ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Scores and Final Standings (6/7)

Alum-Ni

HR Legend
Aug 29, 2004
June 6

NCAA Regionals

Arkansas 6, Nebraska 2 (Nebraska eliminated)

Final Standings
1. Nebraska (34-14, 31-12)
2. Maryland (30-18, 28-16)
3. Michigan (27-19, 27-17)
4. Indiana (26-18)
4. Iowa (26-18)
6. Ohio State (22-20)
7. Illinois (22-22)
8. Rutgers (21-23)
9. Penn State (18-24)
10. Northwestern (15-21)
11. Michigan State (17-27)
12. Purdue (16-26)
13. Minnesota (6-31)

All Big Ten teams have now completed their seasons.

Last edited:
I’m just not seeing how the conference gets more than two regional bids. Team RPI were buried already due to the late start. Especially with so many neutral and home games. Winning true road games is what boosts RPI especially against those top 50 RPI teams.

So do we suck at baseball this year or...?

A few things, first series was a four game series against Michigan. Then our next nine games after them are against Nebraska and Ohio State who are better than average. Iowa will be alright, but got no favors scheduling wise to start the year.

Also, Covid shut down the program until literally a day or two before game one. Iowa’s best pitcher on paper was out for the year before the season started.

A few things, first series was a four game series against Michigan. Then our next nine games after them are against Nebraska and Ohio State who are better than average. Iowa will be alright, but got no favors scheduling wise to start the year.

Also, Covid shut down the program until literally a day or two before game one. Iowa’s best pitcher on paper was out for the year before the season started.

It really is too bad the season played out like it did. It looked like the bats were hurt by the shutdown right up until the season. Combine that with Iowa starting out against teams with good pitching (Michigan, Nebraska, OSU). Hopefully they can have a great weekend here with the first win over Nebraska already in hand.

It really is too bad the season played out like it did. It looked like the bats were hurt by the shutdown right up until the season. Combine that with Iowa starting out against teams with good pitching (Michigan, Nebraska, OSU). Hopefully they can have a great weekend here with the first win over Nebraska already in hand.

Iowas RPI is actually sitting well, problem is it’s too well. It literally has nowhere to go but down.

It dropped from 23 to 44 due to winning and Michigan losing.

Iowas RPI is actually sitting well, problem is it’s too well. It literally has nowhere to go but down.

It dropped from 23 to 44 due to winning and Michigan losing.
Yeah how is this going to work for the Big 10 teams? Will any of them make it into the tournament? Since the Big 10 has no BTT, they all have to be at large correct? I know it's a lot of questions, but not allowing the league to play non-conference games is very dumb.

Yeah how is this going to work for the Big 10 teams? Will any of them make it into the tournament? Since the Big 10 has no BTT, they all have to be at large correct? I know it's a lot of questions, but not allowing the league to play non-conference games is very dumb.

Regular season champ gets auto bid. After that, it’s all at large is my understanding.

Strange to see the standings and then realize we're still just halfway through the season, so sitting 3 games back...I think we're fully in the mix for the top spot if you look at the remaining schedules. It is hard to pick against Indiana's pitching so far this season but I'm feeling pretty good about how the pitching has come along. Sher, Martin and Fullard all hit .290+ in 2019 so hopefully they all come on strong in the 2nd half.

Strange to see the standings and then realize we're still just halfway through the season, so sitting 3 games back...I think we're fully in the mix for the top spot if you look at the remaining schedules. It is hard to pick against Indiana's pitching so far this season but I'm feeling pretty good about how the pitching has come along. Sher, Martin and Fullard all hit .290+ in 2019 so hopefully they all come on strong in the 2nd half.

I like how a three man rotation of Wallace, Irvine, and Baumann has come along. It gets tricky with the four game series though.

Michigan’s RPI tumbled to 89 over the weekend as they dropped 2/3 to Rutgers.

(Per Warren Nolan RPI)

41. Iowa
48. Nebraska
54. Ohio State
73. Maryland
89. Michigan
111. Rutgers
123. Indiana
165. Purdue
170. Penn State
189. Illinois
216. Northwestern
229. Michigan State
270. Minnesota

Ohio State is playing Purdue on Tuesday night.....forgot to add it when I edited the top post earlier today.

Just one game?

Yes. The two teams agreed to add the game to their schedules after both had their opponents (Northwestern, Minnesota) cancel due to COVID.

Purdue says they are still committed to trying to get the Northwestern series rescheduled at some point.

Yes. The two teams agreed to add the game to their schedules after both had their opponents (Northwestern, Minnesota) cancel due to COVID.

Purdue says they are still committed to trying to get the Northwestern series rescheduled at some point.

Ohio State going with their Friday starter while Purdue throwing their latest Sunday starter.

ADVERTISEMENT