ADVERTISEMENT

Biden To Set Record For Unaccompanied Minors At Border

Trump checked out of his presidency at least the last 6 months of his term. And the last 3 months he spent lying about the election doing zero work for the people. And suddenly things like the border fell apart. Do you really think this was a cooincidence?
Biden blows ass sorry Huey

Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
I haven't figured out why the GOP is pushing this story. The last four years made it clear that Republicans don't care about brown people. They seem to relish in them suffering.

From the horses mouth:

If you lack the patience to watch the whole thing skip ahead to 0:52
As I posted earlier in Post # 14, record numbers of citizens are fleeing countries to our south. The main fuss being raised is about symptom, not causes.
The fact that the folks are being lied to is obviously compounding the issue, but is not one of the root causes.

This migration is probably just the tip of the iceberg, unless current global trends reverse. War, pestilence, famine, drug cartels, global climate changes, racism, water wars, etc.. will accelerate the processes of mass population movements. If root causes are not mitigated, any attempt to stem migration will be like the proverbial Dutch kid.

The US, as do other mature nations, has a birth rate problem. Not enough kids are being born in country to maintain current work force needs. A comprehensive rework of our immigration “system” could ease the problem in both ways... more citizens in a sensible fashion, but with restrictions that are easily understood and can counter falsehoods such as the video you posted.

Biden is truly a disaster on this issue. Actually making Trump look good.

I turned on CNN earlier and they were reporting 18k already. If CNN is reporting it, it's bad.

My point is that records are made to be broken.

Garza set a new career scoring record this year
and beat Roy Marble

Biden will set a new record this year and beat
Trump's previous record.

Biden is just a nice and decent guy according to NPR! At that's coming from NPR's #1 racist!
Not sure you dumb****s realize that Biden has virtually nothing to do with the problems in these countries that have caused the migrant crisis, other than making the US more palatable a country to live in than it was under Trump.
Numbers have been steadily rising since February 2020. The trajectory has been going up for at least the last year. And this all happened under Trump. Yes, numbers are going up even more under Biden, but the problem clearly was blowing up long before Biden ever took office.
^ @FAUlty Gator lied

A good start to the solution:

Finish the wall.

Get back to working with Mexico on stopping the migration.

Get committed to finding the solution in the countries where these migrants are coming from. Don't just send money, send people to monitor how the money is spent and who is getting it. Solutions need to happen there... not here.

WHAT is "the answer"? They had ine when Junior was POTUS but it was subterfuged by a minority w/in his own Party.
Not my job to have an answer. That’s why we elect politicians, to represent our best interests.

Not my job to have an answer. That’s why we elect politicians, to represent our best interests.
That is a simple right wing cop out Mepo. Total bullshit answer.
Today you will tell me the legislators job is to represent his/her constituents. What are “ our best interests” when we cannot decide what they are? My Senators certainly hardly ever Rep my best interests...
I disagree with you Mepo..it certainly is your job to express your desires to your representatives..after all, they represent you. Do you really want a dim bulb like Joni or an over the hill old fart like Chuck acting on your behalf....I certainly do not.

But it is Biden's job to have a solution less than 10 weeks after he took office and after Trump left him with an under resourced and under managed border because he literally spent all his time bitching about losing the election instead of helping the incoming administration transition for real border solutions?

I haven't figured out why the GOP is pushing this story. The last four years made it clear that Republicans don't care about brown people. They seem to relish in them suffering.

58ca17ba2c00002400feeac9.gif

Reactions: ClarindaA's
It is amazing to watch the left immediately spin on this issue. Maybe joe can reopen the cages obama put kids in during his presidency. You know the ones...the pictures attributed to trump but we're really joe and obama's cages. He could bring those back.

Shocking that the rhetoric from the left has caused a flood at the border. Where are all those celebrity voices demanding human rights. Haven't seen the AOC phot op of her crying in a parking lot yet. She could lean against a chain link fence for dramatic effect. Where are the lead stories on the condition of toilets on every major news network.

People are watching the hypocrisy.

Has joe even met with the president of mexico on the issue? Those kids didn't walk themselves from honduras. Or ecuador. Or even mexico. How did they get across those other borders and to our border?

And no it isn't out job to flood those countries with money. Talk about ensuring that this problems increases. Send kids to US border and they will send us money. What could go wrong? By the way wouldn't that be white supremely? White man going to brown people country and telling them how they are doing things wrong and throwing money to solve problems. Not to mention of course taking over.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
It is amazing to watch the left immediately spin on this issue. Maybe joe can reopen the cages obama put kids in during his presidency. You know the ones...the pictures attributed to trump but we're really joe and obama's cages. He could bring those back.

Shocking that the rhetoric from the left has caused a flood at the border. Where are all those celebrity voices demanding human rights. Haven't seen the AOC phot op of her crying in a parking lot yet. She could lean against a chain link fence for dramatic effect. Where are the lead stories on the condition of toilets on every major news network.

Has joe even met with the president of mexico on the issue? Those kids didn't walk themselves from honduras. Or ecuador. Or even mexico. How did they get across those other borders and to our border?

And no it isn't out job to flood those countries with money. Talk about ensuring that this problems increases. Send kids to US border and they will send us money. What could go wrong? By the way wouldn't that be white supremely? White man going to brown people country and telling them how they are doing things wrong and throwing money to solve problems. Not to mention of course taking over.
Trump put in place a child separation policy. THAT’S the human rights abuses the world, and every decent human being, objected too. Are you really THAT stupid to not understand that?

Reactions: joelbc1
A good start to the solution:

Finish the wall.

Get back to working with Mexico on stopping the migration.

Get committed to finding the solution in the countries where these migrants are coming from. Don't just send money, send people to monitor how the money is spent and who is getting it. Solutions need to happen there... not here.
Wall is ineffective with migrant kids.

Care to comment on my point that Trump abandoned the border entirely his last two months to bitch about the election instead? No other R seems to want to take this point up.

Why do you lie? That was an obama era policy.

Nope. It was a Trump policy. Get your facts straight.

Is hawkedoff a liar or just your basic brainwashed stooge? Considering he’s a Trump cultist, probably the latter.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Well- he made it his problem with all the campaign rhetoric and then in basically one swipe of a pen remaking all disincentives/programs put in place by the preceding administration.

you are just as much the problem as the die-hard Trumpers; you find no problems that can’t be blamed 100% on “the other side”.

Well- he made it his problem with all the campaign rhetoric and then in basically one swipe of a pen remaking all disincentives/programs put in place by the preceding administration.

you are just as much the problem as the die-hard Trumpers; you find no problems that can’t be blamed 100% on “the other side”.
That was a comment directed at Huey- response #54

These claims have already all been shredded. Come up with some new ones.

That was a comment directed at Huey- response #54
But you didn't respond. You completely avoided my point that Trump abandoned his job after the election, abandoned the border, did nothing as numbers surged in December, and instead lead a murderous coup against the capitol and cheered on as his supporters broke into the Senate chambers to try to kill the Vice President.

Reactions: Tom Paris
No, they have not. You and you ilk (amusingly almost identical to the Trumpists) ignore reality and post some article or document that supports your claim as “absolute proof” you are right. It’s pretty intellectually dishonest, almost shameful. Keep on spinning things- guess it makes you feel important. Good for you.
In the meantime, real people deal with actual problems, as dishonest internet “intellectuals” bicker over minutiae with a government in complete disarray and a future for taxpayers that so many unfortunately do not see—yet.

But you didn't respond. You completely avoided my point that Trump abandoned his job after the election, abandoned the border, did nothing as numbers surged in December, and instead lead a murderous coup against the capitol and cheered on as his supporters broke into the Senate chambers to try to kill the Vice President.
Yes- he abandoned his job like a Whitney little bitch. However- it’s pretty damned clear (see Biden shirts and interviews of migrants) that the greatest influencer over the surge was the rhetoric and “hope” of the incoming admin.

No, they have not. You and you ilk (amusingly almost identical to the Trumpists) ignore reality and post some article or document that supports your claim as “absolute proof” you are right. It’s pretty intellectually dishonest, almost shameful. Keep on spinning things- guess it makes you feel important. Good for you.
In the meantime, real people deal with actual problems, as dishonest internet “intellectuals” bicker over minutiae with a government in complete disarray and a future for taxpayers that so many unfortunately do not see—yet.
To get your claims straight. Ignore Trump ditching his job after the election. Ignore him abandoning the border and his job. Ignore him closing detention centers and refusing to help Biden transition. Instead focus on stuff Biden said when he wasn't even president.

