ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Men's Scores, Standings & Tournament Schedules (3/18)

I thought after Nebbie overpowered McNeese St. they might go on a roll and be a threat to win it all. I guess they will have to play the roll of giant killer.

5ee3d7cd733a4.image.jpg

Reactions: HotelAlphaWilcoKilo
Actually, they have it right. 11-1 is better than 12-2 because of win percentage, with a 0 game difference in the overall standings.

Michigan........11-1 (.917)
IOWA..............12-2 (.857)
If thd season ended today, the overall record would only count for seeding, not that the schedules are remotely similar. Iowa is tied for the league lead otherwise, and they have played a much tougher schedule.

If thd season ended today, the overall record would only count for seeding, not that the schedules are remotely similar. Iowa is tied for the league lead otherwise, and they have played a much tougher schedule.
Yeah, I get it.

I was just answering @perryhawk's question, where he was wondering why Michigan was listed ahead of Iowa in the standings. He thought the Hawks should be listed at the very top with a 1/2 game lead over Michigan. I then pointed out that there is a 0 game difference in BOTH the conference standings AND in the overall standings. Michigan is simply listed ahead of Iowa because of overall win percentage.

B1G Standings

.....................Conf....Overall............Games Back
Michigan........6-1, .......11-1 (.917)..........--
IOWA..............6-1,........12-2 (.857) ........0

Yeah, I get it.

I was just answering @perryhawk's question, where he was wondering why Michigan was listed ahead of Iowa in the standings. He thought the Hawks should be listed at the very top with a 1/2 game lead over Michigan. I then pointed out that there is a 0 game difference in BOTH the conference standings AND in the overall standings. Michigan is simply listed ahead of Iowa because of overall win percentage.

B1G Standings

.....................Conf....Overall............Games Back
Michigan........6-1, .......11-1 (.917)..........--
IOWA..............6-1,........12-2 (.857) ........0
And now they aren't 😁

February 24
Rutgers 74, Indiana 63

Standings
1. Michigan (16-1, 11-1)
2. Illinois (16-6, 12-4)
3. Ohio State (18-5, 12-5)
4. Iowa (17-6, 11-5)
5. Purdue (15-8, 10-6)
6. Wisconsin (16-8, 10-7)
7. Rutgers (13-9, 9-9)
8. Maryland (14-10, 8-9)
9. Indiana (12-11, 7-9)
10. Michigan State (12-9, 6-9)
11. Minnesota (13-10, 6-10)
12. Penn State (8-12, 5-11)
13. Northwestern (6-14, 3-13)
14. Nebraska (5-16, 1-13)

Games for Thursday, February 25
#9 Iowa at #3 Michigan (6:00 p.m. - ESPN)
Nebraska at #5 Illinois (6:00 p.m. - BTN)
#4 Ohio State at Michigan State (8:00 p.m. - ESPN)
Northwestern at Minnesota (8:00 p.m. - BTN)

Good job, @MrsScrew

Does IU go in another direction next year? I know the natives have had enough of the Archie Miller experience from everything I have read.

Does IU go in another direction next year? I know the natives have had enough of the Archie Miller experience from everything I have read.

Archie could be the assistant Iowa is looking for ... he knows how to beat Iowa (This year!) ... :)

source.gif

Archie could be the assistant Iowa is looking for ... he knows how to beat Iowa (This year!) ... :)

source.gif
Ha.... that aint a bad idea. How about a Sr. consulting role as a defensive assistant like they do at Alabama for football.

i feel like we have Elite 8 games today

#1 Michigan vs #2 Ohio State

#1 Illinois vs #2 Iowa
Look at what we have accomplished! First double-bye in years. Beat Wisky (3X) and got to the final four of our conference tourney. Defense is better. We're a two-seed in the dance and will have opportunities to keep advancing there, as long as we play smart and play to our strengths or above. I'm happy about where we're at in spite of a temporary setback today. A loss at this point in the season may be what the Dr. ordered. We'll see.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT