ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Football Announcement Is Tonight (Sept. 15)

The University of Nebraska President this morning said that there will be
an announcement tonight concerning a Big Ten Football season. He was
optimistic that it will be starting in October.
Hopefully the Cheerleaders come to.
55f4d5ec107e5.image.jpg

59b4666f0d165.image.jpg

4aec04fa341ae0fe89ba103d62fed893.jpg

Wouldn't it be prudent for the B10 and other conferences to "corroborate" this, then? Before making a decision that could seriously impact dozens of other college student athletes?

Or, should we pretend this kid isn't actually dead, didn't actually have Covid, and didn't have a potential blood clot that ended his life?

Joe, with respect, you're wrong on this one. One death of a college-age athlete, who wasn't engaged in athletic activities at the time, should not be the primary driver behind playing or not. Especially at a smaller college, which doesn't have the same resources as Div 1 schools.

I have no doubt the b10, and other conferences, have been looking at this and all other Covid-related cases, particularly for people of college age. There are newer and cheaper tests that are becoming widely available now for widespread use.

Short of a vaccine, the precautions that are being taken to protect student-athletes is about as good as it's going to be.

Joe, with respect, you're wrong on this one. One death of a college-age athlete, who wasn't engaged in athletic activities at the time, should not be the primary driver behind playing or not. Especially at a smaller college, which doesn't have the same resources as Div 1 schools.

I have no doubt the b10, and other conferences, have been looking at this and all other Covid-related cases, particularly for people of college age. There are newer and cheaper tests that are becoming widely available now for widespread use.

Short of a vaccine, the precautions that are being taken to protect student-athletes is about as good as it's going to be.
Him being wrong has never once stopped him.

He is a political hack spreading propaganda

Lol

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
The case could be made that if that player's school had been playing football and he had been subjected to increased testing the COVID would have been caught quickly, he would have been treated quickly, the blood clotting issue could have been identified early and he would have been put on blood thinners thus saving his life.

Joe, you can't be as f-ing stupid in real life as you sound in this thread thus far. Can you?
You make an interesting point.

And then ruin your credibility in your next paragraph.

I went to Iowa, multi generational grad and have gone to over 300 games now or so....and Iowa Football isn't really that big a deal.

I dont care about them more than I do the swimmers they are cutting.

LOLWUT?

The kid is dead.
His parents have informed you of the circumstances (which are HIPAA limited, but they are waiving that to inform you).

We average just over a dozen football fatalities a year.
Happened to a kid at the highschool I went to (after I graduated, just pointing out that statistics eventually get close).

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
I kind of disagree in a sense, without their being football in the Big Ten, I don't see them playing basketball. So, It is a big deal honestly.
Possibly, but hoops has additional time and ways to prepare regardless and can take a lot away from the NBA and what they've been doing on ways to make it work.

Possibly, but hoops has additional time and ways to prepare regardless and can take a lot away from the NBA and what they've been doing on ways to make it work.

Also, the number of people involved in college hoops is a fraction of what football entails. It is possible to create pods to play games in as well that can limit exposure.

Also, the number of people involved in college hoops is a fraction of what football entails. It is possible to create pods to play games in as well that can limit exposure.
Yep, for sure. I already see daily sites being named as possible pod locations so they are definitely planning on many different options/ways to make things work.

ADVERTISEMENT