ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Scores and Final Standings (5/26)

BTW . . . kudos to @GolfHacker1 . . . pretty sure that he authored a pre-season post suggesting that Illinois would field a very good team. Not many people shared those thoughts.

B1G coaches didn't have Illinois in the top 6.
Baseball America predicted a 9th place finish for Illinois.

Reactions: GolfHacker1
Thanks for the thread. I'm jealous of @Alum_Ni being in the post season. It should be fun. The regional should be a makeable road trip. I had got what I assume was the covid and didn't get to go to Iowa's regional last season.

My understanding is that Nebraska baseball is building a fairly decent NIL. Decent NIL in the B1G largely means that between scholarships and NIL the majority or entre team have tuition covered, and a couple of critical players might get some extra.

Some B1G teams are above this, some below this. As a whole the B1G is no where near the upper crust of college baseball.

I had a though that Iowa high school pitchers mostly pitch in the summer. They're essentially warm weather pitchers when they get to college. I'm not sure if this is true of other B1G schools, and northern baseball schools in general. It's just another disadvantage that northern teams face.

Nebraska's staff did a good job with transfers, some not highly sought. Not only did they identify adequate talent and bring them in, they incorporated them in their team's philosophy and culture. I still don't like that they play loud music when the batter is in the box and the pitcher is on the rubber. It's against the rules. This said, I don't think it's a factor, and I wonder if a lot of this is Nebraska plays at a minor league park.

Big Ten season is officially done as all three teams in the NCAA Tournament went 1-2 are have all been eliminated.

Knoxville Regional
Indiana 10, Southern Mississippi 4
Tennessee 12, Indiana 6
Southern Mississippi 15, Indiana 3

Lexington Regional
Illinois 4, Indiana State 1
Kentucky 6, Illinois 1
Indiana State 13, Illinois 2

Stillwater Regional
Florida 5, Nebraska 2
Nebraska 7, Niagara 5
Florida 17, Nebraska 11

Reactions: Franisdaman
Big Ten season is officially done as all three teams in the NCAA Tournament went 1-2 are have all been eliminated.

Knoxville Regional
Indiana 10, Southern Mississippi 4
Tennessee 12, Indiana 6
Southern Mississippi 15, Indiana 3

Lexington Regional
Illinois 4, Indiana State 1
Kentucky 6, Illinois 1
Indiana State 13, Illinois 2

Stillwater Regional
Florida 5, Nebraska 2
Nebraska 7, Niagara 5
Florida 17, Nebraska 11

bummer postseason for the B1G, once again....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT