ADVERTISEMENT

Big COVID-19 waves may be coming, new Omicron strains suggest

New data? Weird. Have you read his “study”? Please point me to the data.

https://insulinresistance.org/index.php/jir/article/view/72/228

Definitely not a medical paper, but an opinion piece. Dude is a top controversial cardiologist self promoting his heart healthy diet books. He thinks statins should not be used to control cholesterol and that processed foods should be overtaxed. He’s not wrong (in my mind) but also not really living in reality.

Mild Covid infections are damaging your heart, lungs, brain and other organs REGARDLESS of vaccination status. It is looking like a cumulative and long-term risk. Studies on the damage to the heart from the vaccine show the same mechanism as damaged caused by a covid infection. If the vaccine damages you, chances are covid is doing the same thing to you but worse.

This site is easy to digest and goes over the current research.
https://www.longcovidlearning.org/

Did you know simply having covid increases your risk of dementia almost 100% in the first year after infection? It’s unheard of to identify a risk like they in such a short period of time. What will the five year risk look like on brain and heart health? It’s absolutely terrifying to think about.

And people want to blame all these problems we are seeing on the vaccine, or, on the other hand people who think they have had the vaccine so it’s nothing to worry about now, are ignoring a major problem that is right under our noses. Covid is fugging up your body whether you realize it or not, and repeat infection is having a cumulative effect which is going to be bad news for younger populations. Early signal research is pointing towards a catastrophic public health nightmare.
I’m like, statins aren’t great….and shit food should be taxed at a higher rate

lol...I barely remember that, since it was so long ago.
We were right in the beginning...flatten the curve. Once we had hospital capacity, which was achieved back in 2020, then we should have pulled back on the restrictions and mandates. But, 'flatten the curve' became 'eliminate covid' and 'vaccinate everyone' which was a policy disaster. A simple apology from you would suffice.
I agree, you don’t remember. There were spikes and concerns longer than a single wave. What was done helped to reduce the impact and it would have been stupid to open the flood gates and go right back where we started. Now that the virus has mutated and we have a vaccine, it has allowed people to get back to normal. Some of you people really struggle with situations that are fluid.

Reactions: Joes Place
I agree, you don’t remember. There were spikes and concerns longer than a single wave. What was done helped to reduce the impact and it would have been stupid to open the flood gates and go right back where we started. Now that the virus has mutated and we have a vaccine, it has allowed people to get back to normal. Some of you people really struggle with situations that are fluid.
Revisionist history is something. Two weeks to stop the spread turned into schools being closed for 18 months in certain states and some businesses closed forever.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Revisionist history is something. Two weeks to stop the spread turned into schools being closed for 18 months in certain states and some businesses closed forever.
you really think it was going to be stopped by everyone staying home for two weeks? Are you that foolish? Then again you probably thought it would go away in the spring, or any other stupid thing trump said.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT