ADVERTISEMENT

Big news for the 2024 Iowa State Fair

It’s really a sting operation by the feds. Half of GIAHORT will be locked up after the concert.

dateline-mystery.gif

Reactions: Thunderlips71
pic of kidz momz?
It might be worth a day lurking at the fair. I was there the day Slipknot was playing, and, not hot when it came to the fans. Actually, it was blistering hot, and all those pasty people dressed in black were suffering.

I’m taking the family tomorrow, weather looks amazing!

I haven’t been to the fair in over 20 years, must do’s? Kid are 13 & 11

The DNR building is kid friendly. Even with good weather we try to save some of the indoor stuff for the afternoon like the art exhibits. I’m always struck at the beautiful photography submitted. I’d have to double check which building that is in.
Take them past the tarps that separate the rides and games are from where the carnies park the RVs and show them how life will work out for them if they go to ISU.

Reactions: QChawks
The DMR’s soap box can be interesting and promote civic mindedness. RFK Jr dropped out so they won’t have to see that s*** show, but there will be candidates there.

• Haha

Park at the SE Polk lot and ride the bus to the fairgrounds. So much easier than parking close in unless you’ve got a reserved spot or know someone with spots close to the fairgrounds.

Park at the SE Polk lot and ride the bus to the fairgrounds. So much easier than parking close in unless you’ve got a reserved spot or know someone with spots close to the fairgrounds.
Good to know!

We are going to stay in W DSM tonight so we can get there early.

Good to know!

We are going to stay in W DSM tonight so we can get there early.
That makes it extra easy if you are going home tomorrow. Swing out of the lot and go east then north through Mitchellville, pick up a hitchhiker and jump on 80.

Saw a pic of the Clark butter cow. It’s impressive but it looks nothing like her. Looks like a generic woman to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT