ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Network Coverage

GunnerHawk

HB All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Saw the game must be regional. They are showing Penn State vs. Rutgers in Michigan. Really pisses me off. Both are 1-1 and yet they show that over two 2-0 teams.

Anyone know how to get the game?

PSU will be primary pretty much everywhere but Iowa. Overflow channel or BYN2GO.

Yeah, BTN overflow channels are standard on pretty much every provider that carries BTN (I am sure everyone carries it now). Also it is always in HD as well. BTN is far superior to any other sports network Iowa could play. Wish we would be on their network every game.

Reactions: td77
I live 10 miles south of IOWA's state line in Missouri. 3 hrs.southeast of IOWA city and my directv also is showing the penn st.- Rutgers game. Hope the HAWKEYES are on the overflow. Last Saturday they showed osu on both my BTN channels. I had to give my ticket up because of work last weekend and my DVR recorded the damn Royals game. I will be super bummed not to see the HAWKEYES game 2 weeks in a row.:mad:

Yeah, BTN overflow channels are standard on pretty much every provider that carries BTN (I am sure everyone carries it now). Also it is always in HD as well. BTN is far superior to any other sports network Iowa could play. Wish we would be on their network every game.

except Comcast...one of the largest cable providers in the US. Still no overflow channels with them.

The guide on Time Warner here in Nebraska has Rutgers/Penn State as the game on. However, if you go to BTN's website and do the zip code/cable provider thing it says Iowa vs Pittsburgh. So I wonder which one will be right.

The guide on Time Warner here in Nebraska has Rutgers/Penn State as the game on. However, if you go to BTN's website and do the zip code/cable provider thing it says Iowa vs Pittsburgh. So I wonder which one will be right.

I just did this with my zip code and it did show that the IOWA-pitt game is being aired on the main channel. If I look ahead at the on screen guide it shows penn st.- Rutgers. This is my directv here in Missouri.

I just did this with my zip code and it did show that the IOWA-pitt game is being aired on the main channel. If I look ahead at the on screen guide it shows penn st.- Rutgers. This is my directv here in Missouri.

Same thing for me, BTN says Iowa/Pitt on the main channel when you do gamefinder. However, looking ahead on the screen says Rutgerts/PSU. So I wonder what game will really be on?

In my house, it's Internet BTN2GO.COM. HDMI cable from computer to the TV. Problem solved when Iowa is not on the main channel.

But I can say if you have Xfinity in Western Washington the main game is Iowa and Pittsburgh with Penn State and Rutgers on BTN2GO. So suck on that Happy Valley. :)

Reactions: hawk21 and the24fan
If you are the BTN execs, you go with the game that has 2 Big 10 teams vs the one that has only one team in the BT. Money and politics rules most of the time.

In my house, it's Internet BTN2GO.COM. HDMI cable from computer to the TV. Problem solved when Iowa is not on the main channel.

But I can say if you have Xfinity in Western Washington the main game is Iowa and Pittsburgh with Penn State and Rutgers on BTN2GO. So suck on that Happy Valley. :)

Also:

The BTN2GO iPad app indicates that IA-Pitt is on BTN (TV Provider required to watch via the app), and Rutgers-PennSt is on BTNPlus (requires BTN2GO app subscription).
So, a good bet that the BTN listings will be updated to reflect the televised games by Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT