ADVERTISEMENT

Big Disney fight

EagleHawk

HR All-American
Jan 16, 2002
It is what you would expect it to be. Really dumb to care about one person 'cutting' in line at PhilharMagic. The theater is huge and probably only 3/4 full most of the time. Red and white women pretty good with the sucker punches.

Afight broke between two families at the most magical place on Earth following an argument that took place in line at a park attraction.

According to a Disney World blog, two families stood in line for a performance at Mickey’s PhilharMagic theatre at Magic Kingdom. One family member got out of line to retrieve her cellphone she accidentally left on her electric conveyance vehicle. When she tried to rejoin her group, another family wasn’t haven’t it.

All hell broke loose when another family, dressed in red and white, tried to stop the girl from regaining her spot with her family. Both families confronted each other at the theater’s exit. One of the girl’s family members then says to the red shorts clan: “We don’t appreciate you guys pushing my younger sister.”

as soon as I saw the video I was like....

giphy.gif

I saw this yesterday. Will be interesting to see how this all works for Disney. A relative went recently and said it is not like it used to be and she didn't need to go back (parks much dirtier, employees not as great, Disney Springs very rough crowd). If true that employees aren't on board, could get interesting.

'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change, cast member says​

Most Disney employees oppose left-leaning efforts to promote inclusion, such as the recent change to the "Fairy Godmother"-themed titles at the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutiques at Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California igniting internet outrage, a Disney cast member told Fox News Digital.

"There is a plaque as you enter Disney World that reads 'Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy,' but increasingly it's becoming the world of wokeness, political correctness, and indoctrination," Jose Castillo, a current Walt Disney Company employee who is running for Congress in Florida as a Republican, told Fox News Digital on Wednesday. "This isn't what Walt Disney envisioned, and it isn't what Disney's fans signed up for."

Cast members of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, once called "Fairy Godmothers in Training," now bear the title "Fairy Godmother's Apprentices," in an apparent attempt to be gender-neutral, Walt Disney World News Today shared on Tuesday. The Disney-focused blog Streaming the Magic suggested that due to the name change, "cast members that might not identify as female can still be part of the process to dress up & style the children without having to refer to themselves as a female Disney character."

"This is basically just another unnecessary political statement and more pandering to the fringe left," Castillo told Fox News Digital. "It seems that Disney's executives just can't help themselves. They continue to double down on extreme wokeness, which only serves to alienate their customers and employees."

"Plenty of my colleagues here at Disney have been with the company for decades – they can't wait to retire, because of this constant pushing of radical agendas," Castillo added. "I can't stress enough that the majority of people working at Disney do not support this stuff."

Castillo previously told Fox News Digital that a "silent majority" of Disney employees support the Florida parental rights law H.B. 1557, even though the company has taken a public stance against it after LGBTQ employees protested. Despite critics branding it a "Don't Say Gay" law, it does not ban the word "gay" in school settings. Rather, it prohibits classroom instruction – not casual discussion – on "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" with children in third grade or younger, "or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."

After Disney condemned the law, the Florida legislature passed and Governor Ron DeSantis signed legislation stripping Walt Disney World of a decades-old special agreement that allowed the theme park to govern itself.

Cast members of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, once called "Fairy Godmothers in Training," now bear the title "Fairy Godmother's Apprentices,"
I think a lot of what Disney is doing is 'woke' and stupid pandering to the left, but I don't see an issue with this. If a man, gay or straight, wants to work in the boutique, it does seem weird to refer to them as Godmothers.

It’s highly likely these people aren’t from Florida.

I'm guessing a group from Florida wouldn't be wearing the same clothes.

At times it can get a little touchy if one person tries to save a place for a large group. This doesn't sound like the case, but people aren't always happen to let others comes from the back to the front.

Paid hundreds of dollars to go to an overrated theme park, acted like an insolent child, got in a fight, then was taken into custody and booted from the park to boot.

Winning! Never change Florida!
Link showing they’re locals and not out of state trash?

Bob Chapek is the accountant in charge of Disney right now and he has been busy increasing profits at the expense of the park experience. Right now, Disney is riding on 50 years of being "The Most Magical Place on Earth". Bob doesn't understand that there is a price to be paid for that reputation and is crapping all over it to increase the share price. It will likely work for most of his career, to be honest, but like Baseball, eventually the crowd that loves Disney like a set of second parents and are willing to look past these things will die off and their kids aren't going to be as attached as their parents were.

While I don't really think that was much of a fight in the video, the excessive heat and the long lines for rides certainly contributed to shorter fuses for the families involved. Since the lightning passes now cost ridiculous amounts of money there aren't many people that actually get them. With the parks being crowded to capacity pretty much every day from March-September and also December it just ends up being a whole lot of money for getting to go on a handful of rides with a very long wait to get on most of them.

Universal Studios isn't much better these days either.

I haven’t been near that place since 2004.
Just over priced, tired, dirty.
We used to go to Disney a lot. We have kind of quit going, but I never once got a vibe of dirty, in fact meticulously clean was always my experience. You can say overpriced, but apparently not high priced enough to keep out rif raf like shown in the video. The Disney theme parks are more a victim of their own success in my opinion.

As for the people in the video, shm.

It’s highly likely these people aren’t from Florida.

I'm guessing a group from Florida wouldn't be wearing the same clothes.

At times it can get a little touchy if one person tries to save a place for a large group. This doesn't sound like the case, but people aren't always happen to let others comes from the back to the front.

Link showing they’re locals and not out of state trash?
Well aren't y'all a bit defensive on this wonderful Friday morning!

We used to go to Disney a lot. We have kind of quit going, but I never once got a vibe of dirty, in fact meticulously clean was always my experience. You can say overpriced, but apparently not high priced enough to keep out rif raf like shown in the video. The Disney theme parks are more a victim of their own success in my opinion.

As for the people in the video, shm.
I was going to comment on it not being dirty, but a lot can happen in the >30 years since we've been there.

I’m just glad the cops weren’t immediately there. They’d have shot and killed both families in their entirety.

Isn’t this fight a few years old? I thought I remember seeing this before.

I love Disney World, but it’s suffering the same affliction as airlines and travel in general. Trashy people used to not venture out of the county limits or to the nearest WalMart, now they’ve discovered there’s a whole other world out there.

Reactions: goldmom
Was a single punch thrown?

The most egregious thing, other than the color-coordinated family reunion-type shit, was the socks with slides offense. Just put on shoes, idiot.

TBH most Floridians take advantage of our in state discounts during the cooler off season.
January February October November are less crowded and the cooler temps and lower hotel rates draw more residents.
We always found the week after thanksgiving to be a good time. took the kids out of school and you get their holiday decorations.

Reactions: goldmom
Paid hundreds of dollars to go to an overrated theme park, acted like an insolent child, got in a fight, then was taken into custody and booted from the park to boot.

Winning! Never change Florida!
More black on black crime. Why is this even being reported? Think it’ll make a spot on some major networks?

More black on black crime. Why is this even being reported? Think it’ll make a spot on some major networks?
Good question. It does not appear to be a known media source, probably lifted and reported on the social media circuit. I've seen more violence between Jim Rome and Jim Everett.
DelightfulDarkInganue-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Jan Itor
I have had the unfortunate pleasure to have visited WDW in 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018, and 2022 (just 3 weeks ago). It makes my wife and kids happy so...

While I don't feel like it is any dirtier, it is a little tired in places. What has occurred is the general coarsening of society. Just a ton more trashy people everywhere. My opinion is not helped by the fact that I have pretty much withdrawn from society at large, starting a couple of years before covid. I just don't like crowded places nor the unwashed masses. I am very selective about where I go and what I attend. I also pay a premium to insulate myself when out and about. Private dining, premium seats for concerts and sporting events, etc. When I have to mingle with the masses it is a terrible experience.

I have had the unfortunate pleasure to have visited WDW in 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018, and 2022 (just 3 weeks ago). It makes my wife and kids happy so...

While I don't feel like it is any dirtier, it is a little tired in places. What has occurred is the general coarsening of society. Just a ton more trashy people everywhere. My opinion is not helped by the fact that I have pretty much withdrawn from society at large, starting a couple of years before covid. I just don't like crowded places nor the unwashed masses. I am very selective about where I go and what I attend. I also pay a premium to insulate myself when out and about. Private dining, premium seats for concerts and sporting events, etc. When I have to mingle with the masses it is a terrible experience.

My family had been going every 4 years since 2000 but just haven't been able to fit it in recently. It used to be that we could work the fast passes really well to maximize our rides. I think most people didn't understand how it all worked so they missed out. It also allowed us to feel like we were more in control of our agenda. The people around us were just annoying obstacles. But since they changed the way fast passes worked it, it has restricted what rides/shows we could get into. That put us in the middle of the crowd and it hasn't been as fun for a number of years.

My family had been going every 4 years since 2000 but just haven't been able to fit it in recently. It used to be that we could work the fast passes really well to maximize our rides. I think most people didn't understand how it all worked so they missed out. It also allowed us to feel like we were more in control of our agenda. The people around us were just annoying obstacles. But since they changed the way fast passes worked it, it has restricted what rides/shows we could get into. That put us in the middle of the crowd and it hasn't been as fun for a number of years.

It wasn't terribly crowded while we were there (much better than 2018).

ADVERTISEMENT