ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten media deal

Jackhawk87

HR All-American
Dec 15, 2007
Big Ten signed a huge media deal with Fox, NBC, and CBS and shut out ESPN/ABC. This was obviously done to get the most money - primarily from football revenues.

Any thoughts on how this may translate to the ability to watch wrestling?

I have to agree with Grip on this. Wrestling isn't driving the bus for sports revenue. I expect that the BIg Ten Network will keep delegating wrestling toESPN or showing it themselves, but I don't know much either.

Reactions: el dub
I have to agree with Grip on this. Wrestling isn't driving the bus for sports revenue. I expect that the BIg Ten Network will keep delegating wrestling toESPN or showing it themselves, but I don't know much either.
The NCAA controls the rights to the national tournament, not the Big Ten. so it has not been impacted.

the big ten is in control of the conference tournament and duals. Considering both are largely on BTN is also don’t see any major impact…go about your day with little concern.

Big Ten signed a huge media deal with Fox, NBC, and CBS and shut out ESPN/ABC. This was obviously done to get the most money - primarily from football revenues.

Any thoughts on how this may translate to the ability to watch wrestling?

Zero and zip. These are football and basketball rights deals. Wrestling will continue to be covered by the BTN and just like for the past several years, all broadcasts under conference control (home events) will continue to be available through BTN/BTN+.

Reactions: ping72
Peacock is a streaming partner in the deal, hopefully we get additional coverage there.

The BTN/BTN+ give us everything available to Big 10 schools. Not sure what would be gained by requiring another streaming service for fans to watch wrestling.

Regardless, these contracts don’t involve anything other than football and hoops.

Reactions: ping72
We can only hope more B1G duals will stream for free on Apps besides BTN+ and be televised on Fox or CBS Sports channels.

But I've been told, "Hope in one hand, and $#!+ in the other. Then see which fills up first."

Reactions: Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT