ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Forfeiture Policy- no COVID discussion

138clhawk

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2017
Can we have a discussion about the Big Ten Forfeiture Policy?

I would like to know about how fans will be treated for games that are forfeited, refunds?

I would also like to know what other penalties will be applied to teams that have to forfeit.

I would hope some loss of revenue from TV money or something. If a team is out of contention for a championship, bowl eligibility, etc, what's to keep them from saying to heck with it, we forfeit, whether or not they have legitimate loss of personnel. Would Missouri have sent their players home for the holidays last year if they the threat of being 'fined' or lost some revenue money? Would Michigan have said they can't play Ohio State or Iowa last year? Maybe they still would not have wanted crushed by both teams no matter how much the fine was??

How much do fans and voters care if a team just forfeits a game?? Other than being ticked off for not being able to watch your team play. For example, to me it's like the NCAA saying the wins from 'team A has from 1990-1995' years ago don't count now, who cares about that??

• Haha
Reactions: BXY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News