution. If we do their job for them then they’re worthless and government is failing.

This^^^^^ Phuq @joelbc1

He was first in line to rake the previous administration over the coals for the same thing. He’ll claim he wasn’t, but he was right there with the rest

and beat Roy Marble

Trump's previous record.
Don't forget the rising national debt. You dumb bastards absorb whatever the media tells you, without question.

Reactions: ICHerky

So, what you really mean is that numbers of people being chased out of their home countries south of our border is breaking records.
Solving problems by attacking symptoms is a poor strategy.

It's not a bug, but a feature.

Congress has the job to find solutions to problems. The members
of the Senate and House are well paid to solve this crisis. Kicking
the can down the road does not work.
Congress is no more than you and I....WHAT is the solution, Lute? When things OUT OF YOUR CONTROL happen, what can you do but react? But, you tell me what the answer is...I have had this same discussioin more than once with my kids, my wife and my co-workers......When there is NO answer....what is the answer? Congress has no more an idea what to do than you or I Lute...,...you have way too much "confidence" in your fellowman than I.....Tell me Lute....what do we do that is the right thing to do, here?

So you're buying into the new right wing talking point too? Didn't take too long.

Reactions: lucas80
Biden is truly a disaster on this issue. Actually making Trump look good.

I turned on CNN earlier and they were reporting 18k already. If CNN is reporting it, it's bad.
Nobody makes Trump look good. If you think that you are a brainwashed cultist, or sitting at a desk in a basement office in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Reactions: Bee93 and Tom Paris

and beat Roy Marble

Trump's previous record.
2019 Trump set the record for border encounters. You didn't post shit about it.

Reactions: Bee93 and lucas80
Which Congressman or Senator that you have voted for has proclaimed themselves to be an "immigration expert"? I cant think of any...and then the ass hole from NYC proclaimed he had "the answer"...which was a b ig lie.
The critics here have done nothing but pitch a fit about the crisis on the border.....as of yet they have offered no solutions other than "make it go away!"
Please advise which candidates have offered up a plan that might work. Seems to me, under Junior there was a plan in place but Senate republicans blew the thing up before a vote was taken.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Which Congressman or Senator that you have voted for has proclaimed themselves to be an "immigration expert"? I cant think of any...and then the ass hole from NYC proclaimed he had "the answer"...which was a b ig lie.
The critics here have done nothing but pitch a fit about the crisis on the border.....as of yet they have offered no solutions other than "make it go away!"
Please advise which candidates have offered up a plan that might work. Seems to me, under Junior there was a plan in place but Senate republicans blew the thing up before a vote was taken.
It's like the deficit. Parties only care about it when they don't have the presidency.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
My point is that every President will have a chance to set
a record on this issue. 16,000 or 17,000 it makes no difference.
We have a problem at the border. Congress needs to develop
a policy that cannot be changed by an Executive Order of the
U.S President.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
No comments about the 18 senators who just did a midnight tour of the Texas/Mexico border?

Congress is no more than you and I....WHAT is the solution, Lute? When things OUT OF YOUR CONTROL happen, what can you do but react? But, you tell me what cccccc cecscccsrece we the answer is...I have had this same discussioin more than once with my kids, my wife and my co-workers......When there s rd s Dey SCD swesaid in Mexico Mexico is sccccc. C ccsc can NO answer....what is the answer? Congress has no more an idea what to do than you or I Lute...,...you have way too much "confidence" in your fellowman than I.....Tell me Lute....what do we do that is the right thing to do, here?
Gee...let’s see. When a few policies are in place and there are plenty of beds for migrants coming over...THEN those policies get canceled and immediately we suddenly get overrun with illegals and have ZERO beds...logic should say that the better answer was already in play.

It goes both ways. None have had an answer. Although Obama wasn’t known as Deporter in Chief for nothing. But what the current administration is doing definitely isn’t the answer.

Anybody but me find it completely stupid that people are bitching that Biden hasn't fixed the border in his first two months? Numbers were surging before he ever stepped foot in office. Trump left him in a massive hole with facilities and resources. Even FAUlty accidently posted links that said that Trump gave Biden a mess.

It goes both ways. None have had an answer. Although Obama wasn’t known as Deporter in Chief for nothing. But what the current administration is doing definitely isn’t the answer.
I don't know what Biden, or anyone, could do with this mess and under these timelines? Trump closed border facilities and gutted detention resources. He refused to information share with the incoming administration. He refused any transition help. Migrants were surging back in December. It's a reasonable question. What's the solution that would have fixed everything in less than 10 weeks?

Clearly the thing to do was to offer a red carpet during the campaign and jerk it out from under them once elected.
These people should have know it was nothing but rhetoric.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Anybody but me find it completely stupid that people are bitching that Biden hasn't fixed the border in his first two months? Numbers were surging before he ever stepped foot in office. Trump left him in a massive hole with facilities and resources. Even FAUlty accidently posted links that said that Trump gave Biden a mess.
Biden lied.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Thursday misstated the reality at the U.S.-Mexico border when he asserted that “nothing has changed” when it comes to the number of children coming to the United States since his predecessor, Donald Trump, was in office. The numbers are up since Biden became president on Jan. 20.

In his first presidential news conference, Biden also offered a misleading account of who’s getting the most benefits from the Trump tax cuts.

A look at Biden’s remarks:

BORDER

BIDEN, asked about the increase in immigrant children crossing the border: “Truth of the matter is nothing has changed. As many people came — 28% increase in children to the border in my administration; 31% in the last year in 2019, before the pandemic — in the Trump administration. It happens every single solitary year. There is a significant increase in the number of people coming to the border in the winter months of January, February, March. It happens every year.”

THE FACTS: The president erred. Unaccompanied immigrant children have come to the border in higher numbers than what he said.

According to statistics published by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, authorities encountered 9,457 children without a parent in February, a 61% increase from January, not 28%. The numbers of unaccompanied children did rise 31% between January 2019 and February 2019.

Asked about Biden’s statement, the Homeland Security Department pointed to figures for all border crossings, including adults and families traveling together. There was a 28% rise in all encounters with migrants between January and last month, compared with 31% between the same months in 2019. But Biden specifically noted a rise “in children.”

Biden correctly noted seasonal trends in migration and a tendency in many years for border crossings to increase before the hot summer months. But while he tried to play down his inauguration as a reason many children and teenagers have decided to migrate to the U.S., migrants interviewed by The Associated Press have expressed hope that the country would be more permissive to migrants under Biden than under Trump.

Reactions: Hammer93
Biden lied.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Thursday misstated the reality at the U.S.-Mexico border when he asserted that “nothing has changed” when it comes to the number of children coming to the United States since his predecessor, Donald Trump, was in office. The numbers are up since Biden became president on Jan. 20.

In his first presidential news conference, Biden also offered a misleading account of who’s getting the most benefits from the Trump tax cuts.

A look at Biden’s remarks:

BORDER

BIDEN, asked about the increase in immigrant children crossing the border: “Truth of the matter is nothing has changed. As many people came — 28% increase in children to the border in my administration; 31% in the last year in 2019, before the pandemic — in the Trump administration. It happens every single solitary year. There is a significant increase in the number of people coming to the border in the winter months of January, February, March. It happens every year.”

THE FACTS: The president erred. Unaccompanied immigrant children have come to the border in higher numbers than what he said.

According to statistics published by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, authorities encountered 9,457 children without a parent in February, a 61% increase from January, not 28%. The numbers of unaccompanied children did rise 31% between January 2019 and February 2019.

Asked about Biden’s statement, the Homeland Security Department pointed to figures for all border crossings, including adults and families traveling together. There was a 28% rise in all encounters with migrants between January and last month, compared with 31% between the same months in 2019. But Biden specifically noted a rise “in children.”

Biden correctly noted seasonal trends in migration and a tendency in many years for border crossings to increase before the hot summer months. But while he tried to play down his inauguration as a reason many children and teenagers have decided to migrate to the U.S., migrants interviewed by The Associated Press have expressed hope that the country would be more permissive to migrants under Biden than under Trump.
Numbers have been steadily rising since February 2020. The trajectory has been going up for at least the last year. And this all happened under Trump. Yes, numbers are going up even more under Biden, but the problem clearly was blowing up long before Biden ever took office.

And once again, Biden has only been in office for two months with zero help from Trump to help transition. Trump had nearly 3 months to help Biden get up to speed on the border. Instead Trump lied about the election and lead murders on the capitol. Place blame where it really deserves to be.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Biden is truly a disaster on this issue. Actually making Trump look good.

I turned on CNN earlier and they were reporting 18k already. If CNN is reporting it, it's bad.
Trump checked out of his presidency at least the last 6 months of his term. And the last 3 months he spent lying about the election doing zero work for the people. And suddenly things like the border fell apart. Do you really think this was a cooincidence?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT