Michigan vs. Daemen (Nov. 5)
Michigan State 90, Saginaw Valley State 56
Minnesota 104, Wisconsin-River Falls 64
Nebraska 70, Washburn 27
Northwestern 88, Wisconsin-Parkside 72
Ohio State 118, Notre Dame College 33
Purdue vs. Purdue Northwest (Nov. 6)
Wisconsin 94, Wisconsin-La Crosse 41

Iowa may have 'given up' the most points (so far), but hard to even care when they post an NBA score themselves.

'Allow' 72 points, but still win by 46? Yeah, that opponent score is a total non-issue.

Nice to see the women took care of business. Yowza!

Off topic question. Does anyone know why Nebraska played Colorado in an exhibition? Most times you see a D1 take on a D2 or even a smaller D1 level school. I was surprised to see two P5 teams play each other in a game that didn't matter. I dont ever remembering seeing that in the past.

MEN
Illinois 87, Quincy 52
Indiana 78, Marian 42
Indiana vs. St. Francis (Nov. 3)
Iowa 118, Truman State 72
Michigan vs. Ferris State (Nov. 4)
Michigan State 73, Grand Valley State 56
Minnesota 71, St. Olaf 55
Nebraska 87, Chadron State 60
Colorado 72, Nebraska 61
Northwestern 69, Quincy 49
Ohio State 101, Chaminade 57
Purdue 102, Truman State 57
Rutgers 78, Fairfield 65

WOMEN
Illinois vs. Quincy (Nov. 4)
Indiana vs. Kentucky Wesleyan (Nov. 4)
Iowa 108, Nebraska-Kearney 29
Maryland 113, Frostburg State 46
Maryland 94, Millersville 39
Michigan vs. Daemen (Nov. 5)
Michigan State 90, Saginaw Valley State 56
Minnesota 104, Wisconsin-River Falls 64
Nebraska 70, Washburn 27
Northwestern 88, Wisconsin-Parkside 72
Ohio State 118, Notre Dame College 33
Purdue vs. Purdue Northwest (Nov. 6)
Wisconsin 94, Wisconsin-La Crosse 41
Thanks for that info! Good stuff.

How is it that Nebraska's exhibition game was against a P5 opponent?

Off topic question. Does anyone know why Nebraska played Colorado in an exhibition? Most times you see a D1 take on a D2 or even a smaller D1 level school. I was surprised to see two P5 teams play each other in a game that didn't matter. I dont ever remembering seeing that in the past.

The two schools partnered up for a home-and-home charity exhibition series of games. They played in Lincoln last year with the game proceeds going to several local Lincoln charities.

They played in Boulder this year with proceeds going to help with recovery efforts from the Marshall wild fire.

Wow, the one that stands out is Minnesota vs. St. Olaf. St. Olaf is a D III school and reading the story on it, the game was tied at half-time and was pretty close until 4 minutes left in the game.

That doesn't sound great for the Gophers.

Reactions: perryhawk and IAGuy
But, but , but... Minnesota is a sleeping giant that has all that home grown talent that can't wait enroll and play in that cesspool of a town. How long have we been hearing that?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Wow, the one that stands out is Minnesota vs. St. Olaf. St. Olaf is a D III school and reading the story on it, the game was tied at half-time and was pretty close until 4 minutes left in the game.

Uffda. They might start having fond memories of little Ricky Pitino if that continues.

Reactions: owenhawk
But, but , but... Minnesota is a sleeping giant that has all that home grown talent that can't wait enroll and play in that cesspool of a town. How long have we been hearing that?
For a while but it isn't a cesspool and they do have tons of talent up there ... however, Williams Arena is a dump and I personally don't like the campus (I ended up getting my Bachelor's from there).

It's a great place to raise a family (not in downtown but in one of the suburbs) and there is a ton of things to do if you have a family. But the fans only care about the Gophers when they are really good, otherwise they have other sports (professional) they focus on.

They had guys out.

Garcia and Battle were both out. They had already lost two guys to knee injuries for the year that were rotation players. Carrington, arguably their top freshman was also out.

Garcia and Carrington should be ready for the season opener which will help, but it’s a flawed team relying on a lot of 3 star freshmen.

ADVERTISEMENT