ADVERTISEMENT

Big match Friday , what's on tap?

Dare I say Genos East > Lou's? Not looking for trouble.

Don't worry, it's not like you're talking politics here. Geno's is OK but I live in the north and Lou's is much more available. Plus I do like it better. Just don't say Uno's or Aurelio's!

Reactions: Exo
You ever try proof syrup? Makes a nice old fashioned at home.
My wife got me some and the sampler for fathers day-- haven't gotten into the flavored ones yet (unsure about the Black Walnut and Pecan, as I am generally not fans of these flavors, but maybe I'll be surprised), but have really liked the Traditional, especially Larceny small batch.

As for tonight I see the wife has set out some steaks, so I'm guessing that is on the menu.

For libations, I'm thinking I'll have a busch light as i finish whatever afternoon meetings I may have then move on a bourbon or two. I have yet to try the Small batch (92) and Bottled In Bond (100) bourbon from Costco . These are both from Barton 1792, so maybe they get cracked tonight

Reactions: armbartilt
Sorry guys, but I've got a physical next week, so its Busch Light and popcorn.
After the physical, it could be Maker's Mark or Patron and steak. However, if we start to beat the oddsmakers, I may have to pretend it's two weeks from now. :)

My wife got me some and the sampler for fathers day-- haven't gotten into the flavored ones yet (unsure about the Black Walnut and Pecan, as I am generally not fans of these flavors, but maybe I'll be surprised), but have really liked the Traditional, especially Larceny small batch.

As for tonight I see the wife has set out some steaks, so I'm guessing that is on the menu.

For libations, I'm thinking I'll have a busch light as i finish whatever afternoon meetings I may have then move on a bourbon or two. I have yet to try the Small batch (92) and Bottled In Bond (100) bourbon from Costco . These are both from Barton 1792, so maybe they get cracked tonight
I may crack my Old Forester 1910. It will go down easy either way tonight!

Don't worry, it's not like you're talking politics here. Geno's is OK but I live in the north and Lou's is much more available. Plus I do like it better. Just don't say Uno's or Aurelio's!
I lived by the Unos in River North for a few years so I unfortunately had to swing through on occasion.

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
I like my beer like my women... bitter cold expensive and intoxicating.

On tap for tonight is Cigar City Jai-Lai IPA-- perfect mix of hops and ethanol with homemade smoked wings (flashed fried and a cinnamon hot sauce). I can feel the heartburn already.
Armbar, have you tried Toppling Goliath Assassin? Right up your alley, and proudly made in Decorah, IA.
Maybe not as bitter as you'd like (but still bitter), but it checks off all your other boxes.

I’ll prolly drink a Two Towns cider or two tonight. Looks like it’s Prickly Pear or Cosmic Currant unless I leave the house before then.

Reactions: armbartilt
I will be sitting in an ice shack fishing a tournament with Grace and Ironside on the radio with a bag of chips and something cold in my hand. Hope to yell woo-hoo loud enough for the whole lake to hear.
I was explaining the whole ice fishing shack concept to my wife on the drive up here yesterday; she thinks we’re insane. 😂

Reactions: MN Hawk Fan
I was explaining the whole ice fishing shack concept to my wife on the drive up here yesterday; she thinks we’re insane. 😂
Dude, it’s the best. Especially if you cut decent sized holes. Then the view can be crazy good.

I grew up in an 8x8 ice shack on West Okoboji with 8’ troughs cut along two opposite walls that were about a foot wide.

I like my beer like my women... bitter cold expensive and intoxicating.

On tap for tonight is Cigar City Jai-Lai IPA-- perfect mix of hops and ethanol with homemade smoked wings (flashed fried and a cinnamon hot sauce). I can feel the heartburn already.
Nice. I'm pretty close with some Pseudo Sue (TG) and some Outer Range DIPAs(I live in CO).
Couple of pork tenderloins on the smoker
Nice Hybrid for dessert ... Spicolli time 😎

I have not , what is it and is there a certain brand?

I don't even add any garnishes, but obviously make it to your own taste

Reactions: Grip220
Daughter will be high jumping in a track meet at Penn State tomorrow. Wife and I are in Sad Valley today thru Sunday. Will be wearing Hawk gear and watching the meet at a local tavern tonight on College Avenue. I'm an old wrestler with two giant cauliflower ears so I should be good.

Dude, it’s the best. Especially if you cut decent sized holes. Then the view can be crazy good.

I grew up in an 8x8 ice shack on West Okoboji with 8’ troughs cut along two opposite walls that were about a foot wide.
You guys take it to the next level. My childhood ice fishing experiences were up on frozen lakes in South and North Dakota, but we mostly stuck to the four corners configuration. I like the trough concept.

Reactions: el dub
You guys take it to the next level. My childhood ice fishing experiences were up on frozen lakes in South and North Dakota, but we mostly stuck to the four corners configuration. I like the trough concept.
The first cut of the season was tough. After that, chipping ice was easy if we went out regularly. But it was pretty stationary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Well now I’m at about a day and half later and it looks like I have caved like a cheap suit and will be going to dinner tonight. The reservations have been changed to a very early dinner and should be home on time for the kickoff.
Im also going to get at least one hall pass out of this and if the Hawks lose I will still have atleast half a smile one my face if you know what I mean, sometimes you have to compromise!

Dinner will be some kind of Fish, not that it matters as long as back for the start. As a backup I will have my iPad in the truck for the ride home and I guess she’s driving home because I will be hopped up on some old fashions.
Just get yours to go or say you tested positive, everybody is using it.

Daughter will be high jumping in a track meet at Penn State tomorrow. Wife and I are in Sad Valley today thru Sunday. Will be wearing Hawk gear and watching the meet at a local tavern tonight on College Avenue. I'm an old wrestler with two giant cauliflower ears so I should be good.
You never mess with the guys with funny ears, rules to live by.

Last edited:
Well now I’m at about a day and half later and it looks like I have caved like a cheap suit and will be going to dinner tonight. The reservations have been changed to a very early dinner and should be home on time for the kickoff.
Im also going to get at least one hall pass out of this and if the Hawks lose I will still have atleast half a smile one my face if you know what I mean, sometimes you have to compromise!

Dinner will be some kind of Fish, not that it matters as long as back for the start. As a backup I will have my iPad in the truck for the ride home and I guess she’s driving home because I will be hopped up on some old fashions.
Booooooo!

Well, look on the bright side. By caving, you might have just earned dessert tonight after the meet. If so, here's to hoping your dessert match goes a full 7 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT