ADVERTISEMENT

Big 2 Little 12

Look at this goof. tOSU has superior coaches and far superior players. Congrats on those huge wins against the 118th ranked schedule in country.
Did you watch mighty Michigan just destroy a powerful PSU team last week. That should tell you all you need to know about who is the best team in the country........it's the same team that has the most all-time wins - that's not arguable. Facts are facts

Did you watch mighty Michigan just destroy a powerful PSU team last week. That should tell you all you need to know about who is the best team in the country........it's the same team that has the most all-time wins - that's not arguable. Facts are facts
We know you will disappear from here when Ohio State runs you into the ground.

Reactions: preshlock
Please come back when the Bucks mop the field up with your boys.......

Reactions: scotthawk1964
You'll have a better chance of hitting the lottery than that happening. Do you even watch any CF? This year's Michigan team is probably the most dominant B1G team this century. Good God, get real !!!!
Didn't your parents teach not to sniff model glue and eat paint chips when you were a child? ;) How dominate is a team that only can beat a team that has ZERO offense by 13 pts? If that is dominant, then Michigan fans have set a really low bar for themselves. :)

You have to be the most delusional dipshit on the Internet

Reactions: preshlock
I’m not sure what is the state of Michigans’ NIL program. If it’s poor, OSU will be alone at the top in the talent poor Bigten.
FYI...

Michigan is completely (by miles) behind on NIL right now. It actually has many boosters/alumni/fans standing on a ledge. Don't get me wrong on one thing: The current players are getting paid and doing quite well. However, Michigan has refused to use it as a recruiting tool ("pay for play") beyond pointing out that current players are getting their money once here. Harbaugh is litteraly (publicly) saying we are "transformational and not transactional." Noble thought, but it's not working. Go take a look at our recruiting class this year. It's a flat out disaster for a team coming off a playoff birth that is now 7-0...will be our worst, besides a coaching transition year, in the 30 years I've followed recruiting.

So rest assured Hawkeye fans...Michigan is not only going to come back to the pack but might enter some dark years unless we get NIL turned around ...or CFB starts to regulate NIL so that it resembles what the intent was...pay players for what they've done and how their name, image and likeness has been used to earn money (for others) instead of just being a "legal" way of buying recruits.

Yeah...yeah...I know..."poor little rich kids"...Michigan is currently as deep (deeper) as they've been in the last 20+ years. But the cliff is coming in 2-3 years. I know it will bring you guys nothing but joy but if you guys are as moral as you think you should take note on how a program is trying to do "the right thing"...while also screwing themselves because others aren't.

Reactions: kmurp
Seriously? Big 2? HaHaHaHa. I have one question for some people on this board. Who's the WINNINGEST PROGRAM of all time and defending B1G champions? End of story - Michigan. There is only one team that matters in the B1G and they're about to turn the B1G into the big 1 and little 13
You're not a Michigan fan

Reactions: iahawks10
Penn St is really struggling to keep up and take the next step under Franklin. Doesn't help Wisconsin, MSU and Iowa are all having terrible years and seem to be regressing. USC and UCLA will be joining the B1G at a good time. I do think teams like Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Maryland are doing their part for the conference right now. Not their fault Iowa, Wisconsin and MSU are taking a dump this year.
Be careful, it may be more about “just this year”. We will be 7-8 in our last 15 games after Saturday. Outside of last year MSU has stunk in recent years. WI feared they were begin to fall behind so they fired Chryst.

Betting you’re a WalMart Wolverine too. I could also just randomly root for whatever school I choose.

Sometimes I feel like I would rather see the super heavy weights of College football like the tOSU's, Alabama's and the other big boys would go forward and form their own super league. Personally, even though the Big West is not as good as the Big East, I would rather watch them play as there games are almost always competitive. NIL is only going to make the gap between the super elites wider and the games less competitive in the future.

I have had similar thoughts. Those programs are not about getting an education, it is a pay- for-play scenario. Minor league for the pros.

It was going on before, just under the table.

Maybe college football should split and have one group that allows NIL and the other does not. I would be curious to know how many schools would prefer to go without the NIL.

There's no doubt it's not a level playing field. When the same teams have the top recruiting classes year after year they should (and usually do) dominate. It's not just NIL, this has been the case for decades. The issue is that you need good players to be top tier, but the good players go to the teams that are already top tier. That list of programs was mostly cemented in the 70's and it's not likely to change. Then throw in programs that are willing to cheat (not saying they all do, but we know many of them do) and the deal is sealed.

It's exactly why I don't understand why fans of all the "regular" programs give a crap about the NC. It's like getting worked up about the royal wedding or whether some actor got divorced. Who gives a crap? It's not our party, we're not invited...yet tons of you suckers follow that crap like puppy dogs...feeding their egos and their tills. It won't change until the football junkies can walk away from that part of college football. Let the popular crowd have their party and they can all pat themselves on the back for being great by beating teams over which they have a massive advantage. It's like a high school kid feeling tough because he beat up a middle schooler. It's not a great accomplishment to win a race with the superior car against people who don't realistically have an option to get that car.

When viewership of the playoffs and championship game are only the fans of the top 5 or so programs, things will change.

There's no doubt it's not a level playing field. When the same teams have the top recruiting classes year after year they should (and usually do) dominate. It's not just NIL, this has been the case for decades. The issue is that you need good players to be top tier, but the good players go to the teams that are already top tier. That list of programs was mostly cemented in the 70's and it's not likely to change. Then throw in programs that are willing to cheat (not saying they all do, but we know many of them do) and the deal is sealed.

It's exactly why I don't understand why fans of all the "regular" programs give a crap about the NC. It's like getting worked up about the royal wedding or whether some actor got divorced. Who gives a crap? It's not our party, we're not invited...yet tons of you suckers follow that crap like puppy dogs...feeding their egos and their tills. It won't change until the football junkies can walk away from that part of college football. Let the popular crowd have their party and they can all pat themselves on the back for being great by beating teams over which they have a massive advantage. It's like a high school kid feeling tough because he beat up a middle schooler. It's not a great accomplishment to win a race with the superior car against people who don't realistically have an option to get that car.

When viewership of the playoffs and championship game are only the fans of the top 5 or so programs, things will change.
Funny the lengths people go to lick their wounds or try making themselves feel better about their team.

• Haha
Reactions: Hwk-I-St8
How often has a team from West beat the eventual East champion during regular season?

Since everybody doesn’t play everybody good analysis is difficult.

No team from the West has ever won the title game and no team from the west has ever been on the playoff. The truth cannot be controversial.

Although I will be rooting for Michigan this year when they play OSU....I think they will get blown out. So, until they consistently take out OSU......it will be the BIG 1 and little 13. UGH!!

Although I will be rooting for Michigan this year when they play OSU....I think they will get blown out. So, until they consistently take out OSU......it will be the BIG 1 and little 13. UGH!!
Have you even watched Michigan this year? Did you see what they did to a powerful PSU team. No one - absolutely no one - can stop Jim and his boys. GO BLUE

I don’t watch. It’s basically a southern school tourney. For that matter the BB tourney exposes the Bigten as well but at least it’s not yet all SEC.

There’s really no excuse for PSU to be where they are. That should be a top 10-15 program every year. Extending Franklin was dumb.

Penn St is really struggling to keep up and take the next step under Franklin. Doesn't help Wisconsin, MSU and Iowa are all having terrible years and seem to be regressing. USC and UCLA will be joining the B1G at a good time. I do think teams like Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Maryland are doing their part for the conference right now. Not their fault Iowa, Wisconsin and MSU are taking a dump this year.
Ohio State has ridiculous talent as usual. Michigan isn't quite at that level overall, but appears to have jumped ahead of Penn State for now for second in the East (really, in the conference - the Big Ten has to get rid of divisions), but I expect Penn State to be back soon if the freshman class pans out. One thing I've noticed this year going back weeks is that officiating seems to be favoring Michigan like it did in the old days. Protecting the Game seems to be paramount this year. Illinois seems to be the best team in the West this year, and with Bielema I expect them to get even better in coming years. I'm hoping they can challenge this year as I'd like to see either of the big boys go down, but not sure there's enough offense there. Minnesota and Purdue are going to be fairly consistent, but probably challenge for the title every 5-10 years or so. Maryland, less frequently as long as divisions are in place. MSU is hard to read. Kenneth Walker III was huge for them last year. It feels like they may have gotten excited about the new coach too early. Not sure if Wisconsin will bounce back quickly or not. It's a shame Iowa can't get its offense figured out, because this is a good time to be in the West. If the USC-UCLA thing goes forward it will be interesting to see if either of them can challenge Ohio State's dominance. USC for sure can recruit at Ohio State levels or beyond. If UCLA gets to Oregon levels under Chip Kelly they'll be a force to reckon with as well.

Last edited:
This is what I think should happen as well. You could call it the super cheaters league. Where anything goes. No classes,NIL up the ying yang. Sponsored by NIKE. Iowa and other 2nd tier teams governed by a body other than the NCAA,that enforces rules that everyone must follow. I know,its a dream.

What I find frustrating is there is very little difference in quality of programs between SD ST and Iowa. Iowa has much greater resources,yet we barely beat them at Home!
SD State is #1 in FCS right now after beating North Dakota State. I'd say that is comparable to Top 25 in FBS. Iowa is probably Top 25 as a program, but is maybe Top 50 this year due to the offense, so it's not that bad of a win in context. If they played 10 times over 10 years I bet Iowa wins 9.

Seriously? Big 2? HaHaHaHa. I have one question for some people on this board. Who's the WINNINGEST PROGRAM of all time and defending B1G champions? End of story - Michigan. There is only one team that matters in the B1G and they're about to turn the B1G into the big 1 and little 13
Dream on meatchicken

Have you even watched Michigan this year? Did you see what they did to a powerful PSU team. No one - absolutely no one - can stop Jim and his boys. GO BLUE
I won't be surprised if Bret Bielema's Illini stop Michigan. Penn State got outcoached. I am not necessarily a big fan of Bielema's, but he he knows how to win in the Big Ten. Even if Illinois doesn't win and/or the refs step in to save The Game, Meatchicken will likely be so beat up they won't be able to keep up with an Ohio State team that has had this one circled since the click hit :00 in Ann Arbor last year.

I, for one, am dreading the USC/UCLA addition. Just two more teams that can put high powered offenses on the field. And with B1G money, they will be even more powerful. I just see Iowa falling further behind.

FYI...

Michigan is completely (by miles) behind on NIL right now. It actually has many boosters/alumni/fans standing on a ledge. Don't get me wrong on one thing: The current players are getting paid and doing quite well. However, Michigan has refused to use it as a recruiting tool ("pay for play") beyond pointing out that current players are getting their money once here. Harbaugh is litteraly (publicly) saying we are "transformational and not transactional." Noble thought, but it's not working. Go take a look at our recruiting class this year. It's a flat out disaster for a team coming off a playoff birth that is now 7-0...will be our worst, besides a coaching transition year, in the 30 years I've followed recruiting.

So rest assured Hawkeye fans...Michigan is not only going to come back to the pack but might enter some dark years unless we get NIL turned around ...or CFB starts to regulate NIL so that it resembles what the intent was...pay players for what they've done and how their name, image and likeness has been used to earn money (for others) instead of just being a "legal" way of buying recruits.

Yeah...yeah...I know..."poor little rich kids"...Michigan is currently as deep (deeper) as they've been in the last 20+ years. But the cliff is coming in 2-3 years. I know it will bring you guys nothing but joy but if you guys are as moral as you think you should take note on how a program is trying to do "the right thing"...while also screwing themselves because others aren't.
Thanks. That’s what I thought I had read online. This provides further confirmation. It’s hard to compete at an elite playoff level. I think especially if you’re not in the SEC. If your school isn’t big time invested in NIL, you can’t hope to be in that top 4-6 teams. The only teams in the Bigten that I’ve heard with NIL are OSU and Nebraska. Soon we can add USC to this.

Reactions: ellobo
Thanks. That’s what I thought I had read online. This provides further confirmation. It’s hard to compete at an elite playoff level. I think especially if you’re not in the SEC. If your school isn’t big time invested in NIL, you can’t hope to be in that top 4-6 teams. The only teams in the Bigten that I’ve heard with NIL are OSU and Nebraska. Soon we can add USC to this.
OSU has players with big-massive NIL deals, but like Michigan there are no huge NIL deals going out to recruits like TAMU, Tennessee, Miami and a few others. I have read that OSU is selling recruits that the money is there once they establish themselves and use Stroud, Henderson, Smith-Njigba and Marvin Harrison as examples as those kids are all well into 6-figure NIL deals. I've read that CJ Stroud is nearing 7 figures and has actually bought his teammates all kinds of stuff

Last edited:
OSU is 15 and 2 since 2004 vs michigan. Facts are facts.

Last edited:
It is becoming apparent that the Big 10 has become the Big 2 and Little 12 just like the old days. I can’t see any other teams able to come close to these two teams. Way too much talent and depth. Iowa is now a 29 1/2 point underdog. When was the last time this has happened?
Just a few years ago Michigan came in as a 20+ favorite at Kinnick. (Michigan lost that game)

ADVERTISEMENT