ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Media Rights Deal announced....80-100m per school

This deal will absolutely choke out anyone outside the Big 2. I'm astonished at the $$$.

I think it takes 2-3 years before the full effects take hold, but what's left of the Pac12/Big12 will be a mere hiccup to the big programs and ND.

Watch the coaching movement next winter to see what's coming. Guys will be either running to the SEC/B1G, or taking jobs in the NFL.

This deal will absolutely choke out anyone outside the Big 2. I'm astonished at the $$$.
Not only the Money but the Television exposure. Man I would not want to be a Clown right now. In a few years this is going to really have a huge impact. They are headed to oblivion. I mean dude, they will be the largest fan base in the Missouri Valley. I wonder how that sits with UNI fans.

Not only the Money but the Television exposure. Man I would not want to be a Clown right now. In a few years this is going to really have a huge impact. They are headed to oblivion. I mean dude, they will be the largest fan base in the Missouri Valley. I wonder how that sits with UNI fans.
Definitely problems ahead. We'll know more when we see just how far back the tv deals are for the Pac12 and Big 12. If it's ONLY $40m -$45M per school... the end result is inevitable.

I think it takes 2-3 years before the full effects take hold, but what's left of the Pac12/Big12 will be a mere hiccup to the big programs and ND.

Watch the coaching movement next winter to see what's coming. Guys will be either running to the SEC/B1G, or taking jobs in the NFL.

Gotta feel bad for Clown U now and for their future!!! ;)

So the championship game is going to rotate on different networks. I kind of like it, except that Gus Johnson won’t be calling all of them now.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
This will make me so happy.

There’s only so much you can dump on the coaches and facilities with this money. The real game changer is when they figure out how to tie in NIL with all this money. They’ll figure out a way through a CBA to do so. Once the players are cut in, it’s game over for everyone not in a P2.

Gotta feel bad for Clown U now and for their future!!! ;)
Imagine how happy some schools must be that ND didn't join the B1G? The current setup will be bad for tier 2 programs like ISU, but would have been even worse if ND had joined and then pulled 1/2/3 teams from the Pac12.

Reactions: Franisdaman
There’s only so much you can dump on the coaches and facilities with this money. The real game changer is when they figure out how to tie in NIL with all this money. They’ll figure out a way through a CBA to do so. Once the players are cut in, it’s game over for everyone not in a P2.
Use the funds for infrastructure and salaries. USe donor money for NIL. FIxed.

Imagine how happy some schools must be that ND didn't join the B1G? The current setup will be bad for tier 2 programs like ISU, but would have been even worse if ND had joined and then pulled 1/2/3 teams from the Pac12.
I think ND is in eventually. If ND joined it would be 120 million per school

Reactions: IAGuy
18bigten-tvdeal1-superJumbo.png

Reactions: IAGuy

Schools, right now, can give almost $6,000 to kids who get good grades.

Football players have already met with Kevin Warren on how to share TV revenue.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
I think ND is in eventually. If ND joined it would be 120 million per school
Estimates are that ND will get $75M - $80M from NBC. With a little extra revenue from other sources, that's probably enough for ND to stay where they are.

TV exposure will be a problem for the other conferences, because the most important thing is getting on the main OTA channels. ABC is probably going to do a ton of SEC, and the Big 10 just locked up 3 different OTA channels. That's the big problem.

That said, TV exposure for the middle/bottom of the Big 10 is also going to be a major problem for those teams. It's those 3 big games each week, then if you're a team like Purdue or Indiana you're going to buried on BTN overflow channels or Peacock for 75% of your games.

Estimates are that ND will get $75M - $80M from NBC. With a little extra revenue from other sources, that's probably enough for ND to stay where they are.
Yep - money is essentially a wash for ND. Access to the CFP is probably the only thing that'll force their hand.

Reactions: MitchLL
I'm hoping some of the windfall goes to budgets for other sports. Wrestling, women's basketball, baseball, track, softball.
That seems very likely. Football programs are expensive to run, but after a while $100M/year is more than you can spend.

First on my list would be to replace the South endzone to mirror the North. I know the South was recently renovated, but just take the L and move on.

