ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Football Announcement Is Tonight (Sept. 15)

The biggest stake holders in all of this are the players. They want to play. Play ball. For those that can’t deal with it, go try and control something else you can’t control. Head to the grocery store and make a citizens arrest on someone not wearing a mask.

This is what I think of a few of the chicken Little’s on this board.....

giphy.gif

...or facts.
What is "uncertainty" in that article? The kid's parents have now formally stated he died of a known complication of Covid AND had been diagnosed with Covid.
Please just keep hiding under your bed. We don't need to fear the reaper. Some of like to live and take the risk. It is fine for you run.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Because the athletes will be subjected to constant testing. This will enable COVID, or any other health issues, to be identified quickly so they can receive treatment.

The case could be made that if that player's school had been playing football and he had been subjected to increased testing the COVID would have been caught quickly, he would have been treated quickly, the blood clotting issue could have been identified early and he would have been put on blood thinners thus saving his life.

Joe, you can't be as f-ing stupid in real life as you sound in this thread thus far. Can you?
Oh he sure can be.

There are thousands and thousands of men and women that play sports at all levels of college that want to play their sport.

a lot of attention goes towards power 5 football but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

There are thousands and thousands of men and women that play sports at all levels of college that want to play their sport.

a lot of attention goes towards power 5 football but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Joe thinks we’re making them play for our entertainment.
Can‘t understand that they are the ones that want to play.

The biggest stake holders in all of this are the players. They want to play. Play ball. For those that can’t deal with it, go try and control something else you can’t control. Head to the grocery store and make a citizens arrest on someone not wearing a mask.

This is what I think of a few of the chicken Little’s on this board.....

giphy.gif
That's a hot take. What other things fill you with impotent rage and grievances?

Yep, for sure. I already see daily sites being named as possible pod locations so they are definitely planning on many different options/ways to make things work.
They’re college students. They’re not professional athletes who can go live in a bubble in Orlando for 4 months.

They’re college students. They’re not professional athletes who can go live in a bubble in Orlando for 4 months.

I think they are talking about having games with three or four teams in a pod to play a round robin of all teams in Indy or STL, something like that then head back to campus after a full week at that sight to prevent a spread before they play and after.

So.....if I'm getting this right here:

It was announced, that the B10 is going to make an announcement on Tuesday. But there was no announcement. Did they cancel the announcement due to Covid?

So.....if I'm getting this right here:

It was announced, that the B10 is going to make an announcement on Tuesday. But there was no announcement. Did they cancel the announcement due to Covid?
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting that the announcement will come today and the Big Ten will start play next month, most likely on 10/17.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting that the announcement will come today and the Big Ten will start play next month, most likely on 10/17.

...the day after the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported the announcement would be yesterday.

#FakeNews #LyingMedia

Correction - the season will start on 10/24. Teams will play 8 games in 8 weeks.

I'm so happy for the Big Ten players. They really did the work to get their season back like they wanted. Good for them.

Reactions: hawkland14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT