ADVERTISEMENT

Big Recruiting Weekend ......

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
had me totally pumped. Now I am not as high about the weekend. Tibbs to Purdue, not a huge surprise but now it looks like Terek to Wisconsin. Excited about Lauck's commitment but thought there would be more activity by now. If Proctor and Howland commit, that would be a very good 5 man class.

Thought we would also hear from Ortwerth or Merrieweather by now.

I am cautiously optimistic the weekend will still turn out to be a great event but it has been awfully quiet, which is a bummer.

had me totally pumped. Now I am not as high about the weekend. Tibbs to Purdue, not a huge surprise but now it looks like Terek to Wisconsin. Excited about Lauck's commitment but thought there would be more activity by now. If Proctor and Howland commit, that would be a very good 5 man class.

Thought we would also hear from Ortwerth or Merrieweather by now.

I am cautiously optimistic the weekend will still turn out to be a great event but it has been awfully quiet, which is a bummer.
I'm going to need a defibrillator if Merrieweather don't commit to Iowa.

I got wrapped up in the hype from various recruiting sites and predictions. Patience is the key word. These young Men are making life changing decisions. They need to be sure.
What like The guy in 247 trying to sell subscriptions by saying he feels bad for all the non members because of all the info they have etc?

now it looks like Terek to Wisconsin
All indications on HR prior to the OV was that Terek was a strong lean to Iowa. Of all the recruits that made it to IC, based on what I was reading, I had him at the top of the list of players most likely to commit during the visit. The sudden talk about a switch to Wisconsin was surprising to me.

Pure specualtion on my part but something happened on his OV to change the direction this was heading. Have you heard anything?

All indications on HR prior to the OV was that Terek was a strong lean to Iowa. Of all the recruits that made it to IC, based on what I was reading, I had him at the top of the list of players most likely to commit during the visit. The sudden talk about a switch to Wisconsin was surprising to me.

Pure specualtion on my part but something happened on his OV to change the direction this was heading. Have you heard anything?
Honestly, it works make sense that Lauck, Proctor, and Howland all committed, leaving no room

How are you guys so confident that Lauck, Proctor, and Howland committed? Seems to be taking a long time to announce.

Lots of guys like to commit later in the summer - right before their high school football season starts. That way it's not a distraction.

Also, it's not uncommon for guys to commit privately before committing publicly.

What often gets guys to commit is when they want to secure a spot before things "fill up."

Anyhow, I have zero worries about the quality of the 2023 recruiting class.

Could be a combo of things. Other guys committing to Iowa and also maybe he wants to try tackle. Iowa was recruiting him as a guard or he simply liked something more about his Wisconsin visit.

Could be a combo of things. Other guys committing to Iowa and also maybe he wants to try tackle. Iowa was recruiting him as a guard or he simply liked something more about his Wisconsin visit.
Outside looking in from a distance, you never know. Could stil have Iowa at the top of his list.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT