ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Assigned Rivals

Triple header. USC-UCLA, Iowa -Nebraska and Ohio State- Michigan.
OSU and Mich are usually on the Sat that weekend. Not sure but I thought they passed on the Friday thing. I still think Iowa and Nebr should wear home colors for that game every year.

A double header would still be neat. The western schools would get a nice prime time slot.

Careful everyone.

You're going to piss off @IowaFansRuinedByNebFB.

He also goes by @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus on the the Soundoff board and used to be @H8FULLGR8 at one point before catching a perma.

I just enjoy keeping his identity straight with folks.

He hates it but I get free likes from his latest spaz handle.
The best part is he is over 50 yrs old. So now this 50+ yr old jaded Nebraska fan spends his spare time sitting in his man cave creating spam accounts just to hand out free likes on Rivals message boards and make his anti-Iowa accounts visible for others to see, and even goes to enough trouble to prevent his spam accounts from being able to get reported and deleted/banned.

He is 100% a douche in real life, and has the typical like-minded circle of friends that only serves to enable his behavior. He's definitely the kind of guy where people he knows or works with smile to his face and then once he leaves they lean to each other and say "that guy's a f***ing prick". And the worst part is he probably knows it too, and merely wears it like a badge of honor. Most individuals like him nowadays tend to go that route, rather than ever allowing themselves to be humbled and choosing to recognize and fix their character flaws that turn people off. They instead double down and embrace their bad personality traits and will justify it in their minds by whatever means necessary.

This is why he doubles down and creates more accounts and like spams everything after he gets caught and called out for it, which includes being reported to the board mods.

It's sad, but hilariously pathetic at the same time. :)

I like the day after Thanksgiving game, but could you imagine if it was versus a competitive team like Minnesota or Wisconsin, or even N’western or Illinois.

It’s not even a contest anymore with the GBR’ers
We tried to rid of them but those bastards clung back to Black Friday versus us. We were supposed to have Wisconsin the last game weren’t we? Bastard cornholios.

We tried to rid of them but those bastards clung back to Black Friday versus us. We were supposed to have Wisconsin the last game weren’t we? Bastard cornholios.

I thought it was supposed to be Wisconsin for two and then Minny for two but on Saturday after Tgiving. Whatever happened to that? Nebraska cried to the league office because Iowa was keeping them somewhat relevant?

Iowa -UCLA for the rivalry. Hollywood vs. cornfields.
Iowa beat UCLA under Bob Cummings, at that time Dick Vermail was the head coach of UCLA and felt so humiliated that he cried. Dick Vermail went on from their to be a good NFL coach, and unfortunatly Bob Cummings had a short career along with the Hawkeyes

I thought it was supposed to be Wisconsin for two and then Minny for two but on Saturday after Tgiving. Whatever happened to that? Nebraska cried to the league office because Iowa was keeping them somewhat relevant?
IIRC there was going to be a 2-yr period where Neb played Minny on black Friday and we played Wisc on that Saturday. That period was supposed to be 2020-2021. The schedule reshuffle in '20 put us back with Neb, as did a tweak of '21. It'll be interesting to see what happens starting in '24.

tumblr_o27kygewME1ta52dfo1_500.gif

No assigned rivals. Rotate every team through the schedule.

What sport has that ever happened in?

Now, not every school has equal rivals, but key TV games aren't going away. Key rivals should be preserved.

SEC isn't sacking the Alabama-Auburn series and the Big Ten isn't losing the oldest rivalry like Minnesota-Wisconsin.

Ohio State will get Penn State and Michigan annually.

ADVERTISEMENT