ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 champs

Capital1Hawk

HR All-American
Jan 23, 2007
Used all of our mojo in Indy. Still would have rather won BTT and lose 1st round then lose tourney and make sweet 16. It happens. MSU did that a while back and lost 1st round as a 2 seed.

Missed 2nd half was at kids game and can’t bring myself to watch it knowing we stunk up the joint. Could tell in first half we were off and not playing like usual. Problem of being a Hawk fan; Can’t get too high or too low. Oh well great run while it lasted.

Conference tournaments should be eliminated. The best teams in the conference end up playing deep into the tournament — for some meaningless *tournament* championship (not to be confused with conference championship) — only to be unrested come NCAAs. There is literally no reason to hold a conference tournament other than to make money. If you want a way to award an automatic bid, just give it to the conference champion. That’s much more meaningful than the tournament champion anyway.

Not Big Ten Champs.

Big Ten Tournament Champs.

Happy for Keegan to get some hardware (he deserves it) but let's not make it something it isn't. The B1G Championship is won over 3 grueling months -the BTT on a lucky ass bank shot in a weekend.
Life must be very disappointing for you.

Good luck in the future.

Life must be very disappointing for you.

Good luck in the future.
Lol

I'm happy you could replace your 2018 2k tourney champs t shirt with a BTT T.

You're winning, baby!!! Fran rocks!!!!

If he could only have more sons....

lol

Used all of our mojo in Indy. Still would have rather won BTT and lose 1st round then lose tourney and make sweet 16. It happens. MSU did that a while back and lost 1st round as a 2 seed.

Missed 2nd half was at kids game and can’t bring myself to watch it knowing we stunk up the joint. Could tell in first half we were off and not playing like usual. Problem of being a Hawk fan; Can’t get too high or too low. Oh well great run while it lasted.
Iowa got down 6 right out of the gate in the 2nd half, then went on an 11-0 run to talk a 5 point lead. Richmond called a TO, then went on their own 11-0 run to back up 6. Iowa got as close as 1 point ( I think) but could never get over the hump.

I'll take a regular season title and S16 run or better, every day and Sunday too.

I'm in the minority here but I like the BTT championship a lot - maybe better than the Sweet 16.

It' a great accomplishment that shouldn't be diminished.
You know its funny... Talk to some people and they were tired of the Hawks getting bounced by Friday in the BTT... then they win it and it doesnt matter. All about the S16. First round exit is never ideal but getting there this year was the goal for a lot of people in Nov of 2021... If they were and 8/9 seed and lost, would it had made anything all better? No. There is no pleasing certain fans.

You know its funny... Talk to some people and they were tired of the Hawks getting bounced by Friday in the BTT... then they win it and it doesnt matter. All about the S16. First round exit is never ideal but getting there this year was the goal for a lot of people in Nov of 2021... If they were and 8/9 seed and lost, would it had made anything all better? No. There is no pleasing certain fans.
Expectations can change during the season. Most people didn’t see keegan going from 8ppg to 23ppg. Most wouldn’t have seen perkins taking the huge strides he did. Im hopeful Fran can somehow figure out how to get over the hump in the NCAA tourney. He found a way to do that in the BTT this year after no previous success. In fact they won more games this yr in the BTT than the other 11 years in his tenure combined, so I guess there’s still hope!

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Fans used to blame B1G exits on the fact that they didn't have a tournament to "sharpen" their game getting ready for the Dance. Now they are worn out.

Whatever.

Bro, what? I would go winless in the B10 tournament for the next 10 years if it just brought us one sweet 16. It’s a glorified exhibition. It’s meaningless.

Reactions: jhawk23
What he said is a fact. There's no denying it. We did NOT win the BIG. We won the tournament, and it was a great run, but we finished in a 3 way tie for 4th place......
Okay. But it doesn't diminish what this team did accomplish compared to expectations. Some of you need a little perspective. Think back to your preseason predictions and what this team accomplished. While I hated the way it ended, I know I am still thrilled with the season. Iowa finished 26-11. Most wins for an Iowa team since Davis's first year, and he did it with a team picked to finish 9th or worse.

Reactions: CAhawki
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT