ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Media Rights Deal announced....80-100m per school

Maybe he puts his family above the rest. He has kids in school. He has already made enough money he wouldn't have to work any more. They love him in Ames. He seems like he would be a great Dad so I can see him wanting to stay and keep his kids there until through school.
Matty is stuck in Ames and I agree, maybe he's fine with that.

$4M a year goes a long ways in Ames Iowa.

No pressure to win seems like a dream job.

It's my opinion that there is no longer a group of 5. It's really a group of four because the membership in the PAC 12 /10 is fractured. The Cal, Standford, Oregon, and Washington are not interested in the Big XII and that leaves Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado that are in the Big 12 corner. Oregon State and Washington State probably have figured out that they are Mountain West candidates. The Big XII survives but the media rights are not going to be based on football. Most likely Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN will want the Big XII for men's and women's basketball.

It will be interesting to watch how the Big XII tries to sell their football and basketball games. On Saturday's the OTA games for football and basketball will be dominated by the SEC and Big Ten. ABC will probably carry an SEC game in the 2:30 slot and/or the 7:00pm slot. It seems that Big XII football games would land primarily on ESPNU or ESPN2. I don't see ESPN Disney being able to generate the advertising dollars to pay a lot for the football games. If CBS, Fox, or NBC want programming for their other cable channels the likely hood of a bit higher media payout is possible. There is a diluted audience for those football secondary games on cable channels. Basketball provides a lot more games to broadcast on more nights so that is where the value is at for the networks.

It is my opinion that athletes will become employees of the University they attend and also be able to get NIL money. When you have two conferences with more resources it creates a huge advantage. When an employer can pay more the pool of recruits is going to be more and the best coaches are going to follow the money. With transfer rules in place your going to see players transferring to higher paying programs in higher numbers. It's a new world.
Seems like a lot of people are talking about how it'll be the Power 4 if/when the Pac gets killed off, which is pretty silly. This thing is going to result in a Power 2. There's just no way the B1G and SEC are going to allow the Big 12 and ACC to exist on their level. I don't think there will be an "equal" voting structure among the four conferences moving ahead, especially if the pull of the NCAA continues to wither away, and I don't see there being equal access to whatever the playoff looks like in the future. Not saying I want it to happen. But given the massive disparity in $$$ and TV value that the B1G and SEC bring to the table, why would they split those things equally with the other two?

So.....when does the Big12 get the bad news?
Their new Commish is still making the rounds to the schools. Keeps harping on need to be fresh and appeal to younger crowd. Just seems like a bunch of jibberish to me. They gonna sign up with Tik Tok?

Don't know, but there would certainly be working conditions claims....
What a nightmare it will be.

I have a buddy who is a manager for a global manufacturer and he was telling me all the assorted work rules. He said if there is stuff laying in the middle of the shop floor and it doesn't belong there, such as waste, etc. He cannot touch it and help out. He has to call someone to have them come place the items in a waste bin or he will get grievances filed against him and then he has to go to the grievance meetings.

ADVERTISEMENT