ADVERTISEMENT

Big 2 Little 12

It is becoming apparent that the Big 10 has become the Big 2 and Little 12 just like the old days. I can’t see any other teams able to come close to these two teams. Way too much talent and depth. Iowa is now a 29 1/2 point underdog. When was the last time this has happened?
Man...that's bad...

I think kirks game in 1999 vs. nebraska was the last spread that large.
I was at that game and I think the D held nebraska to 7 points in the first half. The final score was something like 49-7.

Last edited:
Penn St is really struggling to keep up and take the next step under Franklin. Doesn't help Wisconsin, MSU and Iowa are all having terrible years and seem to be regressing. USC and UCLA will be joining the B1G at a good time. I do think teams like Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Maryland are doing their part for the conference right now. Not their fault Iowa, Wisconsin and MSU are taking a dump this year.

It is becoming apparent that the Big 10 has become the Big 2 and Little 12 just like the old days. I can’t see any other teams able to come close to these two teams. Way too much talent and depth. Iowa is now a 29 1/2 point underdog. When was the last time this has happened?
i dont know if you know or not but iowa won 10 game last year
and we've won quite a few since we started the east/west

:)

Probably very close to the line of the 2017 game.......Not looking for a similar outcome though.....

Sometimes I feel like I would rather see the super heavy weights of College football like the tOSU's, Alabama's and the other big boys would go forward and form their own super league. Personally, even though the Big West is not as good as the Big East, I would rather watch them play as there games are almost always competitive. NIL is only going to make the gap between the super elites wider and the games less competitive in the future.

Sometimes I feel like I would rather see the super heavy weights of College football like the tOSU's, Alabama's and the other big boys would go forward and form their own super league. Personally, even though the Big West is not as good as the Big East, I would rather watch them play as there games are almost always competitive. NIL is only going to make the gap between the super elites wider and the games less competitive in the future.
I have had similar thoughts. Those programs are not about getting an education, it is a pay- for-play scenario. Minor league for the pros.

It was going on before, just under the table.

I have had similar thoughts. Those programs are not about getting an education, it is a pay- for-play scenario. Minor league for the pros.

It was going on before, just under the table.
Maybe college football should split and have one group that allows NIL and the other does not. I would be curious to know how many schools would prefer to go without the NIL.

I’m not sure what is the state of Michigans’ NIL program. If it’s poor, OSU will be alone at the top in the talent poor Bigten.

This is what I think should happen as well. You could call it the super cheaters league. Where anything goes. No classes,NIL up the ying yang. Sponsored by NIKE. Iowa and other 2nd tier teams governed by a body other than the NCAA,that enforces rules that everyone must follow. I know,its a dream.

What I find frustrating is there is very little difference in quality of programs between SD ST and Iowa. Iowa has much greater resources,yet we barely beat them at Home!

Reactions: scotthawk1964
This is what I think should happen as well. You could call it the super cheaters league. Where anything goes. No classes,NIL up the ying yang. Sponsored by NIKE. Iowa and other 2nd tier teams governed by a body other than the NCAA,that enforces rules that everyone must follow. I know,its a dream.

What I find frustrating is there is very little difference in quality of programs between SD ST and Iowa. Iowa has much greater resources,yet we barely beat them at Home!
I understand the thinking but then the so called new 2nd tier group of teams will sift out and there will be a group of 4 or 5 teams maybe 10 that will be the cream of the crop for that level. That is just the way of things.

Also, why drop down a level and lose out on TV money

NIL is and will have profound ramifications in recruiting unless some brakes are put on it. Colleges and boosters helping to arrange huge $$$ NIL deals for high schoolers is crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ellobo
They said it was 1999 or 2000 Nebraska game.

It's kind of been like that for a long time, with tOSU and another team, usually from the East being the other team.

Reminds me of the old Big 12.

Like the Big 10 from 1966 to 1993 where Michigan and Ohio State combined for 30 titles and the rest of the schools combined had 9?

Like the Big 10 from 1966 to 1993 where Michigan and Ohio State combined for 30 titles and the rest of the schools combined had 9?
During those Hey Day years, didn't the Big teams usually go out to Rose Bowl and get pounded by Pac10 teams? Iowa certainly has had bad experiences in Rose Bowl games.

In today's environment, the media rates conferences based on teams they send to the 4-team playoffs.
The SEC has clearly dominated with LSU, Georgia, and Alabama winning National titles. Michigan
went to the playoffs last year and got pounded. OSU under Urban Meyers was a sometime contender...maybe their current coach keeps them at that level. No one but B1G West fans cares about teams like Minny, Iowa, Wisky that win the weak B1G west and then get chit-pounded in B1G title game by either OSU or Michigan.

During those Hey Day years, didn't the Big teams usually go out to Rose Bowl and get pounded by Pac10 teams? Iowa certainly has had bad experiences in Rose Bowl games.

In today's environment, the media rates conferences based on teams they send to the 4-team playoffs.
The SEC has clearly dominated with LSU, Georgia, and Alabama winning National titles. Michigan
went to the playoffs last year and got pounded. OSU under Urban Meyers was a sometime contender...maybe their current coach keeps them at that level. No one but B1G West fans cares about teams like Minny, Iowa, Wisky that win the weak B1G west and then get chit-pounded in B1G title game by either OSU or Michigan.
1993Michigan 38Washington 31
1992Washington 34Michigan 14
1991Washington 46Iowa 34
1990USC 17Michigan 10
1989Michigan 22USC 14
1988Michigan State 20USC 17
1987Arizona State 22Michigan 15
1986UCLA 45Iowa 28
1985USC 20Ohio State 17
1984UCLA 45Illinois 9
1983UCLA 24Michigan 14
1982Washington 28Iowa 0
1981Michigan 23Washington 6
1980USC 17Ohio State 16
1979USC 17Michigan 10
1978Washington 27Michigan 20
1977USC 14Michigan 6
1976UCLA 23Ohio State 10
1975USC 18Ohio State 17
1974Ohio State 42USC 21
1973USC 42Ohio State 17
1972Stanford 13Michigan 12
1971Stanford 27Ohio State 17
1970USC 10Michigan 3
1969Ohio State 27USC 16
1968USC 14Indiana 3
1967Purdue 14USC 13
1966UCLA 14Michigan State 12

Iowa is now a 29 1/2 point underdog. When was the last time this has happened?

I think kirks game in 1999 vs. nebraska was the last spread that large.
I was at that game and I think the D held nebraska to 7 points in the first half. The final score was something like 49-7.

They said it was 1999 or 2000 Nebraska game.

It's been 22 years since Iowa has been this big of an underdog (it was the 2000 Nebraska game).

Seriously? Big 2? HaHaHaHa. I have one question for some people on this board. Who's the WINNINGEST PROGRAM of all time and defending B1G champions? End of story - Michigan. There is only one team that matters in the B1G and they're about to turn the B1G into the big 1 and little 13
Well, until Michigan can do it consistently, and defeat tOSU on the field, your just prematurely ejaculating in your pants. The last time Michigan was consistently good you need to find a DeLorean with a functioning flux capacitor. Besides last year, you have to go back to 2004 to find a Michigan Big ten championship, and a championship they SHARED with Iowa I might add. To be quite honest for over the last decade, the Big has really been the big ONE and little 13. You sound like a Debbie fan LOL. Until last year the only thing Harbaugh had accomplished at Michigan was swimming and attending sleep over slumber parties with high school boys. Come see us in 10 years and we;ll see if Michigan has TRULY returned.

Well, until Michigan can do it consistently, and defeat tOSU on the field, your just prematurely ejaculating in your pants. The last time Michigan was consistently good you need to find a DeLorean with a functioning flux capacitor. Besides last year, you have to go back to 2004 to find a Michigan Big ten championship, and a championship they SHARED with Iowa I might add. To be quite honest for over the last decade, the Big has really been the big ONE and little 13. You sound like a Debbie fan LOL. Until last year the only thing Harbaugh had accomplished at Michigan was swimming and attending sleep over slumber parties with high school boys. Come see us in 10 years and we;ll see if Michigan has TRULY returned.
This without question.....

Quit living in the past. The Wolverines ARE defending B1G champs - NOW - end of story. There's a reason all of the NFL teams are after Harbaugh

I've been a Buckeye fan since the early 90s. tOSU has always been loaded but I don't ever remember having the talent advantage of present. Right now tOSU has more five star players than the rest of the conference combined. The Buckeyes have fourteen five star players the rest of the conference has nine. The next highest total is on PSU with three.

Quit living in the past. The Wolverines ARE defending B1G champs - NOW - end of story. There's a reason all of the NFL teams are after Harbaugh
Didn't Harbaugh attend an NFL job interview last year expecting it was a mere formality and the job was his, only to be told "thanks, but no thanks?" Doesn't sound like such a hot commodity to me.

Reactions: JStandefer
I've been a Buckeye fan since the early 90s. tOSU has always been loaded but I don't ever remember having the talent advantage of present. Right now tOSU has more five star players than the rest of the conference combined. The Buckeyes have fourteen five star players the rest of the conference has nine. The next highest total is on PSU with three.

OSU sucks

Yeah, ONE time since 2004, real impressive feat there that I am sure ALL of college football is doing backflips over. LMAO. So, I think with your attitude, we can all agree that unless Michigan defeats tOSU this year and repeats as Big champion, that last season was simply a fluke. :) What did it take Jim, 7 years to win a Big ten championship? Really impressive for a school with the most wins all time and yearly top 25 recruiting classes. Hell, it only to Kirk Ferentz 4 years at Iowa to win his first Big ten championship. LOL FWIW, You can keep slumber party Jim. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: preshlock
Seriously? Big 2? HaHaHaHa. I have one question for some people on this board. Who's the WINNINGEST PROGRAM of all time and defending B1G champions? End of story - Michigan. There is only one team that matters in the B1G and they're about to turn the B1G into the big 1 and little 13
Gonna be funny when Ohio State lays waste to your asses.

Michigan and Iowa both have two wins vs OSU in the last 17 seasons. Michigan is 2-15 against them and Iowa is 2-5.

Awful lot of red here Wolverine troll. Some rivalry. 😂

6xjh1m.jpg

You'll have a better chance of hitting the lottery than that happening. Do you even watch any CF? This year's Michigan team is probably the most dominant B1G team this century. Good God, get real !!!!

Look at this goof. tOSU has superior coaches and far superior players. Congrats on those huge wins against the 118th ranked schedule in country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT