ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 points from transfers/retirees

;) yeah I am sure it went just like that
Btw the Berge thing isn’t a big deal. suriano is the only one that doesn’t seem right. But it is the rules, so deal with it. We can do the same things, however I feel and my opinion bc this is a message board (my thoughts, the way I see it, again this is a message board) I could keep going….that our coaches do what’s best for our current athletes and would never do a semester rental. Not all do that.

PSU wrestling has a way of making themselves look dirty. From Bubba, to Long, to stockpiling top 10 p4p recruits long before NIL, to recruiting over Beard, to mid season transfers, to ties with PED Treigning Lab….when do we find out about the Russian Oligarch’s? 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Mendoza77
To put it in another way, if Spencer Lee came out today and said I am retiring due to my bad knees, then I doubt Iowa fans would see anything wrong if in December 2022, he decided to come back to Iowa for one last run at a NCAA championship.
If he left to coach, and came back, that's a transfer. You don't just get to decide what the term "transfer" means now.

I can see the interview now…..
‘Tell us how you ended up there’
‘Well they didn’t have any good options’
‘And then?’
‘I was happy coaching but I thought, it’s just a semester and I got some good cash out of the deal’

about as likely as high school athletes putting out a highlight tape where they don’t look great.

I break transfers down to 2 kinds. One kind are guys that are not proven mid to high AA that go elsewhere because they think they can be their best there. These are typically longer than 1 year deals. Desanto and Lugo fit here. The second kind have already established themselves as high end college wrestlers. Eierman is here as is Dean, Hildebrandt, Suriano, Wick. A top recruit like Kerk would be here even if he just redshirted before as that level of recruit is considered AA level. In this group you can break it down further to mercenary types who come in for part of a year and that's it,
examples Suriano and Hildebrandt. Berge was already there so I don't see that as the same. Turk basically left to do something else and decided to give it another go too.

I break transfers down to 2 kinds. One kind are guys that are not proven mid to high AA that go elsewhere because they think they can be their best there. These are typically longer than 1 year deals. Desanto and Lugo fit here. The second kind have already established themselves as high end college wrestlers. Eierman is here as is Dean, Hildebrandt, Suriano, Wick. A top recruit like Kerk would be here even if he just redshirted before as that level of recruit is considered AA level. In this group you can break it down further to mercenary types who come in for part of a year and that's it,
examples Suriano and Hildebrandt. Berge was already there so I don't see that as the same. Turk basically left to do something else and decided to give it another go too.
didn't Turk do a military requirement before coming back? kind of blurry lines there MVP. Berge left and came back.

Eierman was a grad transfer that got an extra year
Dean wrestled for 2 years at Cornell, redshirted, didn't wrestle due to Ivy's not wrestling, then transferred.

didn't Turk do a military requirement before coming back? kind of blurry lines there MVP. Berge left and came back.

Dean wrestled for 2 years at Cornell, redshirted, didn't wrestle due to Ivy's not wrestling, then transferred.
I know the circumstances of Eierman and Dean before they transferred. They were both still established high AA wrestlers before transferring. Turk did some military thing but I don't know whether or not it was required, doesn't seem likely it was required but Berge wrestling for the same team he did the year before is not much of a transfer and l'm far from a PSU apologist.

Reactions: Boomhawk52
I know the circumstances of Eierman and Dean before they transferred. They were both still established high AA wrestlers before transferring. Turk did some military thing but I don't know whether or not it was required, doesn't seem likely it was required but Berge wrestling for the same team he did the year before is not much of a transfer and l'm far from a PSU apologist.
Agree, I’m actually happy he is wrestling well given his medical past. Let’s just hope he doesn’t get hurt more… but stills loses at nationals

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
ya'll are arguing semantics over the term transfer. Berge was not on the PSU roster at the beginning of the year. Barraclough and Negron (and probably a few others) were led to believe they'd be competing with each other for the 157 spot. They didn't expect Berge to un-retire and leave his college coaching job mid season to take their spot.

Guys transferring isn't that big of a deal, rosters turnover between seasons all the time. Mid-season transfers, or additions to a roster or however you want to look at it shouldn't be allowed. Turk came back before the season started everyone was on a level playing field - vastly different situation.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
If he left to coach, and came back, that's a transfer. You don't just get to decide what the term "transfer" means now.

Ok. guys. It's literally NOT a transfer. He would have to have joined another educational institution as a STUDENT in order for it to be a transfer.

It's no different than Turk leaving to join the military. Berge entered the workforce, he wasn't a student at SDSU. He's not a transfer.

Ok. guys. It's literally NOT a transfer. He would have to have joined another educational institution as a STUDENT in order for it to be a transfer.

It's no different than Turk leaving to join the military. Berge entered the workforce, he wasn't a student at SDSU. He's not a transfer.
Re-enroll. End of convo on Berge

Agree - he’s a mercenary like the 25 pounder.

Military requirement? I was under the impression he spent a single year in military. How does that work?

No. not "like" the 25 pounder. He retired due to injuries, went into the real world. Decided he'd give it one more go and RE-ENROLL at the only academic institution that he's ever been a student at.
Wonder if he would have got the itch to give it one more go if Carr and wick had transferred in???

PSU wrestling has a way of making themselves look dirty. From Bubba, to Long, to stockpiling top 10 p4p recruits long before NIL, to recruiting over Beard, to mid season transfers, to ties with PED Treigning Lab….when do we find out about the Russian Oligarch’s? 😂😂😂
Bubba has said again and again that he was the one in the wrong, not Cael. So there’s that.
PED training lab? Please, do tell. Seems that’s a secret only you know of?

Reactions: PSUer1989
TnT got PD3 in the room just not on the mat. Not from lack of evert on TnT part. Just couldn't dot the i or cross the t. Sometimes you just have to admit Cael is better at some things. It's not cheating if it's allowed. Saying TnT would never do that is just ridiculous.
The only effort was from pd3. Brands said do xyz and we'll give you a chance. He didn't get it done.

Bubba has said again and again that he was the one in the wrong, not Cael. So there’s that.
PED training lab? Please, do tell. Seems that’s a secret only you know of?
I heard it straight from Bubba in an interview after winning NCAA’s…PSU wouldn’t give him his red shirt and Carl’s favoritism towards Taylor was clear day 1 so basically Bubba was run out.

Treigning Lab and PSU wrestling? Really??….you should get out more.
Magic Man at Treigning Lab
Bo Nickal and Treigning Lab
Anthony Cassar and Treigning Lab

Last edited:
I was under the impression Homicide was not allowed in D 1 wrestling. Guess I'll have to check the rulebook.
3687_h_0.png

I heard it straight from Bubba in an interview after winning NCAA’s…PSU wouldn’t give him his red shirt and Carl’s favoritism towards Taylor was clear day 1 so basically Bubba was run out.

Treigning Lab and PSU wrestling? Really??….you should get out more.
Magic Man at Treigning Lab
Bo Nickal and Treigning Lab
Anthony Cassar and Treigning Lab
Yes… immediately after NCAA’s he did say that. Many times in the years since he’s changed his opinion of both the situation and of Coach Sanderson.
Yes… please tell me more about this lab that produces national champions.

TnT got PD3 in the room just not on the mat. Not from lack of evert on TnT part. Just couldn't dot the i or cross the t. Sometimes you just have to admit Cael is better at some things. It's not cheating if it's allowed. Saying TnT would never do that is just ridiculous.
And I appreciated the effort it took and their desire to put the best team on the mat.

Yes… immediately after NCAA’s he did say that. Many times in the years since he’s changed his opinion of both the situation and of Coach Sanderson.
Yes… please tell me more about this lab that produces national champions.
It’s where a lot of wrestlers and MMA guys go to workout with Sam Calavitta and utilize his PED regimen.

ADVERTISEMENT