ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten - All that Money has made them soft.

WinOneThisCentury II

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2021
Honestly, I've seen some really, really bad football from Big Ten teams...including Iowa. Iowa's offensive line right now (I hope they improve) through the first three games has been awful. NW, Nebraska, Michigan State, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa have all been terrible so far. Each team has major challenges on one side of the ball or on both.

Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota have shown they are the only teams representing. Minnesota had the 216th easiest schedule so far in all of college football, which means 80 FCS teams had harder schedules. Maryland impressed me today...they battled Michigan and their offense looked solid in both the running and passing game. Purdue and Wisconsin have shown serious weaknesses.

That being said, the top two SEC teams will destroy every big ten team. I don't see Ohio State being good enough defensively.

I know it's early, but the first four weeks hasn't painted a pretty picture for the B10.

images

Honestly, I've seen some really, really bad football from Big Ten teams...including Iowa. Iowa's offensive line right now (I hope they improve) through the first three games has been awful. NW, Nebraska, Michigan State, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa have all been terrible so far. Each team has major challenges on one side of the ball or on both.

Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota have shown they are the only teams representing. Minnesota had the 216th easiest schedule so far in all of college football, which means 80 FCS teams had harder schedules. Maryland impressed me today...they battled Michigan and their offense looked solid in both the running and passing game. Purdue and Wisconsin have shown serious weaknesses.

That being said, the top two SEC teams will destroy every big ten team. I don't see Ohio State being good enough defensively.

I know it's early, but the first four weeks hasn't painted a pretty picture for the B10.
Yeah Bama struggling with a 6-6 texas team and UGA in a battle with Kent St into the 4th quarter is almost as impressive as TAMU losing to App St and Arkansas struggling with Cincy.

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Come back at the end of the year and tell me how the B1G compares to the SEC.
Maybe watching Ole Miss struggle with Tulsa now makes you think this. But sure we can come back to the end of the year when the SEC plays teams like Northwest Missouri Christian Seminary

Maybe watching Ole Miss struggle with Tulsa now makes you think this. But sure we can come back to the end of the year when the SEC plays teams like Northwest Missouri Christian Seminary

As an Iowa fan, you’re really going to make fun of teams the SEC plays??

B1G hasn’t been close to the same level top to bottom to the SEC for at least a decade.

There are fewer kids playing football in elementary and high school, so there are fewer elite players to keep talent levels high for as many schools as in past years. That's just the way it is. Not enough talent to stock everyone's cupboard.

As an Iowa fan, you’re really going to make fun of teams the SEC plays??

B1G hasn’t been close to the same level top to bottom to the SEC for at least a decade.
I know, the Big Ten is better and the winning record shows it.

• Haha
Reactions: mrcyfan
ADVERTISEMENT