ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 official says Nebraska would be welcomed back to conference with ‘open arms’

Here are Desmond Howard's comments in full.

As you will see, he wants Nebraska to PUBLICLY apologize to Kevin Warren & to the Big Ten or get the hell out.

Watch:

The rest of the Big 10 reminds me of Kevin Bacon in Animal House..drop your pants, bend over, and repeatedly say "Thank you Sir may I have another".
Huh? Bwhahahhahahaha.....

The only school doing any bending over has been debraska.....oh, and Rutgers. One in the same, basically.

Enjoy losing out on recruiting with not playing a season! At least Nebraska has the balls to try and play ball this year, not just a bunch of yes men. Iowa voted to play, then came along Mr. Warren and Iowa tucked their tails between their legs! Later Losers!!:D:D
true. huskers still suck.

If I remember correctly, members of the Big Ten Academic Alliance receive more money in research dollars than they do from their athletic department revenues. That seems significant if your are (allegedly) interested in higher education and academic excellence.

Did the big 12 shoot itself in the foot by a conference offical allegedly saying, "we would welcome them back with open arms"? To me that sounds like tampering.

Let them go. They hurt academics and surely don’t help in sports. I agree with the thought simply a bad marriage. Plus ISU needs a “rival” it may actually beat. I do like ISU fans thinking “they” could keep Nebbie from joining. I mean Nebbie is a “has been” but ISU is a “never was never will ever be.”

Kudos nebby, in few short days your national prestige and reputation has taken a serious public relations hit. You got many in the media reminding the entire county how petty and insignificant you are.

Carry on Frosty, you don't think that recruits aren't hearing all of the media replies, well guess again oh whiney one.

Reactions: redghost1974
Frosty is tired of losing to B1g schools. Nebby brings nothing but their "glory days" from the last century.

Let them go ASAP. I'm sure Kansas and ISU would welcome an easy game to their schedules.

Reactions: bozotheclown
I think if it was a reality and people were thinking about it rationally, the fans would be pretty excited across the Big 12 to add them. The stability and tv content for the league would be great.

Its easy to make statements about not wanting them if its not a high probability of happening.

You mean the stability of a school that will leave your conference for another and then go against that conference ruling and say they're going to play anyway?

Or is it the stability of a school whose AD fires a coach because they lost to Iowa only to hire a coach with far worse results than just losing to Iowa?

Trying to figure out the stability angle here..

Don't you have a team to go root for...oh wait...that's right, Mr. Warren told you, you can't. Have fun watching the home and gardening channel this fall! ;)
Its absolutely hilarious now isn't it? All your spunk and bragging, and now your not doing shit, just like we all said yesterday. Dumb asses.....

Its absolutely hilarious now isn't it? All your spunk and bragging, and now your not doing shit, just like we all said yesterday. Dumb asses.....
What's hilarious is Iowa having to send players parents to do what their Coach, AD, and President didn't have the balls to do...pathetic!

Reactions: HuskerBrew515
What’s pathetic is u running to a Hawk board as a Husker fan. You should just be happy u avoided another losing season. Nebbie is definitely a cultural fit in the Big 12. I must say I am a bit surprised at how bad their football program has become.

What's hilarious is Iowa having to send players parents to do what their Coach, AD, and President didn't have the balls to do...pathetic!
You really are clueless aren't you? Iowa's coaches , AD and president have been for, and still are for playing and have said so publicly. Unfortunately they do have to tread the company line when it comes to the BIG. Its a conference, smart guy, and one thats ALWAYS stuck together in solidarity, unlike the dumb asses in the big 12 or whatever they call themselves now. Yes OSU has been more vocal then Iowa on this subject because they (unlike you bugeaters) have the cred to give the league office pause. Unfortunately even that won't be enough because in the end OSU understands the strength of the BIG has always been in its solidarity unlike the Texas ten, that your more familiar with. While I applaud the parents for their efforts, I doubt this will amount to much in the long run.

You really are clueless aren't you? Iowa's coaches , AD and president have been for, and still are for playing and have said so publicly. Unfortunately they do have to tread the company line when it comes to the BIG. Its a conference, smart guy, and one thats ALWAYS stuck together in solidarity, unlike the dumb asses in the big 12 or whatever they call themselves now. Yes OSU has been more vocal then Iowa on this subject because they (unlike you bugeaters) have the cred to give the league office pause. Unfortunately even that won't be enough because in the end OSU understands the strength of the BIG has always been in its solidarity unlike the Texas ten, that your more familiar with. While I applaud the parents for their efforts, I doubt this will amount to much in the long run.
Solidarity? More like a herd of sheep following Warren off the cliff...dumb asses.

Kevin Warren is a clueless, incompetent fool that simply doesn’t get its constituency! Anyway you cut, what a PR cluster for the conference and it’s members. What a fart! Why commit suicide now when you can always do it next month?!!! This is what happens when you bring outsiders that don’t get the BIG10! Wilbon can go jump off a cliff, what a clueless pompous ass!! Sheesh! Desmond Coward has NOT rendered a single coherent, valid, and articulate opinion in his entire career! How he has a job shows the competence of his network. Enough said.

Go to the Big 12. You may have a rival in ISU you can beat. You are dragging down academics and each year are the most overrated team in the P5. It was a bad marriage. Take your 90’s ball and go home. Isn’t hard to win in the Big 12. You fit right in with no defense.

Solidarity? More like a herd of sheep following Warren off the cliff...dumb asses.
And yet that type of solidarity has led the BIG to being the leader in growing revenue for their schools and national respect as academic leaders. Something you knew absolutely nothing about as a member of the Texas ten. But by all means feel free to return to your roots when Nebraska was all that and a bag of nuts. (Now your just the bag of nuts). Evidently the ten would welcome you back with open arms. Please feel free to let us know here, if you'd like help packing......

And yet that type of solidarity has led the BIG to being the leader in growing revenue for their schools and national respect as academic leaders. Something you knew absolutely nothing about as a member of the Texas ten. But by all means feel free to return to your roots when Nebraska was all that and a bag of nuts. (Now your just the bag of nuts). Evidently the ten would welcome you back with open arms. Please feel free to let us know here, if you'd like help packing......
It would be refreshing to get away from a conference that has a MAJOR scandal every other month...yeah quite the respected conference.

Is there a tampering rule between schools and conferences?
If a conference official said that, he's out of his mind. Whether he's out of bounds from any other perspective is largely irrelevant.

Turns out the vote was 8-6 and not 12-2. Really feeling the solidarity there.

If a conference official said that, he's out of his mind. Whether he's out of bounds from any other perspective is largely irrelevant.
no, I was curious if there are tampering rules between conferences. Not speaking of this particular situation, just curious on rules that conferences have to follow when wooing a potential new team from another conference

no, I was curious if there are tampering rules between conferences. Not speaking of this particular situation, just curious on rules that conferences have to follow when wooing a potential new team from another conference
I don't think so. I never heard anything like that when Missouri, Nebraska and Colorado were dickering to leave the Big 8/12. But let me hasten to say I have no real knowledge of whether there are rules or not.

kNebby needs to be removed from the B1G athletically because they are are not part of the research consortium. That is the MAIN purpose of the B1G, sports is just a side effect.

I personally don't care if Debbie goes back to the Big 12 or stays in the Big 10. They haven't offered the big 10 much since joining, and lets face it, they are never going to win the big 10 unless they can field a top 30 defense, and there are no signs that they have, or will be capable of doing that. Hell, they most likely can not win the Big west without a top 30 defense. Now, they don't have to play great defense to compete in the big 12, so they are probably a better fit there.

Reactions: David1979
BLAH BLAH BLAH...we've both each been to one B1G championship game since we arrived. Anything else means you are just as relevant as us. Except you know, for the history of each others programs, but i digress :cool:

Minnesota has more championships than you.

At least we're trying to play. Come back when your University grows a pair, until then just sit there and be good little boys until Mr. Warren says it's OK to go and play with the big boys ;)

Oh great another skirt fan that thinks it is still 1997 and Nebraska is a “big boy”. How is your Apex jacket holding up? Have you heard about the new invention of DVR’s and “streaming” or are you still using your VCR?

I couldn't care less what Nebraska does. Remove Rutgers while they are at it. Then at least we would get to play the teams in the East like Michigan more often.

Nebbie is still relevant just not any good. UCLA is still a “name” in hoops but no good either. Nebbie has a large fanbase although my guess is it is shrinking. If the Frost experiment doesn’t work not sure where they go next. I really think they should join the Big 12. At least win some games cause the bleeding won’t stop with Iowa, Wisconsin and now Minny. I don’t like Fleck but he is way better than Frost and Matty C. Well for sure better than Campbell as Frost least has won at the D1 level.

ADVERTISEMENT