ADVERTISEMENT

Big match Friday , what's on tap?

Nov 20, 2019

What's the go to drink and food choice for those watching at home ? I'll probably get a pizza early and sip two doubles of makers mark or 1792.
I get what's available in Pa. , our selections suck. Jersey is 90 minutes away from home, across the River from the Lehigh valley. Probably don't have time to look for something special .
I wish the fellows and you fans the best. Of course I'm rooting for PSU but Iowa is no slouch and the GOAT with OSU. Hope psu is soon there too,
And for you locals in Iowa city , same questions . I haven't been there since 1988. I'd love to visit again.

I'll be having Pagliai's Pizza, or, if my wife wins, something at Zio Johnos, a Raspberry Carver Cone and yelling at the ref every time he makes a bad call (which hopefully won't be much, but I'm a realist).
Sounds like a good plan. I have half a day Friday. I'll have to visit mom ( she broke her ankle and just got home) a bit, then pizza too lol.

Reactions: el dub
This is going to be a Jersey Mikes #13 mikes way add pickles and mayo and desert will be double Evan Williams with a splash of pepsi.

I'll be having Pagliai's Pizza, or, if my wife wins, something at Zio Johnos, a Raspberry Carver Cone and yelling at the ref every time he makes a bad call (which hopefully won't be much, but I'm a realist).
My buddy that’s going with me said that people around him are going to think it’s Halloween as much as he is going to boo the ref.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

What's the go to drink and food choice for those watching at home ? I'll probably get a pizza early and sip two doubles of makers mark or 1792.
I get what's available in Pa. , our selections suck. Jersey is 90 minutes away from home, across the River from the Lehigh valley. Probably don't have time to look for something special .
I wish the fellows and you fans the best. Of course I'm rooting for PSU but Iowa is no slouch and the GOAT with OSU. Hope psu is soon there too,
And for you locals in Iowa city , same questions . I haven't been there since 1988. I'd love to visit again.
Probably won't burden myself with much food after lunch Friday. I already told the GF (no pics) I don't even exist Friday night. Probably going to be picking up a 6 (and by 6 I mean 12) pack from a local brewery, lager or pils usually.

Probably won't burden myself with much food after lunch Friday. I already told the GF (no pics) I don't even exist Friday night. Probably going to be picking up a 6 (and by 6 I mean 12) pack from a local brewery, lager or pils usually.
I'm 58, have to watch the BP. It goes up a little with too much. I can chose beer or whiskey. Only maybe four tops lol.

Reactions: DirkTang1 and Exo
Thinking about having some peeps over, may have some snow coming in so not sure how or if that will effect the plan. 1st thought though is I wish i was at Carver for this one! Also wish Spencer Lee was healthy to start us off but I am sure glad we have Ayala.

As the OP said, he is rooting for them, and we all will be rooting for HAWKS. in the end. What we all want to see is good hard nose scrapping. I think there is no better place to get that then in IOWA!!! We have a good size mat, with hopefully a Ref who will not be afraid to call stalling.

We all win when you have 20 guys like this going at it and that is what I hope to see!

I am making my first trip to CHA Friday and will likely have to grab food at the arena. Can’t get away early enough to catch food in Iowa City. I already know to get a Carver Cone. Hopefully there’s other good options inside.

I am making my first trip to CHA Friday and will likely have to grab food at the arena. Can’t get away early enough to catch food in Iowa City. I already know to get a Carver Cone. Hopefully there’s other good options inside.
Dude…. You’re not going for the food, are you? Does it really matter what they serve? Lol

I liked my “ accoutrements“ thread title better, but here goes.

My wife somehow thought it was ok to plan and take out one of our friends for her Birthday on Friday. When I found out and told her that the Hawks are wrestling PSU on friday night she looked at me and seemed a bit frightened, there was a pause and she replied “I did know that, can you record it and watch it when we get home”. That was 3 hours ago.

My wife somehow thought it was ok to plan and take out one of our friends for her Birthday on Friday. When I found out and told her that the Hawks are wrestling PSU on friday night she looked at me and seemed a bit frightened, there was a pause and she replied “I did know that, can you record it and watch it when we get home”. That was 3 hours ago.
You're a good husband, she's a lucky lady. 😎

Reactions: Grip220

One of her friends? Sounds like something for the wife to do. Solo. Even if boithday girl’s spouse comes along. lol.

This party starts Thursday night at 2200. Brisket starts its smoke bath. The main course will be burnt ends with mac and cheese. There will be other food but it’s all white noise after “burnt ends with Mac and cheese”. If I’m on my best behavior there will be a snort of whistle pig boss hog poured.

Side note: grip had almost an entire post focused on his wife with no pic of said wife. I’m throwing the challenge brick

So, where did you kick her?

This is great except for the Zio Johnos nonsense

I'm not a good husband. My wife knows that anything short of her or one of the "kids" (or me, I guess) being hospitalized will not stop me from being at CHA if there is a meet going on there.
TNT, I forgot to ask others...does CHA have any crazy requirements (e.g, masks, vaccination cards, etc.)? I don't want to get there tomorrow night and be completely fubar because I didn't think about COVID requirements, which we have none of down here in TN...

PA sells the Old Forrester 1920 in a lot of stores. Best value in the bourbon world at $55.
And it packs a punch at 115 proof!

Lunch - Lemongrass roasted garlic rice w/ chicken in the QC.
Dinner - Vine wings & cheese fries.
Dessert - chocolate cone at Carver.

Guys, don't want to be a buzz-kill, shoot I'm drinking some(lots) Basil / Hayden right now myself. But they have 4 champs plus Berge, Dean and Kirk. I'd just like our guys to wrestle tough and mean for the first time this season. Kinda harsh actually.

Guys, don't want to be a buzz-kill, shoot I'm drinking some(lots) Basil / Hayden right now myself. But they have 4 champs plus Berge, Dean and Kirk. I'd just like our guys to wrestle tough and mean for the first time this season. Kinda harsh actually.
I love that Basil, you forgot to mention Bartlett who has been wrestling very good and quietly moving up. We all know what they got, we also know all of our guys can win those matches. Toughest weight to win will be 184 , but Assad has been wrestling extremely good and is improving every day so don’t count him out. I personally can not wait till the Bull dismantles Berge.

Well now I’m at about a day and half later and it looks like I have caved like a cheap suit and will be going to dinner tonight. The reservations have been changed to a very early dinner and should be home on time for the kickoff.
Im also going to get at least one hall pass out of this and if the Hawks lose I will still have atleast half a smile one my face if you know what I mean, sometimes you have to compromise!

Dinner will be some kind of Fish, not that it matters as long as back for the start. As a backup I will have my iPad in the truck for the ride home and I guess she’s driving home because I will be hopped up on some old fashions.

Last edited:
Well now I’m at about a day and half later and it looks like I have caved like a cheap suit and will be going to dinner tonight. The reservations have been changed to a very early dinner and should be home on time for the kickoff.
Im also going to get at least one hall pass out of this and if the Hawks lose I will still have atleast half a smile one my face if you know what I mean, sometimes you have to compromise!

Dinner will be some kind of Fish, not that it matters as long as back for the start. As a backup I will have my iPad in the truck for the ride home and I guess she’s driving home because I will be hopped up on some old fashions.
You ever try proof syrup? Makes a nice old fashioned at home.

ADVERTISEMENT