Last edited:
That said, TV exposure for the middle/bottom of the Big 10 is also going to be a major problem for those teams. It's those 3 big games each week, then if you're a team like Purdue or Indiana you're going to buried on BTN overflow channels or Peacock for 75% of your games.

This is simply not true. There are going to be a total of 8 games only on Peacock, plus the NBC simulcast. The only games on BTN overflow channels are early season OOC stinkers.

Purdue or Indiana will probably see 2 games a year in this situation. 16%, not 75%.

They will see a good bit of BTN and FS1 games. Both of which are waaaay better than B12 games being lost on ESPN+ along with division III soccer.

This is simply not true. There are going to be a total of 8 games only on Peacock, plus the NBC simulcast. The only games on BTN overflow channels are early season OOC stinkers.

Purdue or Indiana will probably see 2 games a year in this situation. 16%, not 75%.

They will see a good bit of BTN and FS1 games. Both of which are waaaay better than B12 games being lost on ESPN+ along with division III soccer.
And at any rate they will be laughing all the way to the bank with all that $$$$$$. Clone fans still trying to find buts with it.
Make Money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Purdue or Indiana you're going to buried on BTN overflow channels or Peacock for 75% of your games.
Simply NOT TRUE. Look I get it. It's extremely upsetting for you to face massive headwinds. I highly doubt you could muster up anything positive about this new reality for you. I'd probably be a Debbie downer and look for any possible negative thing to say. Either WAY, I'm pretty sure Indiana and Purdue fans are ecstatic over the mountain of money that is coming their way. Peacock only gets 8 games a year exclusively. Also, BTN overflow is used for OOC games. Nice try. It's already hard to find the Clowns on TV. Going forward, once OK and TX leave, ISU will be even harder to find, which is nothing but a good thing for Iowa fans. This state is headed rapidly towards a state with 1 power conference team. That can only be good for the Hawkeyeyes.

TV exposure will be a problem for the other conferences, because the most important thing is getting on the main OTA channels. ABC is probably going to do a ton of SEC, and the Big 10 just locked up 3 different OTA channels. That's the big problem.

I Screwed Up.

Having ISU lose P5 status is a win for Iowa, having 2 P5s in a small pop State has hurt Iowa and quite frankly besides basketball and wrestling ISU is embarrassing and Iowa should have pulled the pacifier long ago .

This will obviously strengthen the football program but think what this will do for basketball, baseball, wrestling, volleyball and so on. To not run at deficit and be able to increase budget is going to allow all athletic programs to expand.

I know a lot of my SEC friends are jealous of the B1G right now. The B1G can now have games on Fox, NBC, CBS, FS1, B1G Network, and Peacock. That is insane exposure. All those networks will be marketing the B1G. The SEC just has the ESPN/ABC networks that are all owned by the same media group. The B1G is a coast to coast conference that can put games in all 4 college football media windows.

Simply NOT TRUE. Look I get it. It's extremely upsetting for you to face massive headwinds. I highly doubt you could muster up anything positive about this new reality for you. I'd probably be a Debbie downer and look for any possible negative thing to say. Either WAY, I'm pretty sure Indiana and Purdue fans are ecstatic over the mountain of money that is coming their way. Peacock only gets 8 games a year exclusively. Also, BTN overflow is used for OOC games. Nice try. It's already hard to find the Clowns on TV. Going forward, once OK and TX leave, ISU will be even harder to find, which is nothing but a good thing for Iowa fans. This state is headed rapidly towards a state with 1 power conference team. That can only be good for the Hawkeyeyes.

It's not hard to find ISU games now - They are basically on ESPN networks with one game on ESPN+.

Sounds like that'll be the case with the mid-bottom Big Ten teams. I was wrong about that.

It's not good for ISU. How bad it is, I'm not sure yet.

What is your moniker over on clown fanatic? This is a regurgitation of what I have read over there. And equally not true. And yes I am following the realignment thread over there. It's interesting reading and exceptionally entertaining. The panic is palpable and there is some outrageous dung being flung over there.

Reactions: MitchLL
ISU had two ESPN+ games last year, and already has two scheduled for this year.

ADVERTISEMENT