Your arguments are terrible.

Yes- he abandoned his job like a Whitney little bitch. However- it’s pretty damned clear (see Biden shirts and interviews of migrants) that the greatest influencer over the surge was the rhetoric and “hope” of the incoming admin.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the Rs telling these migrants that the border is open? Because it sure isn't Biden. He has told these people to stay home. So why no criticism for the Rs encouraging migrants to come here?

To get your claims straight. Ignore Trump ditching his job after the election. Ignore him abandoning the border and his job. Ignore him closing detention centers and refusing to help Biden transition. Instead focus on stuff Biden said when he wasn't even president.

Your arguments are terrible.
I didn’t “ignore” Trump and his myriad faults and bullshit claims. I just don’t see things through the blind hatred of “the other side” like you and so many on this board—-and that goes for BOTH sides

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the Rs telling these migrants that the border is open? Because it sure isn't Biden. He has told these people to stay home. So why no criticism for the Rs encouraging migrants to come here?
So let me get this straight— when a political party raises (and yes. “Loudly”) that they disagree with a policy, then they are responsible for any and all negative repercussions of that policy because they have brought attention to it? Wow-

You’re pro child separation? Well, some of us still have morals, but you do you.

Is hawkedoff a liar or just your basic brainwashed stooge? Considering he’s a Trump cultist, probably the latter.
You mean the cages built in 2014? I guess the 6 weeks that trump had z separation order in place are much more impactful than the cages that were built in 2014. Despite the fact that separation was occuring in 2014 and the cages were built for that exact purpose it is the 6 weeks of a policy that truly matters here

Let me ask you morons something....where are these kids going right now? This is such a human rights crisis that there is literally nothing being done. If it was a priority we would see an immediate response to help those children but we don't. We see excuse after excuse and finger pointing at trump for a 6 week policy that was out in place and rescinded in 2018. That's three years ago if you are having trouble counting.

You partisan tools don't give a shit about kids or brown people. ****ing hypocrites

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
You mean the cages built in 2014? I guess the 6 weeks that trump had z separation order in place are much more impactful than the cages that were built in 2014. Despite the fact that separation was occuring in 2014 and the cages were built for that exact purpose it is the 6 weeks of a policy that truly matters here

Let me ask you morons something....where are these kids going right now? This is such a human rights crisis that there is literally nothing being done. If it was a priority we would see an immediate response to help those children but we don't. We see excuse after excuse and finger pointing at trump for a 6 week policy that was out in place and rescinded in 2018. That's three years ago if you are having trouble counting.

You partisan tools don't give a shit about kids or brown people. ****ing hypocrites
Pretty hard to claim moral superiority when the child separation policy started under Trump.

And keeping these kids in pods is far from ideal. Actually it downright sucks. But Trump left the border a mess. He closed centers to house kids and left the border cupboards bare. Nobody could fix the mess he created in just 2 months.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
So let me get this straight— when a political party raises (and yes. “Loudly”) that they disagree with a policy, then they are responsible for any and all negative repercussions of that policy because they have brought attention to it? Wow-

It is the GOP telling everyone that the border is open. I would say that it almost seems like the Rs want a surge, but lets be honest. There is no "seems" about it. Rs want the border flooded. Nothing would make them happier.

That is a simple right wing cop out Mepo. Total bullshit answer.
Today you will tell me the legislators job is to represent his/her constituents. What are “ our best interests” when we cannot decide what they are? My Senators certainly hardly ever Rep my best interests...
I disagree with you Mepo..it certainly is your job to express your desires to your representatives..after all, they represent you. Do you really want a dim bulb like Joni or an over the hill old fart like Chuck acting on your behalf....I certainly do not.
Sorry, not a right winger. Yes, our concerns should be voiced to our reps, however, it’s been a problem for both sides for a long time. So they’re already familiar with the situation.

It is the GOP telling everyone that the border is open. I would say that it almost seems like the Rs want a surge, but lets be honest. There is no "seems" about it. Rs want the border flooded. Nothing would make them happier.
Yet when interviewed the immigrants say Biden will take care of them. Someone back home is telling them this. Neither side is doing a good job of saying it’s not open and you’ll face consequences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT